Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Ha ha, whoops. Thought this was next week.

Anyway, so far, the results and fixtures of the first round (all L2, L1, and Championship clubs with the exception of Newcastle and Norwich):

upload_2016-8-10_22-54-31.png

Also, just to make you feel old, Ethan Ampadu has made his debut for Exeter City, the first player to play in a pro game in England who was born in the year 2000. Best part? He's a centre back! Skinny and tall, but won most of his headers against much fancied opposition. Methinks a recall is in order for the next cup game.

Wake Island here to just remind you of the results and the draw:
upload_2016-8-18_9-58-35.png

One thing I didn't get the chance to mention was the importance of that Bristol Rovers v Cardiff City game. At the time, Chelsea's opponent was unknown due to the fact that the League Cup does actually use seedings. Depending on the result of the game, Chelsea could've played either one of the Bristol sides, Rovers if they won over Cardiff, and City if Cardiff won. I do wonder who Bristol City fans were hoping to win... (did they want an away day at Stamford Bridge, or did they want to progress further?)

And of course, the 2nd Round draw. Just remember that the European 7 (London Olympic and the Really Popular Ones) will have a bye this round as well. Hey, got to let the peasants play, after all:

upload_2016-8-18_9-56-34.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im just happy for an extra game seen as we will have so few this season :(
I remember watching you guys on LFCTV regularly when One HD used to show it and you lot played away in the minnow round somewhere

Was a good omen though as you won it that year

Why do they get a Bye this round as well?

You mean West Ham? They're in the Europa League. The 7 teams are the 4 CL sides (Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Man City) and the 3 EL sides (Man United, Southampton, and West Ham.)

They have changed the format to its 'original' format since the extra spot for Fair Play in the EL (Which was also West Ham) no longer exists (We had 8 Euro teams last season thanks to Fair Play, which means the format had to be changed). Which means rather than it going 72 -> 48 (36+12) -> 32 (24+8), since we've only got 7 teams, it's back to 70 -> 50 (35+2+13) -> 32 (25+7). Newcastle and Norwich benefit from being the 18th and 19th placed teams from last season.

You mean West Ham? They're in the Europa League. The 7 teams are the 4 CL sides (Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Man City) and the 3 EL sides (Man United, Southampton, and West Ham.)

They have changed the format to its 'original' format since the extra spot for Fair Play in the EL (Which was also West Ham) no longer exists (We had 8 Euro teams last season thanks to Fair Play, which means the format had to be changed). Which means rather than it going 72 -> 48 (36+12) -> 32 (24+8), since we've only got 7 teams, it's back to 70 -> 50 (35+2+13) -> 32 (25+7). Newcastle and Norwich benefit from being the 18th and 19th placed teams from last season.

Oh wait sorry, mind blank, for some reason I thought this was the third round.

Apparently we're considering playing our back up keeper out field...

When was the last time that happened? As in, a keeper STARTED out field.

Wait, haven't you recovered some players by now? Also, is this the 2nd keeper (Jakupovic), or the 3rd one (Kuciak)? What position, do you know? Surely some youth has to start!

Still, it will never match this:

The best part is that they actually made him an outfield shirt for just the occasion, like they knew it was going to happen.

If McGregor is fit, I demand that he should be the outfield player! Make it so!

Maguire is back hopefully, will play at CB ahead of starting against United. Dawson isn't back until October.

Kuciak, but I think Phelan has said he might stick with youth.

Lol McGregor is out until January.

Remove this Banner Ad

16/17 League Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back