19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

untapped

Debutant
Jul 10, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Getting down too the crunch part of the season it seems that with 7 rounds remaining the final 4 are looking clearer each week:
1 Fitzroy
2 Aquinas All look set in the top 3
3 Old Xavs

4 Bulleen/Temp
5 Kew
6 Therry

Will come down to % one would think.

Bullants look the likely ones and would be deserving finalist after a horror year with losing personal.
2nd game of the season they lost their Captain, Fabris a strong utility to a knee and had an inform ruckman go down with lesser injured leg, 3 more onballers the likes of Bain and Cherbakof went to the seniors early and don’t look like coming back, last years captain and gun CHB to a foot or leg, FF to ongoing problems, FB popped an ear, and groins ripping like wrapping paper and that’s only the beginning from what the club have mentioned.

Kew like Bulleen have a tough run home, unlike Bulleen Kew, are relying on to few to get the job done. The stirring Ryan Wyley has popped up in the best 7 times closely followed by the smooth moving show pony Monarco 6 bests and 30 goals. Fultheim Captain crunch has been a serial possession getter. Williams Wang has been a sight. While Berry and Wall have been solid.
When push comes to shove they miss and end up 6th and look back happy as they won the close ones.

Therry have the easiest run home but that means nothing as they are the Freo of this comp. The look great at times but leave you scratching your head at others. The evergreens of Brennan, Claassen and Walker have done their job thus far. The ablity to share the ball around their forwards could hurt opposition with 4 players kicking more that 14 goals each. But as in the real world Therry’s end result reflected in the name of their major goal kicker. Costello (26goals) great servant but not meant for the top job. They finish 5th

What does anyone else think about it?

Kew have no chance saw them play against rupo and were outplayed by the bottom side. Spot on about relying on a few players, not sure who but no.3 was there best and he was pretty bad. Spraying his team mates for not maning up when he was to busy floating in the back line refussing to pick up a man. They were a far cry from the grand final side of last year there year is over, practically they can make the finals bu realistically they can not.

johnfromtheVAFA said:
no.3 was there best and he was pretty bad. Spraying his team mates for not maning up when he was to busy floating in the back line refussing to pick up a man.

That would Ryan Wyley. Small, yappy, dark hair. Played his juniors at Canterbury Cobras. Can be a very good player at times, plays attacking receiver but become unsettled and loses focus by talking and going the man rather than going the ball. Has had a problem with keeping his temper in line in juniors but seems to have calmed. The only way Kew would make it would be Therry and bulleen lose it completely.

Fitzroy do look likely. But have a real issue with playing hard ball. Their #1 who's name escapes we at the moment is a very classy but is the biggest receiver going around in 19's red. All touches come from 1 on 1 leads where he is infront and refusing to take a man at stoppages and hangs back 5 metres for a handball out. As yet not many teams have the depth to sacrifice a player to stand out of contest next to him.

Two weeks ago Aquinas played a tall spare in defenceand who stood in the hole. Fitzroy were not smart enough to not kick it to him. The were not committed to putting their heads over the ball.

Last week an undermaned Bulleen/Temp side went down to the mud pool (W. T. Peterson Community Oval) with all 5 onballers out and a star FF in voglis unable to play more than 5 minutes due to a virus, and were still beaten to the ball with physical pressure. The score line is deceiving. The reds only kicked away in the last when playing against 16 men.

The umpiring on another note in this game was appalling. 38 free kicks to 8 in favour of Fitzroy. I decided to take note of these whilst in the stand so that a point could be made. The standard of umpiring in 19's red is something that VAFA should review at years end, and that is all i will say, because umpiring is a very tough job and we need more kids wanting to pull on the white top. Lucky saturday situation at Fitzroy did not turn ugly as it very easily could off. Credit to the boys playing the game to not let it get the better of them

untapped said:
Fitzroy do look likely. But have a real issue with playing hard ball. Their #1 who's name escapes we at the moment is a very classy but is the biggest receiver going around in 19's red. All touches come from 1 on 1 leads where he is infront and refusing to take a man at stoppages and hangs back 5 metres for a handball out. As yet not many teams have the depth to sacrifice a player to stand out of contest next to him.

Two weeks ago Aquinas played a tall spare in defenceand who stood in the hole. Fitzroy were not smart enough to not kick it to him. The were not committed to putting their heads over the ball.

Last week an undermaned Bulleen/Temp side went down to the mud pool (W. T. Peterson Community Oval) with all 5 onballers out and a star FF in voglis unable to play more than 5 minutes due to a virus, and were still beaten to the ball with physical pressure. The score line is deceiving. The reds only kicked away in the last when playing against 16 men.

The umpiring on another note in this game was appalling. 38 free kicks to 8 in favour of Fitzroy. I decided to take note of these whilst in the stand so that a point could be made. The standard of umpiring in 19's red is something that VAFA should review at years end, and that is all i will say, because umpiring is a very tough job and we need more kids wanting to pull on the white top. Lucky saturday situation at Fitzroy did not turn ugly as it very easily could off. Credit to the boys playing the game to not let it get the better of them
Star ff Voglis, virus ,or just a bit wet for the boy ? Fairdinkum you have got to be joking .You decided to count free kicks sitting in the stand on a crappy Melbourne day in Fitzroy.You would have been the only one in the stand.Did you coach from there????

Quietly Confident said:
Star ff Voglis, virus ,or just a bit wet for the boy ?

Game couldn't be watched with the whistle going. If the car had of decided to start i would have been out of there. Had to wait till late in the last till the rust bucket came to life again. Counting whistle was suggested by some of the 20 people in the stand who were wondering why the canteen wasn't open.
Voglis. You could hear the poor boy coughing up a lung for the side lines. Shouldn't of been playing if he was that unwell.
Wet weather? Only one to kick the ball on the arch, post high for a goal. Nobody else could kick the thing. Be could to see the boy in seniors next year.

Anyway On to this weeks matches: (hopefully played in some sunlight)

Aquinas vs NOBSPC
Bye vs Fitzory
Rupertswood vs Old Xaverians (2)
Bulleen Templestowe vs Kew
Old Westbourne vs Therry Penola

Will Westbourne still be on a high after beating Xavs last week and take therry as well?
Will xavs be able to afford the petrol to travel all the way to rupo in dad's fuel gulping X5?
Are aquinas going to confuse themselves thinking there playing 2 or 3 teams with North Old Boys St Pats College Amateurs Football Club?
Will Bulleen have enough to field a team against kew?

Fitzroy's bye locks them into top one would think

Aquinas forcefully over NOBS
Xavs just in a close one
Bulleen end kews hopes
Westbourne as the rouhgie for me against TP

What do you think? let us know?

Fitzroy comfortably beat Bulleen.

Agaisnt Aquinas, they played terribly. I agee. Aquinas however played well, and how much did Fitzroy lose by?

They've got a class VFL player coming back and with him and others, Fitzroy will be unstoppable.

untapped said:
Game couldn't be watched with the whistle going. If the car had of decided to start i would have been out of there. Had to wait till late in the last till the rust bucket came to life again. Counting whistle was suggested by some of the 20 people in the stand who were wondering why the canteen wasn't open.
Voglis. You could hear the poor boy coughing up a lung for the side lines. Shouldn't of been playing if he was that unwell.
Wet weather? Only one to kick the ball on the arch, post high for a goal. Nobody else could kick the thing. Be could to see the boy in seniors next year.
Voglis is a good bloke, however, if anyone weighed near on 100 kgs, I'd safely say they could do the same thing.

untapped said:

Anyway On to this weeks matches: (hopefully played in some sunlight)

Aquinas vs NOBSPC
Bye vs Fitzory
Rupertswood vs Old Xaverians (2)
Bulleen Templestowe vs Kew
Old Westbourne vs Therry Penola

Will Westbourne still be on a high after beating Xavs last week and take therry as well?
Will xavs be able to afford the petrol to travel all the way to rupo in dad's fuel gulping X5?
Are aquinas going to confuse themselves thinking there playing 2 or 3 teams with North Old Boys St Pats College Amateurs Football Club?
Will Bulleen have enough to field a team against kew?

Fitzroy's bye locks them into top one would think

Aquinas forcefully over NOBS
Xavs just in a close one
Bulleen end kews hopes
Westbourne as the rouhgie for me against TP

Rupertswood are the biggest sissys running around ever.

untapped said:

Fitzroy are a supposably progresive club,
no boundary umpire
no interchange steward
no canteen
didnt ring the scores through

AJPAJP said:
Fitzroy are a supposably progresive club,
no boundary umpire
no interchange steward
no canteen
didnt ring the scores through
They had a boundary umpire.

Interchange steward too.

Canteen? oh sorry, you feeling hungry?

All in all they are superior to any team in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AJPAJP said:
there was none of the above
I could personally name each of their names.

They had their team manager as boundary ump.

A player as interchange.

In the end, who cares? they won.

F/D said:
I could personally name each of their names.

They had their team manager as boundary ump.

A player as interchange.

In the end, who cares? they won.

The boundary ump only appeared after a complant was made and the umps approached fitzroy at quater time. The interchange was there however on on the ground wearing the white coat. Canteen was nowhere. No scores rung through.
If fitzroy are keen on being the best club in 19's red they need to get their off field organised. No doubting their on field performance, off the ground the club seems no existant.

untapped said:
The boundary ump only appeared after a complant was made and the umps approached fitzroy at quater time. The interchange was there however on on the ground wearing the white coat. Canteen was nowhere. No scores rung through.
If fitzroy are keen on being the best club in 19's red they need to get their off field organised. No doubting their on field performance, off the ground the club seems no existant.
Which is the more important?

Thank you.

F/D said:
Which is the more important?

Thank you.

In short term your winning, your winning. But long run club i still think is more important if next year'steam isn't that good the 19's could go. However Reds have always had good number come through. Hopefully you guys can get it together off the field and move up some divisons in time.

untapped said:
In short term your winning, your winning. But long run club i still think is more important if next year'steam isn't that good the 19's could go. However Reds have always had good number come through. Hopefully you guys can get it together off the field and move up some divisons in time.
Thanks mate.

We have some good young talent coming through and we will most likely field 2 teams next year. Hopefully this "problem" doesnt exist next year.

May I ask, do you play, coach or involved in some way with any of the teams?

May I ask, do you play, coach or involved in some way with any of the teams?
I'll take a guess at the side - Bulleen Temp. He knew Wyley was from Canterbury (whom Bulleen played against in juniors), and he's posted in the D1 thread a few times, and now is posting in here. :thumbsu:

Boys from Xavs, Bulleen and Kew are all the same area. Know Wyley from his time at Marcellin, Oakleigh, and Balywn as well as canterbury. Done a bit of it all this year. Played, coached, and involved in watching some areas for clubs.

F/D said:
Fitzroy comfortably beat Bulleen.

Agaisnt Aquinas, they played terribly. I agee. Aquinas however played well, and how much did Fitzroy lose by?

They've got a class VFL player coming back and with him and others, Fitzroy will be unstoppable.

yes fitzroy comfortably beat bull/temp, but missing set shots from 15m out is disgusting in any weather conditions. Plus having 4 men extra ( 2 players and 2 umpires) always helps.

What a weekend. Didn't get around to many games this week. Any reports from any of the games? Therry lossing... Old Westbourne 3 in a row and a chance of finals. What's happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back