Player Watch #15 Sam Wicks

Remove this Banner Ad

1719321473926.png

Sam Wicks

Sam Wicks is a small forward with tidy skills below his knees and an outstanding awareness around goal. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product was rookie-listed in November 2018 and was a consistent stand-out for the Sydney Swans’ NEAFL side in 2019. He became Sydney's fifth debutant of season 2020 when he was named to face Collingwood in Round 10, before finishing the season with seven appearances to his name. Wicks heads into 2021 fighting names like Tom Papley, Ben Ronke, Lewis Taylor and Sam Gray for a spot in Sydney’s best 22.

Sam Wicks
DOB: 14 September 1999
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2018 Other
RECRUITED FROM: Manly-Warringah (NSW)/Sydney (NEAFL)

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can take a holiday from now given i doubt VFL make the big dance and i doubt the seniors call him up for a prelim/GF off 5 weeks of no footy and add to that with Paps and Mcinernery + Melican still to return
Only one more VFL game anyways, no? So anyone coming in for injury cover is coming in off a few weeks of no footy.

I was waiting for Wicks to throw a punch a the player who went at him after the takle, not the tackle itself. Kinda soft, and Johnson got up and played on?

That’s an insane suspension. Do they even have proof that outcome of concussion was caused by the tackle and not the head clash with Mitchell? If they don’t, then all they have to work on is a tackle where the tackler and player tackled both fell over a third player. I’m now curious who is on the tribunal panel and their links to top line VFL clubs.

He’s whacked his head into the ground. Think of it this way imagine it being Tom McCartin being whacked into the ground. It was dumb and worth the weeks
So are you just going to ignore the fact the most significant impact actually comes from the head clash prior? This also explains why the Collingwood player with one arm free does not try to break his fall, he was already dazed from the head clash.

So are you just going to ignore the fact the most significant impact actually comes from the head clash prior? This also explains why the Collingwood player with one arm free does not try to break his fall, he was already dazed from the head clash.

Doesn’t give Wicks the right to bring him to ground with whatever force and make his head hit the ground. You have to protect the head it’s that simple was it needed no it wasn’t. Clear as day a suspension the way its adjudicated nowadays

Doesn’t give Wicks the right to bring him to ground with whatever force and make his head hit the ground. You have to protect the head it’s that simple was it needed no it wasn’t. Clear as day a suspension the way its adjudicated nowadays

And again in your argument you are ignoring the factors of the head clash, tripping over the player he clashed heads with and the free arm as contributing factors to the way in which and the force in which the Collingwood player falls to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol wot? Wicks has every right to tackle, and his tackle was legal. They both fell arse over head because there was player lying down on the ground (who had a head clash with Johnson btw).

There is a clear as day case for both the mechanism of the 'bringing to ground' and the concussion itself. Not only should this not be a ban, it should be a minus ban for future incidents purely for wasting Wicks and the clubs time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether it was partially or fully Wicks fault, I don’t reckon it was a great look him just walking away from the scene hand on hips with a team mate down and opposition player struggling to get up.

This suspension is a joke - I get that the AFL want to combine Women's and Men's AFL into a single league to meet their DEI KPIs, but three players falling over each other surely can't result in a suspension. Next year it will be 4 weeks for breaking a fingernail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15 Sam Wicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back