Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

A selection with a broader perspective. For those who have the inability to see beyond Anzac Day (it is not a final), the sooner we get him into the action the better we'll be. We're only a little bit of luck away from having our best 22 on the field. I'm only going to sook if we're not 50/50 by halfway of season.

A selection with a broader perspective. For those who have the inability to see beyond Anzac Day (it is not a final), the sooner we get him into the action the better we'll be. We're only a little bit of luck away from having our best 22 on the field. I'm only going to sook if we're not 50/50 by halfway of season.
Then why wouldn't you apply the same logic to TBell??? At least TBell had a pre-season AND a full game back at VFL level.. Dempsey had neither..

Then why wouldn't you apply the same logic to TBell??? At least TBell had a pre-season AND a full game back at VFL level.. Dempsey had neither..
I wouldn't have been against TBC playing tbh. But you can only play 1 in this scenario and Dempsey is a better sub option. Yes, his touch was awful but he'll be better for the exposure and I hope they play him as sub or subbed next week.

I wouldn't have been against TBC playing tbh. But you can only play 1 in this scenario and Dempsey is a better sub option. Yes, his touch was awful but he'll be better for the exposure and I hope they play him as sub or subbed next week.
Transition is clearly sub>subbed out after 3 qtrs>full game (Like Zaka last year with Ade, Mel, Freo)

It's a full game or no game for a tall.

It's a full game or no game for a tall.

Ok. I still don't think Dempsey should have played.. it wasn't like he was coming back from a 3 week hammy or something after being in good form..

Hadn't played since last year.. thought he need one at VFL first to get some miles in his legs.

Ok. I still don't think Dempsey should have played.. it wasn't like he was coming back from a 3 week hammy or something after being in good form..

Hadn't played since last year.. thought he need one at VFL first to get some miles in his legs.

After how stagnant we looked last week, I think it's the right call to fast track his return. Having him and Pig firing on all cylinders is so important for us. We need a quick rebound option as well as the chip-chip option.

So was I imagining things when I thought we had a VFL side mainly for this purpose?

He was terrible but i can't blame him tbh it was a high pressure game and his first game at this level in a while.

Dont blame Courtenay, blame whoever picked him. No way was he ready. I was expecting him back after out bye round and that maybe as the starting sub then. It also meant Ashby and Zerrett had to play full games which i dont want any doing at the moment unless severely injury riddled which we arent.

Oh well starting sub again next week IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont blame Courtenay, blame whoever picked him. No way was he ready. I was expecting him back after out bye round and that maybe as the starting sub then. It also meant Ashby and Zerrett had to play full games which i dont want any doing at the moment unless severely injury riddled which we arent.

Nah, he'll be the bloke subbed out next week after 3 quarters. Ashby sub

First five touches all resulted in turn overs and he looked seriously out of it, got himself into it to some extent and seemed to be coping okay later in the 4th

Broader perspective is almost slippery slope reasoning when you look at the reasons Dempsey wasn't playing.

It was insane. Regardless of Hardingham's performance we would have finished with 3 players who were not going to be able to run the game out.

can hardly blame him, he was selected, then no doubt the phone call to him before he stepped on was "get it and go, break a line, give us something"
...and thats what he tried to do.

He could have marked, stopped, got behind the mark and looked much better but he tried what was required of him.

i'm sure he'll be better for that run

It was insane. Regardless of Hardingham's performance we would have finished with 3 players who were not going to be able to run the game out.

The match committee selection was a huge part as to why we lost IMO. Haridngham, Dempsey, Ashby, Zerrett is alot of players who couldnt run a whole game before injuries to the likes of Watson/Chapman ect or anyone else battling away.

Continually read that we had 4 or 5 guys who couldn't run out the game. The team ran out the game very well. Either posters are wrong or there were superhuman efforts by the rest of the team.

Continually read that we had 4 or 5 guys who couldn't run out the game. The team ran out the game very well. Either posters are wrong or there were superhuman efforts by the rest of the team.
We ran out the game well?

We could barely kick a goal after quarter time. They over ran us in every way.

Dempsey started as sub because he couldnt play a full game. Ashby didnt get a touch in the last half. Hardingham was subbed off. Z.Merrett was also barely sighted after half time.

It was the second and third quarter that killed us. We matched them well enough in the final quarter and if not for a couple of poor pieces of judgement (Howlett playing on particularly), we would have got closer than eight points.

Dempsey started as sub because he couldnt play a full game. Ashby didnt get a touch in the last half. Hardingham was subbed off. Z.Merrett was also barely sighted after half time.

our conversion, as always, is what killed us, not our running.

I thought we clearly covered the ground better than they did in the last, apart from Swannie, who must've had a couple of his special pre-ANZAC day cheeseburgers

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back