Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

This just ‘shuffled’ on. I have noise cancelling headphones on and I started dancing around the kitchen. It feels like spring is trying to sprung today. Sharing the happy.

This just ‘shuffled’ on. I have noise cancelling headphones on and I started dancing around the kitchen. It feels like spring is trying to sprung today. Sharing the happy.

This was the b side of the single. It's them at their instrumental best.

And as an afterthought, Hawley should have been booted out of the corridors of power after his inciting of the mob on January 6th. And in any other democratic society he would have.

Speaks volumes about the nature of US politics.

454645750_8133142436806161_8474795277497481443_n.jpg

I recognise a couple of faces in the 'my cherie amour' clip. Right at the end where you see a guy in glasses on the right as the cops push past is Chris, who sells plants at Camberwell Market these days.
A good clip for showing what house parties were like back in the 80's.

View attachment 2076747

I recognise a couple of faces in the 'my cherie amour' clip. Right at the end where you see a guy in glasses on the right as the cops push past is Chris, who sells plants at Camberwell Market these days.
A good clip for showing what house parties were like back in the 80's.

It used to be fun at the end of the night at the Ballroom. Everyone would be asking around, “where’s the party?” You would end up in all sorts of places. Very free and easy.

1972 audio artefact
They do not look like happy chappies for the cover shoot that's for certain.

I loved this song as a kid. Admittedly, I had no clues about ‘going all the way’, but I liked the musical variation, especially the bit where they rock out. It was on one of my Happening Hits records.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_9085.jpeg

IMG_9084.jpeg

In 1974 we see the first Compilations that were specifically aimed at marketing to teenage girls. All that blue eyeshadow and pencil thin eyebrows.....urghhh.

IMG_9086.jpeg

IMG_9087.jpeg

I was going to inflict El Bimbo on you all but....

And for the first time we have the Record Selector advertising from K-Tel..."Works like a computer" amongst other things.

IMG_9088.jpeg IMG_9089.jpeg

View attachment 2077094

View attachment 2077092

In 1974 we see the first Compilations that were specifically aimed at marketing to teenage girls. All that blue eyeshadow and pencil thin eyebrows.....urghhh.

View attachment 2077098

View attachment 2077100

I was going to inflict El Bimbo on you all but....

And for the first time we have the Record Selector advertising from K-Tel..."Works like a computer" amongst other things.

View attachment 2077107View attachment 2077108

I had Explosive Hits 74. First album I bought with my own money.

I loved this song as a kid. Admittedly, I had no clues about ‘going all the way’, but I liked the musical variation, especially the bit where they rock out. It was on one of my Happening Hits records.
Same, it was the music not the topic.
A friend just sent me this, enjoy!

Yes, I have it Kilroy but we haven't got to 1977 yet. (It might still be in my storage.)
We will as it features that incredible, amazing hit Marty Rhone's "Mean Pair of Jeans."

The RCA design minions took note as this was their cover art for their 1978 compilation:

IMG_9117.jpeg
And what a sexist time the 70's were, as the blowback from 1960's feminism was over the top.
The above cover is really vile.

Last edited:
I know. Should I get rid of it Kimba Curator? I've minimised the offense but can delete.
Nah. It’s a historical artefact. I’m more offended by the stuff that is happening at Channel Seven in the here and now. We all know the 70’s was sexist and dumb. It’s worth being reminded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back