Player Watch #16 Braeden Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell.jpg

Braeden Campbell
Braeden Campbell was drafted with the fifth overall pick of the 2020 AFL Draft and has enjoyed an exciting start to life as a Swan. Recruited from Pennant Hills Demons, Campbell is revered for his brilliant versatility and exceptional left-foot kick. He made his AFL debut in Round 1 of the 2021 season and was voted as the Round 2 NAB Rising Star nominee after recording 25 disposals and six marks against the Adelaide Crows. The 21-year-old has improved year on year missing just one match in 2023 and set several career-best performances in the process.
Pick 5

Last edited:

Horse mentioned the reason for Campbell being sub was due to him having a groin injury on Tuesday and his grandfather passed away on Thursday. I think its fair to say the young man had a very different week. The factor he played and had the real game changing influence for us can't be understated! Sign him beyond 2025 pls!

Oh and Horse mentioned if it weren't for these factors, Campbell was in the starting 22.

What a performance after what it turns out has been a very difficult week for him. It is games like that which can make it just 'click' - he has been showing a lot the last month or so, and there is no way he will be sub in a fortnight.

His grandfather would be beaming I am sure!

The moment here between Horse and Campbell was just beautiful - Horse for all his critics is an A grade beautiful man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was honestly worried we were going to get pinged for deliberate out of bounds if it went over.
Wouldn’t have been a dreadful outcome as it’d have given us time to set-up anyway.

I’m so happy for Campbell. He’s been on the fringes & playing back pocket, which didn’t let him display his vast talents to their fullest extent.

But I reckon he’s now a fully-fledged high calibre AFL player.

Wouldn’t have been a dreadful outcome as it’d have given us time to set-up anyway.

I’m so happy for Campbell. He’s been on the fringes & playing back pocket, which didn’t let him display his vast talents to their fullest extent.

But I reckon he’s now a fully-fledged high calibre AFL player.
Talent has always been there - just hasn't clicked playing down back in the same way it did for Mills. He was sensational tonight - and has been great the last month or so. Watch for him to break out properly in 2025 - although he may have a fair bit to say in our chances for a flag this year too.

Talent has always been there - just hasn't clicked playing down back in the same way it did for Mills. He was sensational tonight - and has been great the last month or so. Watch for him to break out properly in 2025 - although he may have a fair bit to say in our chances for a flag this year too.
Suddenly Braeden has started to really ATTACK the game and in doing so impose himself. It makes a huge difference and tonight is another example. Horse said he would have been playing were it not for a groin and his grandfather and I reckon he'll be in the team for the prelim.

Still think he could make a good small forward.

nigel-farage.gif

Braeden did such a great job as sub he almost certainly booked the role in the Prelim.
Imagine Adams plays 2 1/2 quarters flat out and then Campbell comes on? Winner winner!
And if he needs to sub for someone else no big deal.
Have to vehemently disagree with you on this one KC.

The best XXII players have to start. Campbell is absolutely best XXII.

Horse said as much in his post-match spiel ... that Campbell would have started if it wasn't for the groin.

Campbell has become a dangerous attacking weapon, has speed, a sensational kick & is really tough at the contest.

Have to vehemently disagree with you on this one KC.

The best XXII players have to start. Campbell is absolutely best XXII.

Horse said as much in his post-match spiel ... that Campbell would have started if it wasn't for the groin.

Campbell has become a dangerous attacking weapon, has speed, a sensational kick & is really tough at the contest.
At this stage I am thinking we will go in unchanged, but Campbell into the 22 and Parker to drop back to sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #16 Braeden Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back