19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

why not just draft the entire bulleen temp team? they dont even need to go to a AFL club, seeing as bulleen is such a great community club, they can start up their own afl club! they will probably win the premiership again, seeing as they are the best that under 19 RED has to offer! bunch of superstars!

I don't know if Victoria can support another AFL team, but definately the talent is there at Bulleen Temp to ensure they would be a flag contender within a few years. As for the whole team being drafted there is such a great spirit down there i don't think the players really want to be split up and go to different AFL clubs so i can't really see it happening. Never know though. Maybe a straight swap of lists with Carlton.

silky_skills said:
Henry - Who will be drafted higher? D Voglis or P Voglis? Will they both try and get to the Blues?

Its my understanding that both have been invited to do pre-seasons with several VFL clubs....this time i am not taking the piss.

By the look of P.Voglis he doesnt know what a pre season is!!
Extremely good player though with great hands and a massive kick but him goin to a VFL club to do a pre season will kill him. Needs more than 1 pre season to get him into shape, and im guessin his premiership celebrations would not of helped him out one bit!!

twoblues said:
All you BT guys should just shut up for a change! Get over yourselves.

eyyy twoblues get ava ya self... u w a n k e r...

The Fellaz from BT won the flag...

u c ock h e a d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloods22 said:
By the look of P.Voglis he doesnt know what a pre season is!!
Extremely good player though with great hands and a massive kick but him goin to a VFL club to do a pre season will kill him. Needs more than 1 pre season to get him into shape, and im guessin his premiership celebrations would not of helped him out one bit!!

dw worry buddy boy.

Hint of Jealousy...

THE CHAMPION TEAM OF BULLEN TEMPLESTOWE BULLANTS, UNDER 19'S PREMIERS, WILL FEATURE ON THE SUNDAY FOOTBALL SHOW...IT IS A BIG INTERVIEW FROM PRESTON CITY OVAL WITH CHRIS JONES...THe great stars of the club wll be interviewed, Voglis x 2, Fabris, Coulston, Azer, Waters, Millar etc...CANT F****N WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just on this draft comment that is going around, surely if these BT players are going to be drafted then it explains why BT were so ordinary until finals. They never looked like a finals side until they played against the Xavs. Then Aquinas was asleep from the first bounce and well on the weekend, I'm astounded. Let me congratulate the bullants on a great finals campaign. It goes to show a few VFL boys can make the difference for BT's bigger bodies running around. They seemed to only play a half of footy against all running teams this year until of course finals.
Now I'm not saying that the rules now are wrong, they just need a look into maybe making eligibility a bit tougher.
It doesn't matter what level of footy the VFL players are playing in times they are dropped or have a week off, it's good for confidence, some VFL players want to give something back to their local club they are with, but they are older players, surely younger players are striving for the best footy they can play, maybe not cause BT seems so tempting! I just feel sorry for the faces in that BT photo in the paper who played most of the year and contributed with water in the finals.

Essendon will most probably be where Waters goes because they are the only team that scouts talent from Victorian local teams and hold a tryout system like a VFL club, look at Heath Hocking. Essendon is the best chance for Waters. Good luck to Waters wherever he goes and a few other names from BT, also watch out for Maaskant from Aquinas, after his game in Brisbane with VAFA rep side, he must be a chance. And if either Voglis is going to a VFL or AFL club, they both better start running for a year or maybe two, they got the skill, but the weght issues would offend Dean Rioli! If they want it they will get there because they are great footballers, but they have to want it. Great year in Red, interesting to see what teams will be here next year, my tip is Fitzroy is a certainty even if they had one the flag!!!

redz said:
dw worry buddy boy.

Hint of Jealousy...

Jealousy??? In the whole post i said what a great football talent he is, unfortunately these days they usually look for the athletic types and mold them into footballers!! Look at Mitchell and Davey, not picked up due to their size but are clearly made it at the athlete level.

Redz i think P.Voglis would agree with my comment about his fitness considering when playing against us he got put into the guts in the last quarter and i said to him finally out of the square and his response was that the coach just wanted him to run for some fitness and he laughed and said no chance ill ever be fit.

Good bloke, good footballer, average fitness levels!!
No Jealousy just facts!!

BigBlood25 said:
And if either Voglis is going to a VFL or AFL club, they both better start running for a year or maybe two, they got the skill, but the weght issues would offend Dean Rioli!

Actually D Voglis is one of the fittest guys your ever likely to meet.

All this talk about drafting yet no one has mentioned the kid they're saying could be the next W. Carey, the man himself Domenic Morabito. His nose might be crooked, but his kicks are dead straight. His presence really makes a difference on the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeahh sorry boys wont be able to watch the amazing BT interview on sunday footy show. really regret not being able to see it but il be at Elsternwick Park watching the Old Xavs win 2 premierships. Fantastic club and should be a great day. Will bulleen go up to div 3 next year or will they stay in the bottom under 19 division and win the flag again?

Bloods22 said:
Jealousy??? In the whole post i said what a great football talent he is, unfortunately these days they usually look for the athletic types and mold them into footballers!! Look at Mitchell and Davey, not picked up due to their size but are clearly made it at the athlete level.

Redz i think P.Voglis would agree with my comment about his fitness considering when playing against us he got put into the guts in the last quarter and i said to him finally out of the square and his response was that the coach just wanted him to run for some fitness and he laughed and said no chance ill ever be fit.

Good bloke, good footballer, average fitness levels!!
No Jealousy just facts!!

Mate im sure he would agree with you entirely. Never been the fittest bloke but this year due to a lot of injuries his fitness really suffered. He has never been the type of bloke that enjoys pointless runnning drills, and would much rather have a footy in his hands, hence this being the reason he plays at BT, if he wanted to go off and make something of himself at VFL level he would, but the fact remains that he plays footy for fun and enjoyment. Having said all that i know he is keen to have a really good pre-season next year (for his own enjoyment) and get back to playing senior footy. Watch out D1 section if he does.

The Wayne Carey Of BT

Big Jon......The Next Wayne Carey.."Domenic Morabito".. very capable of playing at a much higher level but comparing him to a wayne carey style player is just over the top....the kids 5"4 for god sake... more like ur average peter bell or matty knights.... definately an under rated player playing with in under 19 red along wid marc carfi and daniel ramatta.... couldnt see ramatta playing at a higher level but definately morbito and carfi could and should be playing... ive heard your "wayne carey" has been spoken to by 2 vfl clubs.... can you confirm it???? When the kid has his head in the game his dangerous as all hell but seems to lack fitness toward the end of the last quarter and usually his first half is his strongest... he just fades.... why??? fitness? or lack of passion?....Will be interesting to see how he goes next year in the 19s.... pretty suprising he didnt play a senior game.... Under Rated????? DEFINATELY... know for a fact that the only thing stopping him at the start of the year from playing at box hill was a shoulder injury..noticed it killed his confidence... The westborne game which i watched out there in the stix he managed to get almost 28 pozziz in the first quarter.. a player who can find that much of the ball in a quarter of footy is more than just talented.. he knows how to read the play and the ball with such precision... D.Voglis also does this so well...Illingworth can but just doesnt want to some times....C.Azer has balls of steel and its that simple..the kid has balls... probably Carfi is one of the most under rated in your side and morbito a close second.... 2 tough, hard running and courageous players being overlooked why??? that is something that needs to be answered!!!!

Many-a VAFA player has been spoken to by VFL clubs over the years. The truth is, rarely does the affiliated AFL club give a rats rissole, and ultimately they barely get a run, play VFL rezzies for a year or two, and end up back in the ammos quick-sticks. Worth it? Wouldn't these blokes rather keep playing with the mates they've been with for years and won premierships with?

Great clip on the footy show thismorning. Heard over a pool game on weekend at the local that Fabris is going to continue his off field leadership over summer by working a few of the lighter guys hard in the gym. One name hit into a side pocket was that of "the duck with the bent pecker" ?

geez all i hear from the xav boys is how there senior team is going and how good there side is in div 1...
last time i look at the thread it said it was under 19 RED... couldnt see anything about the seniors or nothing..
how bout u xav boys stop living in the shaddow of the the teams better than you at your own club..
face it, your an average football teamin the last division of the 19's.. thats probably all youz ever will be..(ohhh i know u have a team in division 1 so dont bother telling me)
bulleen have some extremely good footballers in their junior ranks. The team coming up from the colts was almost unbeatable during the year and lost the grand final, while all the bottom age 19's now won 3 flags in a row in juniors and lost the 4th. so plenty of talent coming through the system.. there are 5 players going up to darwin to play football during the summer including 3 under 19 boys which will all play a whole year at the bullants next year by what ive been told..
this year the bulls had 7 or 8 19's players play senior football..
i know the bullants aren't in the best divisions atm, but the future is bright and and with the spirit all the boys played with last weekend everyone will stick together. you can go anywhere in the world and tell people ur a flipping bullant!!

"we get our kicks when down by 66!"

Hopefully you XAV'S boyz learnt a bit from "JUDDA'S" great little comment:
"we get our kicks when we are down by 66"...REPEATED... "we get our kicks when we are down by 66"..........................The famous Xav's boyz line is we get our kicks when 'up' by 66!!!"...A club of heartless little ****taz....

Just to throw in another riddle, as at one stage BT was down by 71 points in the 3rd quarter, so here I go:
"We started our run, when down by 71"

UP YOUR ASS XAV BOYZ...WHEN U RED PLAYERS, NOT SENIOR, NOT UNDER 19 DIV 1, THAT IS RED PLAYERS CAN SHOW THIS MUCH TICKER/BALLS, TO PERFORM SUCH A COMEBACK, PLZ FEEL FREE TO SPEAK AGAIN ON THIS FORUM....AS FOR NOW...SHHHHHH.(we dont wanna here you.)

Lucky for the implied right to freedom of speech, ey blueboyzzz (word yo)? The fact is, we're a club down at Xavs, not a series of detached, individual teams: the 2 teams train together, are selected together and work together. No-one is taking away from the fact that you completed the most remarkable grand final come-back that I (and anyone I've spoken to) have ever heard of, were a damn good team and deserved to win in the end. But the fact, as far as under 19 VAFA footy goes, is that you're the best of the worst. Put in soccer terms so you can understand this without bias:
OX are like Chelsea/Manchester United/Liverpool etc...
Bullen are like, say, Bristol Rovers FC. Never head of them? Point made.

But it is a grand final win, so well done to you (if you played).

I've never heard that '66' line at xavier or playing for old xavs by the way.

Very good point VAFA19's. What Bulleen needs to realise is that nobody on this is trying to take away glory from their premiership. It was a great win and i have never ever heard of a comeback from so far down. Bulleen showed something that Fitzroy couldnt, heart! But what Bulleen need to realise is that as VAFA19s said, they are the best of a bad bunch! If they decide to go up next year, they will still be in division 3! which means if they win division 3 next year, they will still only be the 21st best team in under 19s amateurs. And i dont understand that if they have so many "gun" players playing in the seniors, why did the seniors not make the finals in the measly D1 division? Im not having a dig at this years Bullen under19 Red premiership, well done boys, it annoys me to say it but u deserved it.

blue_cookie said:
Very good point VAFA19's. What Bulleen needs to realise is that nobody on this is trying to take away glory from their premiership. It was a great win and i have never ever heard of a comeback from so far down. Bulleen showed something that Fitzroy couldnt, heart! But what Bulleen need to realise is that as VAFA19s said, they are the best of a bad bunch! If they decide to go up next year, they will still be in division 3! which means if they win division 3 next year, they will still only be the 21st best team in under 19s amateurs. And i dont understand that if they have so many "gun" players playing in the seniors, why did the seniors not make the finals in the measly D1 division? Im not having a dig at this years Bullen under19 Red premiership, well done boys, it annoys me to say it but u deserved it.

bluecookie, he was talking about the 3 "gun" u19 players that were playing seniors this year. they played too many senior matches to be eligible for u19s finals, but if they were eligible, they wouldve slotted straight into the starting 18 of the 19's.

Doesnt all this heart of the Bulleen side rub off to their senior side?? Maybe you should teach them something about that..... Senior side 2nd on the ladder going into round 18, a game and 10% clear of 5th place and managed to lose by 100 odd points and drop to 5th place....

Remove this Banner Ad

19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back