Delisted #16: Josh Begley - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot more money in local footy that VFL. If you give up on your AFL dream it makes sense to get a 5k sign-on and 1500 per game, while only training twice a week compared to training that third session and earning around 200 per game. There typically is an excellent jobs network at clubs that can afford that cash too, which you have time to do because you're only training twice a week.

Not at the ground but a mate just messages me from Boronia.

Begley absolutely slaughtered his EFL grand final. 4 goals, probably 30+ touches and best on ground by far in a big win.

Another couldabeen.

Think he’s someone who could have figured it out if it weren’t for covid
he was a powerful inside player with nice skills and a good runner. but didn't work because we were running a midfield of shiel, parish, merrett, zaka, and mcgrath. so clearly he just couldn't break into such a group.

Not at the ground but a mate just messages me from Boronia.

Begley absolutely slaughtered his EFL grand final. 4 goals, probably 30+ touches and best on ground by far in a big win.

Another couldabeen.

Watched the game today.

Tbh I’m kinda surprised he won the medal, he did most of his damage in the last quarter when the game was over. Boronia had a couple who were better for mine.

Nonetheless he is a beast at that level. He just monsters everybody.

Not good enough for the AFL. Didnt have the pace to play as a mid or a genuine small, wasn’t big enough to play as a key forward which is how he spends most of his time now.

Very good footballer who will have a long and great career at local level.

he was a powerful inside player with nice skills and a good runner. but didn't work because we were running a midfield of shiel, parish, merrett, zaka, and mcgrath. so clearly he just couldn't break into such a group.

Not sure he was ever on track to be a mid but I think he could quite easily have been a handy HFF/wingman with long kicking, strength overhead and big engine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #16: Josh Begley - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back