Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

JW's are carolling and campaigning, handing out flyers at Reservoir Station if anyone wants to egg them... Groupie_ you in??

Its pretty funny how much support Bachar Houli got from the Richmond fans about his faith this week, but a few here are still quite willing to crank out the same old cheap shots at JW's. Double standards much? Lets make some crap generalizations about people from Reservoir while we are at it

Its pretty funny how much support Bachar Houli got from the Richmond fans about his faith this week, but a few here are still quite willing to crank out the same old cheap shots at JW's. Double standards much? Lets make some crap generalizations about people from Reservoir while we are at it
Mate thats exactly right...Top post...

Bachar's even plays when he is fasting and encourages development and sport

A JW came knocking on my door over the weekend to drop off some literature...I politely said no thank you...she insisted saying the end is near.....she then went on to say that she was off to Noosa for a holiday to prepare for Nirvana? Wtf? Who needs a holiday before the worlds end and a life in paradise ?

Is that a JW concept ??

Hey THE_GUN , I was at the club today & they had a member tally in reception that was 68,004. Just re the sign on your posts, I got excited about. Thought I'd share the good news...;)

OK here goes... Took my 6yo son to the Brando's Buddies clinic at Punt Rd this morning. Braved the weather, got washed out, everyone ended up in the grandstand. Happened to be sitting with the throng of players who came along (about 20 of them).

Jack took over, grabbed the mic and invited players up to be interviewed by him, and then allowed the kids to ask questions.

At one point Jack asked the kids if they wanted to hear from Brando or Tross. Rancey was the overwhelming favourite, and he was beaming. He was sitting next to me and when he got up he was playing up to the kids.

When he took the microphone his words were "before I answer any questions, there's no media here is there?"... followed by "don't believe everything you hear".

He was very comfortable, yes he's a little bit out there, joked with the kids about riding his scooter there this morning in the rain whilst the other boys drove their Jeeps, but talking to a few other lads I'd be EXTREMELY surprised to see him elsewhere next year.

Just my observations from today.
Did any kid ASK if he was staying?:)

Losing our best player for nothing because he's a jehovah's witness.

You can only laugh (or cry). Could only happen to us.

:cry::cry::cry:.....

The silver lining if it were to go that way, draft pics maybe....???

:cry::cry::cry:.....

The silver lining if it were to go that way, draft pics maybe....???
How? If Rance leaves to join the Church full time he retires from football. You don't get compensation for a retired player and besides the Church of Jehovah would be the second worst organisation in the world to over value their stock's in terms of trading just behind The Tullamarine Stick Em and Flick Em Football Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your mixing up your "Jesus is the way and the light", with "Aliens did it all"; again.

Maybe we could recruit some Alien JW's to play for RFC...I like the way you think . You Rock !! :p:D

If Rance leaves for The Church of Jehova we should get Tom Cruise in a 3 way trade with John Travolta.

I like it Groupster_ (very lateral or Horizontal??:p) but what positions would they play ??

Wrong church dude
It's all greek mythology to me. They all basically point in the same direction, just find different ways to spin the same tale. Way I see it, I can trace my bloodlines back to the vikings. One of "my" God's had a great big hammer, Jesus got nailed to a cross. I win.

Knowing our luck we will think our FA compo will be JC, we will get all excited, and then the AFL stiff us by giving us Sheila from the Orange People
The side already plays like Jesus every weekend. Problem is, it's like the first Easter weekend all the time.

Last edited:
It's all greek mythology to me. They all basically point in the same direction, just find different ways to spin the same tale. Way I see it, I can trace my bloodlines back to the vikings. One of "my" God's had a great big hammer, Jesus got nailed to a cross. I win.

That just reminded me of a joke from many years ago about Thore telling a prostitute who he was, THORE !! She just said, you think your Thore....Bo Boom tish!!!.....

except that bachar isnt letting fairytales get in the way of serving the club to a high standard on and off the field, but rance would be abandoning the club completely

except that bachar isnt letting fairytales get in the way of serving the club to a high standard on and off the field, but rance would be abandoning the club completely

i'm not being precious, i don't even care about the religious ideology aspect. I care about double standards and equality. To say alex has "fairytail beliefs" is as insulting as calling Bachar a terrorist. I cant imagine you going up to a bunch of devout Muslims and saying "Your faith is a fairytail"
You wouldn't because you're an internet warrior.

The whole Alex Rance issue is a moot point, a beat up from some attention hungry journos. He will play next year, if you cant see that then you aren't very bright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back