Player Watch #16 Braeden Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell.jpg

Braeden Campbell
Braeden Campbell was drafted with the fifth overall pick of the 2020 AFL Draft and has enjoyed an exciting start to life as a Swan. Recruited from Pennant Hills Demons, Campbell is revered for his brilliant versatility and exceptional left-foot kick. He made his AFL debut in Round 1 of the 2021 season and was voted as the Round 2 NAB Rising Star nominee after recording 25 disposals and six marks against the Adelaide Crows. The 21-year-old has improved year on year missing just one match in 2023 and set several career-best performances in the process.
Pick 5

Last edited:
At this stage I am thinking we will go in unchanged, but Campbell into the 22 and Parker to drop back to sub.
I’d be pushing JMac really hard in training to bend, twist, turn, accelerate and kick. If he’s convincing, keep him in the team as sub in place of Campbell (ie the two to swap). If he comes on as sub and makes a telling contribution, maybe elevate him back into the 22 for the GF (if we get there).

JMac's Telstra Tracker suggests he rarely got out of the HF line (confess I'm not entirely sure how the TT works). 4 I50s but I can remember at least two that were very sloppy. All in all, nothing like his usual impact. Guess not that surprising given his time off, but you'd want to be pretty sure we'll see something different next time before you had him in the 22.

Have to vehemently disagree with you on this one KC.

The best XXII players have to start. Campbell is absolutely best XXII.

Horse said as much in his post-match spiel ... that Campbell would have started if it wasn't for the groin.

Campbell has become a dangerous attacking weapon, has speed, a sensational kick & is really tough at the contest.
These are probably the tough calls for the match committee to make. The rest make themselves IMO.
You can make an argument for each possibility.
McInerney, Campbell, Parker, Adams maybe Fox. Which three in which roles?
Glad it's not me deciding.

These are probably the tough calls for the match committee to make. The rest make themselves IMO.
I think the argument is that Campbell is in the best form out of those five players, and has attributes (speed) that others don’t have and we need. It sounds kind of crazy but atm he is the one lock out of those five.

I think the argument is that Campbell is in the best form out of those five players, and has attributes (speed) that others don’t have and we need. It sounds kind of crazy but atm he is the one lock out of those five.
If we play the Cats , Fox is in , no pun intended

campbell and parker play, for sure ... mcinerney has a bit to prove
there's definitely an argument for adams in if mcinerney really is not right (rather than simply being rusty)
and then there's an argument for adams starting with one of parker or campbell as sub, likely for adams at some point after halftime
the week off is good for campbell if he has a niggling groin issue, and great for mcinerney to prove himself
but of those players mentioned, campbell and parker will definitely play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #16 Braeden Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back