19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Westy's_Warriors said:
Mate are u kidding yourself, they are a good side but they ain't that good.
How many players get drafted from the Xavs 19 side?

not sure on exact figures, but the fellas down at ***** definately thought one pick-up had a pretty good season: that being james mcdonald, all-australian 2006. does this make it xavs: 1, bullen: 0?

Another thing, the best players dont make it to ox, they go on to play afl straight from school. jobe watson, luke ball, ted richards, cam hunter just to name a few from recent years.

The Tigers Nuts said:
"U19 (Red)
Grand Final
FITZROY REDS v BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE AFC
Results Withheld."

What??????

Who? Why? Where?

Tigernuts

It appears that the goal umpires had different versions of the score at the end of the match. Either way, there was a point in it. One of the teams were up by 12 goals going into the last so it was a mighty comeback to either win or lose by 1 point. Both of the clubs taped the game and the VAFA are in the process of watching the game to get the official result. Talk about a climactic finish!

bt kicked 10 goals 8 to reds 1 point to win by a solitary behind. One goal umpire, both time keepers and scorebard had bt ahead at the bell. Bt have watch video and confirm 1 point win - just waiting on ammo's to confirm adn reds to conceed.

Can anyone recall a team kicking more than 10 goals in the last team of a gf to come back from more than 60 points down and win??

huge win for BT.

uglydermie said:
bt kicked 10 goals 8 to reds 1 point to win by a solitary behind. One goal umpire, both time keepers and scorebard had bt ahead at the bell. Bt have watch video and confirm 1 point win - just waiting on ammo's to confirm adn reds to conceed.

Can anyone recall a team kicking more than 10 goals in the last team of a gf to come back from more than 60 points down and win??

huge win for BT.

Don't think I can remember a more one-sided umpiring affair in a single quater. Apparantly BT got 25 frees and Fitzroy got 1. There were about 10 that went to BT that were ridiculous to say the least. The goal umpires has Fitzroy ahead by 5 points as the scoreboard and timekeeper's scoresheet was lacking a goal kicked by Fitzroy at the very start of the 3rd quater.

uglydermie said:

huge win for BT.
In those circumstances we would take the BT winning as the official result if the scoreboard and 1 umpire are the same

macca69 said:
Don't think I can remember a more one-sided umpiring affair in a single quater. Apparantly BT got 25 frees and Fitzroy got 1. There were about 10 that went to BT that were ridiculous to say the least. The goal umpires has Fitzroy ahead by 5 points as the scoreboard and timekeeper's scoresheet was lacking a goal kicked by Fitzroy at the very start of the 3rd quater.

I think you are reffering to the goal Fitzroy kicked from a free directly out of the centre at the start of the third.
Apparently the goal umpire marked down 2 goals to Fitzroy instead of the one.

About the umpiring,I know B/T got a few in the last But Fitzroy had the rub of the green for the other 3.

It was a privledge to be there to watch a fantastic game and great fightback by the Bullants...

Westy's_Warriors said:
"One simple fact that can't be understood by a Xavier person is that we down at BT are not mummy's and daddy's boys who have had everything in their life on silver platter for them, and that there parents wouldn't dare say no to them. We are not Spoilt little Brats like u guys and that is the difference, we don't have to have everything our own way, and we sacrifice things for the good of our mates, and it sad thats the way you were brought up, and that you will always be deprived of that attribute."

ummm are u naturally stupid or do you practice, who are u to suggest everyone is a mummys boy. private schools offer scholarships...and there are also a lot of kids who live in households with smaller incomes that u do, but i guess you wouldnt know that cause u just sit in a room feeling sorry for urself and ur 'hopeless' situation. seriously, maybe u should do a bit of research, meet the guys at xavier. Clearly u are just a sore loser, why hold school against us, we dont say u are uneducated rough nuts who cant afford shoes, get a frikking life and dont bother pidgeon holing everyone, cause it sounds like ur doing it because it happens to u. We went to school just like you, just it cost money, man if u live on the streets and cant afford food then fine have a go, but ur clearly not as deprived as u think u, and clearly have no idea about how everyone at xavier and other private schools live......so um ****a
hows about u stay off this post til u know a bit more about...well anything

smudger57 said:
hate to be arrogant. but then thats what you get when your parents can afford the school fees to go to xavier.

or maybe its just bitterness that your not in the gf this year, but then again you'll prob make it next year cos you guys win so many.

how do u judge the success of a club.....by premierships...
so i guess u cant rebut and we can afford to be arrogant....which is of course what we get when our parents can afford school fees to xavier...we actually had classes in arrogance cause they wanted to make sure we could shame idiots who didnt have a clue about the logic of arguments.

eddiesmith said:
In those circumstances we would take the BT winning as the official result if the scoreboard and 1 umpire are the same
Please read rule 8.2.3 (c),

You will soon discover that your method of resolving the problem is incorrect. As correctly stipulated uder this rule, the controlling body (in this case the VAFA) has taken all four score cards and a video tape of the last quarter to review and determine a result.

God help both clubs if they declare it a draw...

joe_joe said:

You will soon discover that your method of resolving the problem is incorrect. As correctly stipulated uder this rule, the controlling body (in this case the VAFA) has taken all four score cards and a video tape of the last quarter to review and determine a result.

can't see it being a draw, thank god. The difference in the scores was the number of goals, not the number of points. I'm pretty sure it's either a 5 point win to Fitzroy or a 1 point win the BT, I'm guessing the former, as I'm pretty sure the scoreboard and the time keeper didn't record the goal kicked at the very start of the 3rd quater.

macca69 said:
can't see it being a draw, thank god. The difference in the scores was the number of goals, not the number of points. I'm pretty sure it's either a 5 point win to Fitzroy or a 1 point win the BT, I'm guessing the former, as I'm pretty sure the scoreboard and the time keeper didn't record the goal kicked at the very start of the 3rd quater.
I'm not sure what the out come will be but I imagine it will be a very very long time until you ever see a Grand Final like the one played today at Preston.

I think you will find the incident that has thrown most people was when the Goal Umpire originally signaled a point and then conferred with the field Umpire when he gave the "all clear" for a goal.

Only time will tell what the results are. Keep a close eye on the Ammo's website during the day tomorrow and I'm sure you will see it appear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the best last quarter I've ever seen by a team. Illingworth turned the game on its head and his 55m goal I reckon is still going. Fitzroy absolutely dominated the first 3 qtrs and 'witches hats' was the term being used at one stage. Bulleens' coach was very cool,calm and collected at 3 qtr time urging his deflated players to come off the ground having spent every last penny. Did they ever, as they won just about every centre clearance and played with new-found aggression that they'd so obviously lacked previously.

Special mentions must go to Tonelli who held his marks brilliantly when the pressure was on, Voglis who just never misses the goals and was extremely well composed, and also the wingman 'Dave' who charged in at every bounce and gave it absolutely everything, his fierce determination inspiring his teammates.

I agree with the early comment about Fitzroy getting the rub of the green in the first 3 qtrs but that was mainly because they were getting in first for the ball, something that Bulleen did in the last quarter and were duly rewarded for their ball-winning efforts.

The looks on the faces of Ligris and Donato after the siren were absolutely priceless, considering the delight with which they had left their 3 qtr time huddle to a loud cheer from their supporters.

On the 23rd of August I said in this thread that Matthew Biggs had been suspended for 6 weeks and that Fitzroy therefore had no chance of winning the flag. Well one could only think just how valuable he would have been to have in the centre square in the last quarter today. Their coach would be absolutely filthy on him at the moment.

Mayhem at the finish with many stunned onlookers wondering what the hell was happening and both camps exchanging words. Bulleen had sung their song only to be told shortly after that there was a balls-up with the scores.

BOG wasnt awarded but will most likely be out of Olarenshaw(Fitz) and maybe Illingworth for his quarter of brilliance. Sorry to dribble on but that was just an incredible 45 mins of action, both during and after the match.

joe_joe said:

Most times it would never get to that stage as the goal umpires would confer, see 1 is different to the other and the scoreboard and usually go with the majority besides in the VAFA there is no guarantee of a video and usually the only way there would be an investigation is is 1 team laid a complaint but they may have taken the option they have because its a grand final but I doubt it would be done in rd10

BTW as for the incident at the start of the 3rd qtr, there is no chance that is the cause as the scores would have been checked and waved off at 3 qtr time

eddiesmith said:
BTW as for the incident at the start of the 3rd qtr, there is no chance that is the cause as the scores would have been checked and waved off at 3 qtr time

Not true. The goal umpires compare with each other, not the timekeeper and scoreboard who also record the score and ended up with different scores to the goal umpires.

eddiesmith said:
Most times it would never get to that stage as the goal umpires would confer, see 1 is different to the other and the scoreboard and usually go with the majority besides in the VAFA there is no guarantee of a video and usually the only way there would be an investigation is is 1 team laid a complaint but they may have taken the option they have because its a grand final but I doubt it would be done in rd10
Eddie,

If this kind of thing were to occur in a home and away game, the method in which it is resolved it may very well be different simply due to the fact that at Under 19(Red) level they would never have VAFA Boundary and Goal Umpires appointed.

I think you will find what would occur in the case of several score cards contradcting each other in a regular home and away game would be very similar but more drawn out. The Field Umpire would probably ring EP to let them know the dispute in the scores and then package up all the score cards with their paper work and send them all in and the VAFA would then deal with it how ever they feel to be appropriate at the time.

My point is that if it were to happen in a regular home and away game, how can we even begin to speculate how the VAFA would determine the correct result?

People were very fortunate today that the final quarter was recorded for posterity on video so that the VAFA can correctly identify the result.

Don't forget Eddie that teams are not the only people who can officially report things to the VAFA. You also probably do not realise at many games on a Saturday, the very discreet presence of VAFA executive members in the background at many games all over Melbourne checking up on Clubs. Most investigations actually occur through Field Umpires reporting incidents.

macca69 said:
Not true. The goal umpires compare with each other, not the timekeeper and scoreboard who also record the score and ended up with different scores to the goal umpires.
The goal umpires wave off the scoreboard to indicate whether it is correct or go over there and have it changed if it contradicts with what they have and at most clubs the team manager will come over and check and if the time keepers see a different score to what they have its up to them to check with the goal umpires at the break so they can narrow down when a scoring difference has occured

joe_joe, of course at that level it might be different but I am talking about when proper goal umpires are appointed, now I thought someone said 1 goal umpire and the scoreboard both had the same score? In that situation the goal umpires would take that as the official score as majority rules, then if the time keeper has a different score and wants to have things checked they make a complaint but the goal umpires are the final and official judges of the score and they get together, compare scores with no one around so they can chose which is the right score should they disagree and no one will ever know

macca69 said:

Not true. The goal umpires confer with each other, and then signal if the scoreboard is correct. If it is not correct they approach the timekeepers and have the scoreboard amended.

You're right on the point that the scores would have been correct at three quarter time, so the third quarter incident wouldn't have any bearing on things.

The only time this kind of kerfuffle can happen is at the end of the game, and again you're right, the fieldie would take all four scorecards and send them off for the VAFA to sort out. It doesn't usually get that far, and certainly not in any GF that I'm aware of.

Tigernuts

Edit: irrelevant data point deleted

eddiesmith: if the goalies disagree but one has the same score as the board, they may accept the scoreboard but it is not a given. If the odd-man-out is convinced he has recorded it correctly, they'll still go over and check the timekeepers cards.

strauchany said:
Westy's_Warriors said:
"One simple fact that can't be understood by a Xavier person is that we down at BT are not mummy's and daddy's boys who have had everything in their life on silver platter for them, and that there parents wouldn't dare say no to them. We are not Spoilt little Brats like u guys and that is the difference, we don't have to have everything our own way, and we sacrifice things for the good of our mates, and it sad thats the way you were brought up, and that you will always be deprived of that attribute."

ummm are u naturally stupid or do you practice, who are u to suggest everyone is a mummys boy. private schools offer scholarships...and there are also a lot of kids who live in households with smaller incomes that u do, but i guess you wouldnt know that cause u just sit in a room feeling sorry for urself and ur 'hopeless' situation. seriously, maybe u should do a bit of research, meet the guys at xavier. Clearly u are just a sore loser, why hold school against us, we dont say u are uneducated rough nuts who cant afford shoes, get a frikking life and dont bother pidgeon holing everyone, cause it sounds like ur doing it because it happens to u. We went to school just like you, just it cost money, man if u live on the streets and cant afford food then fine have a go, but ur clearly not as deprived as u think u, and clearly have no idea about how everyone at xavier and other private schools live......so um ****a
hows about u stay off this post til u know a bit more about...well anything

SORE LOSER???????

MATE WE JUST WON THE FUKCING PREMIERSHIP....SO SHUT UR MOUTH AND WHY DONT U GET A LIFE FUKC WIT!

haha thats great
not a sore loser, congrats to bulleen, i guess u deserved it after a strong last half of the season. As for ur little comeback....i'm not debating that u are premiers, im debating that u are a ignorant ****** who has no idea about life in general and feels sorry for themselves, thinking that they have done it hard, sunshine u go and shine in the glory of ur division red premiership, maybe now u can focus on other things like getting a clue. congrats on the premiership, badluck on having to grow up being a defient, talentless ****

congrats to the boys from fitzroy awsome for 3 quaters but bulleen i am speechless it was an amazing display of never giving up. we thought we were finished at 3 quater time and an amazing inspiring speech from our coach and injured player cam gave us strength to go on and do what we did. i am a proud player and the boys at the club ar an amazing bunch of blokes and the spirit and heart we all showed in the last quater will never be forgotten. The greatest come back i have ever witnessed and i am honoured to be apart of it GO BULLANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Fogetting about the umpirin, what a game.

I can honestly say that not one BT player thought they had a shot at 3/4 time, went out trying to play good footy after being tought a lesson by a ferrocious reds team in the 1st half.

Remove this Banner Ad

19 Red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back