Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees may have paid a bit overs but they'll get some good games out of him. Played a couple of v good games start of year before the WADA crap. I think as he further matures he'll be a solid player for them. Good luck to him.

Hopefully he plays a tad under 100 games for them and his son turns out to be a superstar.

In all seriousness, good luck next year Melky.

So we apparently have a particular half back role for him based on run and carry with some midfield stints. From what I've read from most Bomber supporters he has some decent attributes but can go missing. Sadly we don't have decent running types off half back so we could (ironically) get value.

It sounds like a definite case of it being a (potentially) bigger gain to us than loss to you guys.
I guess it depends on what you after... I cannot believe that Melksham will ever be a "really good" player. But he should hold up in comparison to other players in a bottom eight side. Perhaps he can be a model of work ethic for the younger guys, plus a hard body to shield them at times? I guess you can't just keep fielding a team of kids, there has to be balance.

True does feel good being on the other side of the fence in a trade for once.

I have no interest in "shafting" any other teams. I just hope we get a good deal with any trades, unlike what happened with Ryder.

I'm hoping Melksham does well and Melbourne get good service from him.

resize

Jake at La Sagrada Familia, literally the only thing on the planet that has taken longer than his decision-making process when he has the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

resize

Jake at La Sagrada Familia, literally the only thing on the planet that has taken longer than his decision-making process when he has the ball.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up at AAMI Park and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay at Tullamarine, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

Should be best 22 at the dees, but you would hope so since he was given a 4 year contract and traded a second round pick for him.

Just hope that when they play against us he is the Jake that frustrated us rather than the Jake that thrilled us.

Good luck to him and to Melbourne.

image.jpg Here's Jake about 5 years ago with my son. The good old days when little Bombers looked up to him..

I still can't believe that we got a second round pick for him. Dees are improving and by the time he comes back next year will struggle to be in their best 22.
As he has a 4 year contract I am sure they will squeeze him in somewhere!

I still can't believe that we got a second round pick for him. Dees are improving and by the time he comes back next year will struggle to be in their best 22.
As he has a 4 year contract I am sure they will squeeze him in somewhere!

Hopefully by saturday evening you'll be thinking Melksham is a lock in their best 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back