Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he is in, but I think the perception is that he's an honest good-ordinary player.

There's been a bit of that, to be sure, but watch the reach-arounds in the press leading up to the Freo game.

There will be plenty of "I always knew ST would be special if only he could [insert fictional, but impossible to disprove, deficiency here]"

That was one of the greatest games I've ever seen from a key defender. Just did absolutely everything.

Poor Trav.

pie1-20120818210816165367-600x400.jpg

He doesn't look too happy.

Doesn't shit himself either when the pressure is on. Cool customer.

Wonder what Darcy thinks of him now after all that 'relies on niggling' bullshit.

Yes, what a disgrace! He pushes over a thug who's doing up his bootlace and nearly gets suffocated to death and he's the footy media's public enemy no. 1. Joel Selwood pushes over his stunned brother/a stunned opposition player and he's a hero in the eyes of most people in the media.

Farce!

It annoys me that the media don't give him the recognition or respect he deserves. They just dismiss him as a honest hard working B grader, he is MUCH MUCH more then that. A genuine A-grade defender of the comp.

Pav next week.

Yes, what a disgrace! He pushes over a thug who's doing up his bootlace and nearly gets suffocated to death and he's the footy media's public enemy no. 1. Joel Selwood pushes over his stunned brother/a stunned opposition player and he's a hero in the eyes of most people in the media.

Farce!

It is a complete joke. Week after week he gets the job done but all you hear is how he gets under the oppositions skin ect ect. I just hope that in non-north supporters eyes he's remembered as a great defender, not just for the Barry incident, because he is consistent as the day is long!

Will never forget the smashing he handed out to Goodes last season

He was briliant last night. Will be interesting though to see how many brownlow votes he gets for that game. I'm sure in most North peoples eyes he was best on ground but will be interested to see if the umps have it in them to give a defender votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't shit himself either when the pressure is on. Cool customer.

Wonder what Darcy thinks of him now after all that 'relies on niggling' bullshit.

Watch the replay.

Darcy fawns over him

[Darcy] He's a gun defender Scotty Thompson [/Darcy]

Scotty T must of done some major strength work. His body on body work is now A-Grade. I haven't seen a North defender completely belittle a forward like that since Arch.

BOG by a mile last night.

He was briliant last night. Will be interesting though to see how many brownlow votes he gets for that game. I'm sure in most North peoples eyes he was best on ground but will be interested to see if the umps have it in them to give a defender votes.
i would almost bet that beams will get the 3 votes :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back