19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

untapped said:
What a weekend. Didn't get around to many games this week. Any reports from any of the games? Therry lossing... Old Westbourne 3 in a row and a chance of finals. What's happened?
The rupertswood V Xav game was an extremely close game with the xavs evtually running over the top in the last 10mins of the game getting them finally back onto the winners list.

smudger57 said:
plus pete voglis has dominated the u19's for three years now and teams always struggle to keep him quiet.

don't forget he has also played some ripper senior games

May of looked like a comfortable win on the scoreboard in the Fitzroy v BT game, however the true facts remain that BT were only 3-4 goals down at 3 Qtr time, to finnish the last quarter with 17 fit players and one player being sent off 5 minutes in. Any side that plays 18 on 16 would expect to run away with a convincing win. With about 5 top line players out that day and a hand few extra coming in towards the end of the season, i can confidently say they won't be comfortbaly winning the next encounter, which will hopefully be this year and around finals time.

Fitzroy seem to be succesful in the lower divisions of ammos which is consistent with their big numbers but poor performing juniors, few of their sides play in the first sections of younger age groups but they do seem to be able to keep players around so doing something right.
This will see them hover around section 3/red 19's and C/ D seniors for some time to come IMO.
Get the juniors playing higher grasdes and they will eventually also progress in Ammos.

Another loss for the old Xavs against Aquinas, with their game against BT next week looking like a finals preview, should be good viewing.

Therry must be very disapointed with their loss, now a game and percentage outside the 4 and with a fairly difficult run home.

Big John said:
Another loss for the old Xavs against Aquinas, with their game against BT next week looking like a finals preview, should be good viewing.

Xav's have won 1 from 4 of there last games. At Bulleen on a big ground the bullants might have the wood. Bullant's seem to have good legs.

Around the Ground said:
Xav's have won 1 from 4 of there last games. At Bulleen on a big ground the bullants might have the wood. Bullant's seem to have good legs.
Fair statement, maybe that big pre season the Ants mention on their web site has something to do with that.

Not much talk at the moment so how bout a review. This thread should start roling with finals on the way:

Kew v Fitzroy
It seemed by the score line that kew jumpd out of the starters blocks well to lead at 1/4 time only to have the red boys kick 12 in the next 2 quarters.
Does this mean Kew have waved goodbye to finals? Yes

NOBS v ANTS
Nothing worse than having ants running around the place and that looks like thats what happened to NOBS. Got well and truely shown up. Heard off the grape vine that Nobs did most of their scoring when the game was over as well.
Are NOBS that bad? or are the ants finally showing themselves as a flag shot?

Therry v the wood
What happened to therry? i heard whispers of finals by therry and now going down to the bottom side. I know mind games are played when finals come around but you have to get there first boys. With this win who is going to take the wooden spoon?

Xavs v Aquinas
I get the feeling that people don't rate Aquinas and what a mistake the would be. They showed xavs they can stand up, and have the mental edge over the reds. Do they now desevre the title of equal flag fav.?

Big week coming up at both ends of the ladder. The spoon and the cup get closer to finding a home for seasons end.

untapped said:
Fair statement, maybe that big pre season the Ants mention on their web site has something to do with that.

Any club that does not put their players through a pre season of fair work will be showed up. I know what the Bulleen boys went through and it was a fair load. Their seniors seem to be showing the benifits of this as well, running out games and finding something when they are spent. Don't know how many Xav's 2 players put the hard yards in, we'll seen by seasons end i guess.

untapped said:
Does this mean Kew have waved goodbye to finals? Yes

Are NOBS that bad? or are the ants finally showing themselves as a flag shot?

Do they now desevre the title of equal flag fav.?

Although they can make it but i think its safe to say that they missed their chance this year.

Being at the NOBS game i'd say bit of both. NOBS were very undiscipline at times, going out wide for cheap kicks not running hard to contests. But B/T were also very good. 15+ scoring shots in the first quarter does not happen even if the other team kick them for you. I think B/T will do better than some think.

Agree and disagree with the Aquinas coment. Most teams know that they can play. I think Xav's only now realise how good they are and fitzroy are getting ahead of themselves if they think they have this season in the bag. Aquinas are a more complete team, they win the hardballs

BT showed too much strength up foward against NOBs and that was the main difference in the game. 4 of BT's main 6 fowards kicked 18 goals between them, showing that they are not relying on 1 0r 2 players to kick thier goals for them. Being able to share the goals between 4 or 5 different fowards will become extremely important when playing a side like Aquinas, who are very well known for dropping that big blonde haired kid in the middle of every sides defence to snuff out the threat of a teams key foward, being able to have 4 or 5 options to kick the ball to up foward would mean that thier spare man in defence tactic would be strecthed, and he is by no means the fittest bloke to make it to every contest.

Looking back at the BT v NOBs match, i believe it was a real sign of BT coming on in recent weeks to establish themselves as a pure finals threat. The match was well and truly put to bed by the 3 rd QTr, with BT enjoying a 100 point lead keeping NOBs to only 3 goals thus far. To NOBs credit however, they really fininshed of the game strongly, and thier 7 goal last quarter was more a willingness of themselves not wanting to give up than the BT boy's stopping and going through the motions. They always seem to fight games out, even when they are well and truly gone, which is a qaulity i think every coach would be proud of.

BT v Old Xavs will be a cracker, the feeling down at BT is that, there is nothing better than getting a win over the school boy sides, adding to that some familiar faces to both sides means that this game will be fought out till the very end with pride and bragging rights to the winners. The game could be a definite insight into the qualifying final, so i believ no team will be holding back with this one. Both teams would be well aware that sides like old westbourne and therry penola are looking to pounce on any vacancy left in the 4.

Does anyone know if there are many players coming back from injuries? Maybe BT's captain will be ready for finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT's captian won't be seeing any of 2006, as he sustained a damaging knee injury in round 2.

There are a couple of boys in the BT side who have been both sidelined at stages and being nursed through many games, that are finally starting to see geniune inprovements in thier mobility and making them much more damaging in games. These players are both key players and play in key positions.

Numbers are also on the rise with the conclusion of the AGS and very shortly the APS seasons.

silky_skills said:
Does anyone know if there are many players coming back from injuries? Maybe BT's captain will be ready for finals?

Captain out for the season.....former captain possibly back from injury though...lets just say that the wise heads at BT still have a few aces held up their sleeves. All to be revealed in the coming weeks;):);):)

Westy's_Warriors said:
BT's captian won't be seeing any of 2006, as he sustained a damaging knee injury in round 2.

There are a couple of boys in the BT side who have been both sidelined at stages and being nursed through many games, that are finally starting to see geniune inprovements in thier mobility and making them much more damaging in games. These players are both key players and play in key positions.

Numbers are also on the rise with the conclusion of the AGS and very shortly the APS seasons.

I heard a rumour that P. Voglis was sidelined at training...restricted to skills only???

is there any truth in the rumour that a few boys from the xavier xviii will be coming to play at bulleen in the coming weeks?? i heard they signed a while back and are now playing after the aps season??? if this is true there will be some massive inclusions into the squad at bt.. also heard that someone that plays seniors will be coming back this week to play agianst the xavs after missing last week with an injury and will be regaining fitness with the 19's.. any truth in that one??

Henry24 said:
Captain out for the season.....former captain possibly back from injury though...lets just say that the wise heads at BT still have a few aces held up their sleeves. All to be revealed in the coming weeks;):);):)

If Bulleen captain can come back it would be some sort of come back, he had the full reconstruction done. 12 months from round 2, means 2nd half of next year.

juDDa said:
is there any truth in the rumour that a few boys from the xavier xviii will be coming to play at bulleen in the coming weeks?? i heard they signed a while back and are now playing after the aps season??? if this is true there will be some massive inclusions into the squad at bt.. also heard that someone that plays seniors will be coming back this week to play agianst the xavs after missing last week with an injury and will be regaining fitness with the 19's.. any truth in that one??

first i've heard of a senior 19 dropping. Any source? i'm sure the coaching staff would be licking their lips if that were the case.
X-Xav's? would show up on the vafa web site wouldn't it? might go have a look.

Only saw this now on the VAFA website:

Old Westbourne and Therry Penola charged with a minor melee which allegedly occurred in their under-19 match on Saturday July 22 at Old Westbourne.
Both clubs accepted the prescribed penalty. Old Westbourne $100 (first offence within the last two years) and Therry Penola $150 (second offence within the last two years).

What happened?

BT could quite possibly have a regular senior player this week dropping back to the 19's to regain some match fitness, not sure how the senior coaching staff are viewing this one however.

Last year's captain has been training strongly after missing most of this season and is looking to build on some recent form, which should hold us in good sted come finals time.

P. Voglis was restricted to skills work at training this week, which he has been for most of the season. Look for him to have a big impact come finals time.

And im also very happy to announce BT will have their Xavier first 18 and marcellin first 18 players returning in the coming weeks, which is a real big positive on and off the field. These boys dedication to the BT jumper (played juniors at BT) is outstanding and if more followed suit, BT would be flying up the grades in coming years, as we have a huge junior club with two colts teams, one of which is on top of section 1.

Westy's_Warriors said:
BT could quite possibly have a regular senior player this week dropping back to the 19's to regain some match fitness, not sure how the senior coaching staff are viewing this one however.

Last year's captain has been training strongly after missing most of this season and is looking to build on some recent form, which should hold us in good sted come finals time.

P. Voglis was restricted to skills work at training this week, which he has been for most of the season. Look for him to have a big impact come finals time.

And im also very happy to announce BT will have their Xavier first 18 and marcellin first 18 players returning in the coming weeks, which is a real big positive on and off the field. These boys dedication to the BT jumper (played juniors at BT) is outstanding and if more followed suit, BT would be flying up the grades in coming years, as we have a huge junior club with two colts teams, one of which is on top of section 1.

Sounds like the bullants are picking up some good playing at the right end of the season. Any other teams getting a few boys back from school or seniors?

Great to see genuine interest in the 19 red section.

I've been an avid watcher of the 19's particulary red section lately, but have been unable to watch much this year due to work commitiments.

In my time wathcing Fitzroy have always been strong and in rcent years same with Aquinas, BT are starting to get a good crop of young kids together also.

I see there are some regular names still popping up down there at BT with the Voglis's and others still hanging around which is good to see. Can anyone at BT tell me however what has happened to young P. Iosifidis (runner up in thier best & fairest last year), i have seen his name pop up only a couple of times during the year, has he been injured or whats the story. An honest footballer who is really hard at it. Would be very handy to get come finals time.

Good luck all the teams, and everything goes to plan i hope to be watching from the sidelines on Grand Finbal Day.

R.I.P Jack Dyer said:
Can anyone at BT tell me however what has happened to young P. Iosifidis (runner up in thier best & fairest last year), i have seen his name pop up only a couple of times during the year, has he been injured or whats the story. An honest footballer who is really hard at it. Would be very handy to get come finals time.

Paul (P.Iosifidis) had a change of heart this year and decided to play soccer full time, that coupled with work commitments has only seen him play 2 games this year, one in which he dobbed 4 goals. As the season draws to a close the talk around BT is that they are hoping that he will be available come the last couple of rounds and finals. Too good of a player to have watching from the sidelines, so i belive they are doing evrything to fit him in.

Thanks for the support R.I.P Jack Dyer

Remove this Banner Ad

19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back