U/Muddy thoughts
V/Bloody thoughts
W/Repetitive thoughts
X/impatient thoughts
Y/Resigned thoughts
Z/Quit while you're ahead thoughts

Answer: Jolly good.
Baddonk!

For World Literacy Day I started off looking for word songs of which there are plenty and came across the below clip which prompted the 'hang on this all looks familiar' response and I slipped down the nostalgia warren.
It was as I knew it now almost 40 years past, so many of these people in it, all very familiar in the cross pollination of the Melbourne creative scene in the 80's.

The 1986 clip of I'm Talking with proof that Zan was the better of the two singers. Kate had a better manager, her mother who was a dragon lady that wouldn't take no for an answer and on the whole kate was way more ambitious than Zan.

The clip is a slice of the Melbourne scene at the time, shot at Chasers in Chapel St the fashion, hairstyles are all on point and as remembered, slicked back long hair with height at the front, baggy jumpers worn as dresses, small hats, leather jackets etc.
Directed by Macgregor Knox, the son of architect Alistair Knox's second family (the Eltham set), his younger sister is the one in the hat that gets up from the couch, his brother Alexander my younger sister's then boyfriend is dancing in the crowd, Trudy Hellier (Frontline etc.) his soon to be sister inlaw dance across the screen, Belinda her sister & Macgregor's girlfriend is in the crowd, as is Sherrine Zan's sister.
So many other faces I knew back then and recall not the names of but I was never a Chaser's person, I think I went there twice, Razor however was always where it was at and all of the above named people were there on Fridays.

I could talk more about that slice of life lived, hanging out with Zan and Sherrine by the hotel pool in Brisbane on the Australian Made tour January 1987 but I think I already have earlier in the RZSS.
You can watch the Lowenstein Movie of the tour with more known faces many now gone.
This time, was possibly the apex of the Australian music scene, when the 'Countdown influence babies' reached it's apogee and the bands were huge, made a pretty decent living and the scene was in full flight. Macgregor is also doing video on the film, small world stuff.
All pre streaming, pre mobile phones and pc's, it was a very different era, people were way more open and personable, we were all fresh.

458506513_10160597359088269_7945092030407671863_n.jpg

Last edited:
This is a brilliant piece of writing and why I subscribe to the NY Times.
I will come back to comment later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first two George Harrison compositions to appear on any Beatles LP. Both great, both quirky different and both have aged well.

There was much celebrating in the moginie household today. The eldest has scored the job they were after and now the moginie offspring are working together again, this time at Apple.

And just to cap it off, our black Araucana "Robert Smith" (no, I didn't name her and she got the name because of her hairstyle) has started laying again after a hiatus of nearly ten months.

It's the little things. Somehow they can be the best.

Television section of the NY Times:

“I had a liberal elite day today. I woke up, I ate a big cat for breakfast, then I had a baby, then I had an abortion right after that, and then I went to pick up my kids from their mandatory transgender surgery operations after school. And now, I’m back here spreading Marxist propaganda on TV. That’s how we do it.” — JIMMY KIMMEL

“This pet-eating brain worm got into Trump’s skull through JD Vance, who’s been spreading a racist rumor that Haitian immigrants are abducting people’s pets and eating them in Ohio. This is a good time to remind you: please remember to spay or neuter your JD Vance. We don’t want more of that.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

Remove this Banner Ad

Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back