Player Watch #19 Peter Ladhams

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the feeling that Dawson's departure opened up cap space that otherwise wouldn't be used. Not sure how Mclean would be feeling about this trade. May have been better to move him on to St Kilda or not re-sign Sinclair.
I think Ladhams has some ability and there's no harm in having some ruck depth particularly on the younger end of the scale. Not sure how our forward setup is going to work though if they choose to play both him and Hickey

I get the feeling that Dawson's departure opened up cap space that otherwise wouldn't be used. Not sure how Mclean would be feeling about this trade. May have been better to move him on to St Kilda or not re-sign Sinclair.
I think Ladhams has some ability and there's no harm in having some ruck depth particularly on the younger end of the scale. Not sure how our forward setup is going to work though if they choose to play both him and Hickey
We now have really strong competition for spots. This is great business by the Swans as the end result will likely allow the in form tall to cement his spot in a competitive team while the losers still provide trade value when they seek greener pastures elsewhere. Considering the success of our academy it allows us to keep replenishing our picks in the second and third rounds to match bids for our future talent. This is fantastic list management as usual from Beatson!

Sorry but where does this guy fit into our team? Stops the development of 3 people in total. Amartey, McLean and McDonald. Just for a middle of the road big dude.

Takes Reid’s forward/ruck role. McDonald can still play alongside him and Buddy.

McLean more a traditional KPF so playing a different role.

Makes it harder for Amartey to cement his spot but competition for spots and depth isn’t a bad thing at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on my extensive knowledge gained from watching a 3-minute video, I like him and wondering why Port didn't want him.

I heard Barrett say something about minor disciplinary issue. What a minor disciplinary issue at Port might be I can only guess but obviously Beatson, Gardiner et al don't see a problem. Good pair of hands and kick a goal on the run. What's not to like?

I think Sinclair knows his role is primarily development of the VFL team and break-glass backup for the As.

I'd have thought Reid is most vulnerable. Can't have more than a year left, is injury-prone and is mediocre in front of goals and we have Amartey and McLean on the way as well.

Based on my extensive knowledge gained from watching a 3-minute video, I like him and wondering why Port didn't want him.

I heard Barrett say something about minor disciplinary issue. What a minor disciplinary issue at Port might be I can only guess but obviously Beatson, Gardiner et al don't see a problem. Good pair of hands and kick a goal on the run. What's not to like?

I think Sinclair knows his role is primarily development of the VFL team and break-glass backup for the As.

I'd have thought Reid is most vulnerable. Can't have more than a year left, is injury-prone and is mediocre in front of goals and we have Amartey and McLean on the way as well.
Please, please, please don't be the second coming of Michael Talia!

We now have really strong competition for spots. This is great business by the Swans as the end result will likely allow the in form tall to cement his spot in a competitive team while the losers still provide trade value when they seek greener pastures elsewhere. Considering the success of our academy it allows us to keep replenishing our picks in the second and third rounds to match bids for our future talent. This is fantastic list management as usual from Beatson!
Strong competition for spots at the wrong end of the ground unfortunately.

Yep, highlights video looks good. A much better mark than Sinclair, seems more agile than McLean and a much more accurate kick at goal than Reid. May hinder Amartey progress slightly but Buddy likely will be gone in 2023 and Hickey form likely drop off after this year so I'm happy to get him!

We did a solid for Port last year and they did a solid for us this year. Honest trades with integrity. Us and the Cokers go alright too.

Crows now in the pile with the nawks and the bravedogs.

Any player that wants to play with us already has a head start as their hearts are with us.

Welcome Pete and buy into the bloods.

He makes us better.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Great get!

I am happy about this.

The consensus on here last year was we would be happy to do a straight swap of Aliir for Ladhams, because we knew that Aliir was worth so much more than the pick we got for him. Well we get our man anyway, at two years younger than what Aliir was, so no reason he can't do exactly what Aliir's done and take his game to the next level. I suspect how we play him will have a big say, because we know in everything else, he couldn't be in better hands as a ruck/forward. I mean... Dean Cox? Don Pyke? John Longmire? The absolute dream team.

Get the feeling he might be the new Greg Stafford. Can clunk a mark forward and doesn't mind a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #19 Peter Ladhams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back