AFL Player #17: Todd Goldstein - First V/AFL player to 10k hitouts

Remove this Banner Ad

17 - goldstein.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 25, Vander18

Welcome aboard, big fella.

Never thought I'd see the day when Todd Goldstein plays for Essendon, but here we are

Last edited by a moderator:
I get it now... you're suggesting manage Goldy, play Davey Jnr in the ruck?
Nah. Two Davey's stacked on top of each other.

images

My boy!

Inarguably our best ruck since Madden, perhaps even eclipses Simon. Fully expect him to be AA.

Is that how this my boy thing works?
Your boy is good, I’ll give him that. But surely he’s just keeping the ruck position warm for when Nik “Blicavs 2.0” Cox (my boy) takes over.

They'll probably play him anyway, but I would like to see them give him a rest this week.

With Draper out for a fair while (and knowing Essendon injury reports, probably more), Todd's as important as anyone for the next couple of months.

Rest him against 17th so he's good to go for the trip to the GC + a battle with the Blues rucks, then gets another rest in the bye.
Brad, my guy, rest the man!

He's been well beaten by Williams, Briggs, Xerri, Nank and now TDK. Yes he was better at the stoppage last night but TDK was best on as well.

My boy gave it everything last night. Used all his tricks and technique and was able to control stoppages at for periods of the game.

But TDK had a few 5-10 minute burts where he just overpowered Goldy with his athleticism and in the end it was a critical. The start of the 4th was the most obvious example.

This is why we need Draper to cut the crap, grow the **** up and become a serious footballer.

He’s not really able to neutralise an opposition ruckman these days, he might individually play a decent game but so does his direct opponent.
Like all our rucks unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like Sean Darcy but have little confidence in his body and even less confidence in our ability to keep him on the park.

Would love Goldy to stay with the club and coach the rucks but I think he's just about at the end of his playing career.

I'd like Sean Darcy but have little confidence in his body and even less confidence in our ability to keep him on the park.

Would love Goldy to stay with the club and coach the rucks but I think he's just about at the end of his playing career.

Assuming he doesn't completely implode, he could stay on the list for another year as depth if Draper / Bryan are ready to take the reins. Sort of like Phillips did last year.

IMO we should target another ruckman. Goldy nearing the end.
really?! you are writing him off already? it is literally his first year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back