NFL (17/18) Super Bowl LII: New England Patriots vs Philadelphia Eagles

Game Predictions....1 vote per category, 7 votes total

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have yet to see it - Merrill Reese and crew calling the game live for Philly radio and the Eagles radio broadcast.

It's crazy to think he's been calling the Eagles since before the original Miracle at the Meadowlands

What would everyone rather see.....

a) Tom Brady and Bill Belichick return to the SB next season and lose again
or
b) some other AFC team in the super bowl
Just come across a stat that the Pats are tied with the Broncos for most SB losses. So my answer is "a".

Of course
Well. Why don't you tell us about it? For some of us, our parents hadn't yet even met. Where were you? Who were you with? Are you friends with BeinPurplenGreen and were watching it together? What channel was it on? Who was hosting Was there a game of cricket on at the same time?

allzk4.jpg

Just come across a stat that the Pats are tied with the Broncos for most SB losses. So my answer is "a".

Well. Why don't you tell us about it? For some of us, our parents hadn't yet even met. Where were you? Who were you with? Are you friends with BeinPurplenGreen and were watching it together? What channel was it on? Who was hosting Was there a game of cricket on at the same time?

Suppose if you’ve made 9 SBs there’s a good chance you may lose just under 50% of them. It’s relative, 5-4 is better than 2-4.

It’s like in motor sport if youre good enough to make the podium 10 times there’s a good chance you may get 3-4 seconds maybe. Whereas of course if you only make the podium 3 times......anyway you don’t read my replies so won’t bother any longer....but you’d learn a lot if you did of course......oh well

Conferencing is the only thing i hate about NFL and american sports in general, yes, they have a much bigger comp than say the AFL but I'm sure there have been many years where the best two teams are in the same conference.

And then the conferences dont even make sense to begin with, two LA and NY teams in different conferences. In what world?? Home town rivalries should be the staple of any league world wide IMO.

The NBA have it right, if you're going to do conferences it should be an East and West. Or North and South. either/either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conferencing is the only thing i hate about NFL and american sports in general, yes, they have a much bigger comp than say the AFL but I'm sure there have been many years where the best two teams are in the same conference.

And then the conferences dont even make sense to begin with, two LA and NY teams in different conferences. In what world?? Home town rivalries should be the staple of any league world wide IMO.

The NBA have it right, if you're going to do conferences it should be an East and West. Or North and South. either/either.

I'm not sure that really matters does it?

In terms of crowning a champion, if the best two teams are in the same conference they'll still play and we'll find out who wins.

I'm not sure that really matters does it?

In terms of crowning a champion, if the best two teams are in the same conference they'll still play and we'll find out who wins.

Tradition and all that, i accept it would never happen, i just like the idea of seeing the best two teams having a chance of playing off for the title at the big dance.

There was the East and West division from 1933-50 before conferences were brought in

The reason again for conferencing was BECAUSE there were two vastly separate leagues who merged. If there wasn't a second league, and just the NFL back then, it would've slowly incorporated more teams, and just had more divisions and tried to put regional teams in the same region obviously.

The reason there is a second NY, LA, etc team was because the other league added those cities and those teams were going h2h in market competition. Otherwise, the NFL would never have had a second LA, NY, etc team. No second Bay Area team for example. Same with more Texas teams added to the AFL, market competition.

Read this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL–NFL_merger

Just one little snippet....

Although the AFC teams quickly decided on a divisional alignment, the 13 NFC owners had trouble deciding which teams would play in which divisions. The NFL had recently gone to four divisions of four teams each in 1967. Many NFC teams were attempting to avoid placement in a division with the Cowboys and/or the Vikings, and were trying to angle their way into the same division as the Saints, the weakest team in professional football at the time. The 49ers and Rams, both in California, were guaranteed to be in the same division as the only NFC teams west of the Rocky Mountains. One early proposal would have put the two California teams together with the three Northeast teams—the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins—reminiscent of the Western Conference's Coastal Division which had put L.A. and S.F. together with Baltimore and Atlanta from 1967–1969. The final five proposals were as follows:

PLAN 1: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, ATL, MIN; Central: CHI, GB, DET, NO; West: LA, SF, DAL, STL.

PLAN 2: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, MIN; Central: ATL, DAL, NO, STL; West: LA, SF, CHI, GB, DET.

PLAN 3: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, DAL, STL: Central: CHI, GB, DET, MIN; West: LA, SF, ATL, NO.

PLAN 4: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, STL, MIN; Central: CHI, GB, DET, ATL; West: LA, SF, DAL, NO.

PLAN 5: East: NYG, PHI, WAS, DET, MIN; Central: CHI, GB, DAL, STL; West: LA, SF, ATL, NO.[30]

Some of the analysis on Foles is just getting out right ridiculous. Like it was all Pederson and scheming. Look at the actual throws he was making. Consistently perfectly placing the ball on a dime between three defenders.

Scheming doesnt create those throws. He was hot. Maybe as hot a QB playoff run as there's been since Flacco bizarrely went god mode that year.

Inject this into my veins, twice a day for the rest of my life. I will be dead before I hit 30 because of being too turnt, but that's okay.

That is sensational stuff mate, i urge any teams supporters who haven't seen this yet to watch it. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back