NFL (19/20) Super Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Game Predictions...(1 vote per category, 7 votes total)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 817027

49ers got their comeuppance starting the celebrations with 11:57 left on the clock, watching it live I cringed when they did that and thought thats fraught with danger.
After which, they then got to watch the Chiefs peel off 21 unanswered points, to go on and win the Lombardi.

It was IMO the turning point that kickstarted the Chiefs comeback run.

It was a sporting version of a :

View attachment 817029
Could not agree more this was a WTF moment for me. I would be plastering that picture all over the clubhouse for all the players to see in the off season.
Can you even imagine an AFL team doing something like this...Soccer maybe..ah no soccer definitely. Rugby Not. It was complete BS.

View attachment 817027

49ers got their comeuppance starting the celebrations with 11:57 left on the clock, watching it live I cringed when they did that and thought thats fraught with danger.
After which, they then got to watch the Chiefs peel off 21 unanswered points, to go on and win the Lombardi.

It was IMO the turning point that kickstarted the Chiefs comeback run.

It was a sporting version of a :

View attachment 817029
astute :thumbsupemoji:

As for the game... cracking. The 2nd best SB I've seen behind SB49 (not including 50 of course). And it was almost exactly the same as that game the way it played out. Tight at half, one team builds a 10 point lead behind turnovers from the great QB on the other side... 10 point deficit under 10 minutes remaining. Enter Mahomes/Brady. What an epic game. Not the result I wanted obviously but still won money on it.

The 9ers D turned it on big time 3rd quarter. The coverage was all over the receivers and the front were playing possessed. Mahomes cracking under pressure and uncharacteristic mistakes. But I will say this. If you put a QB like Brady/Manning/etc. in there, that game would've been over. Mahomes at least kept them in it with his mobility, avoiding sacks and not saying die as it ticked into the 4th quarter. Down 20-10, the Chiefs D stood on their heads big time. Coverage was so tight, an the pressure collapsing everything on Jimmy. Amazing play by them. Shanahan/Garoppolo lost it there late in the 4th, only way you can put it. Couldn't get the right designs/not the right presence by Garoppolo to get it out ASAP against that suffocating D. It was obvious they were missing receivers at that point. They need receivers and corners this offseason. I'd also like to see a proper 1st option running back and one more TE.

Feel bad for Shanahan and Welker.

Props to Reid he deserves this

Thanks brother! That's 2 times for the 49ers, Crows and Indians all falling at the last hurdle in recent years. With my luck Liverpool will drop 8 Premier league games in a row now.
Did you end up buying a 9ers SB jersey?

Teams do that in preseason. They weren't prematurely ejaculating. I'm just saying in general those celebrations suck ass

I thought that it was a bad look as the focus looked like it went from winning the game to celebrating the victory too soon.

I would have been happy for the 49ers to have won the game as I think it would have been a fitting end to a wonderful season.
BUT they needed to stay 100% focused and play the game out to the very end.

All NFL followers are aware, that this Chiefs team, can bang on points quicker than most teams in the history of the game, that should of been a mental watch point for the San Fran D to stay switched on .

They didn't and as they say the rest is history.

I am sure the lesson will be used going forward by the 49ers coaching team as a highlight of just what not to do in crunch games.

OK back to your original point LA ...... I agree the celebrations do suck ass and are unnecessary and reek of arrogance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like this 9ers team is going to be one of those teams who 'can never win the big one'

Shanahan with his history

Welker

The ghosts of the 4th quarter defense in SB49 and now this one

They'll go a few more heartbreaking seasons and then pull it off I reckon
Its hard getting 1. There is always massive player turnover year after year. and the NFC is still loaded with good teams. The AFC isnt as one sided as the past. but KC, Baltimore, the Texans once they get a new HC, Colts and Titans with a QB's could be up there.

Colts should look into Teddy Bridgewater.

8 weeks ?

Oh gee, it's a slow day for everyone it seems....

The niners have smashed my packers twice over the past 8 weeks +/-

so I'm saying, my hatred is a bit more deep-seated than what has happened over the past 8 weeks...

Oh gee, it's a slow day for everyone it seems....

The niners have smashed my packers twice over the past 8 weeks +/-

so I'm saying, my hatred is a bit more deep-seated than what has happened over the past 8 weeks...
I'm sure it does.

I feel like this 9ers team is going to be one of those teams who 'can never win the big one'

Welker

If Shanahan ever gets to this position again they need to have a succession plan in place so they can sack him at half time.

I told you idiots that's exactly how it would play out.. play for play.

Wow I was trying to explain to my mates but they wouldn't get it. I hate dumb pubs that just chuck it on ESPN assuming that's what they should put it on. Only just getting to the Fox coverage now but it kinda ruins it.

Fun day though. Enjoyable game man. Kind of a blur as I was smashing piss but jeez good effort from the Chiefs, Niners unlucky I guess? Dunno what you guys thought. Just happy it was a close enough game. Williams great game I thought he was MVP tbh.

Shitty day for the Niners. Had a good year but too many mistakes all round today. Missed tackles and blown 3rd and longs on defense, some poor throws in offense not helped by some questionable play calling. Didn't help ourselves either with some of the penalties, offsides, pass interference and an unlucky call on the Kittle reception. Disappointing but always next year as the saying goes

I would have been happy for the 49ers to have won the game as I think it would have been a fitting end to a wonderful season.
BUT they needed to stay 100% focused and play the game out to the very end.

I feel the same way but that is not the American way of life, showboating particularly in sport is accepted, I doubt it will get spoken about too much.

Welker

Who are your early tips to take their super bowl spot next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL (19/20) Super Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Back