1st XVIII Aps teams for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

someone post the sick mgs team that is to take the field this year. Such a goood team. Ellis, Measures, Hawkins, Vance, Sartori, Mclardy, Webb, Weston just to name a few this team is gonna be a tough one to beat

bgsfooty06 said:
A more likely team:

B: N. Graham-Bowman R. Anniss J. Watts

HB: J. McCowan C. Dawes S. Conlan

C: M. Burns A. Calder L. Buntz

HF: T. Cooney B. Trivett C. Kennett

F: A. Dewar K. Tickell Jim Davis

R: M. Bannar-Martin S. Tregear Jack Davis

I: B. Pascoe D. Sargent M. Rolls

yeah alright team most new guys from year 10 prob coz the person who posted that is in year 10. good team this year as the young footballers will level out well with the big year 12s.

Chief Wiggam said:
This is an awesome team, each area of the field is covered by quality players but we just have to keep fingers crossed that no- one gets injured. the emergancies are class players aswell but lack hight and only Ridgeway is solidly built. there a few year 11's other than lillie that could get a game, but he as advantage with his hight (probably picked as ruckman). there is a bloke named al johnstone, he is quite tall and takes a brilliant overhead mark, he lacks muscle tho, he may get a gig this year but will probably be in the better players with the 2's. another bloke is jason perri, he is short but he is extremly quick and he runs straight lines at the ball, he is a hardworker and was the best player by a mile in the 10 a's last year, he is a better player than lillie but is about a foot shorter which is disapointing because he is all class. haileybury are the favourites for the flag and all the blokes back at the scholl ecpect nothing less from them, and so does the team.

Yehh Johnstone and Perri are quite good.. I just think that with the very high standard set by many other players in the team, they might struggle to play games this year. They will be great assets to the 2nds teams, but they might get a game, depending on how they perform during pre-season practice matches.

Theres another bloke, Tormy that is pretty solid and a bit of a sneak around goals. He is another prospect for 1st, but like the other two blokes, he might have trouble getting a game.

Does anyone know what the changes will be like from the Haileybury 1s, like on-ball changes and so on...?? ruck rovers..rovers..??? and what’s the full forward like?

I goto GCS not sure about our firsts team this year cause first year playing after playing couple years in basketball firsts but we should have an alright side we got 6 or 7 falcons players.

Re: 1st XVIII Aps teams this year

the carey 1st XVIII for 2006 will be as follows:

B: Roach, Reed, Henry
HB:Chichuralli, Murray, Brenchley
C: Arthur, Fong, Pocklington
HF: Rule, Reid, B. Haslam
F: Macready-Bryan, R Jones, Cruickshank

Foll: Jackson, Suckling, Thompson

Bench: C. Jones, Courtot, Lisle, Koa, J Thompson, T Wood, A Smith, Courtot

Geelong College 1st 18

Backs: Linke A.McArthur Walsh

Half Backs: Fairburn Schoiefield Weddel

Centre: Barham G. Johnston Doherty

Half Forward: J. McArthur Henderson Stanley(Cricket guy)

Forwards: Sutherland Hobbs Curnow

Foll: Cordy Rockefeller Balodis

Haslam said:

Can't say that lot will do any damage in the long run. I predict them to be bottom 4. No chance for the premiership.

jimbo1 said:
Geelong College 1st 18

Backs: Linke A.McArthur Walsh

Half Backs: Fairburn Schoiefield Weddel

Centre: Barham G. Johnston Doherty

Half Forward: J. McArthur Henderson Stanley(Cricket guy)

Forwards: Sutherland Hobbs Curnow

Foll: Cordy Rockefeller Balodis

Good suprise a few this lot. A few talented players, but not consistent enough across the board. Probably just miss out on the finals.

Haslam said:

is that roach as in tom roach's brother, why isnt he in the forward line i hear he is a dud

Geelong Grammar
Edwards, J.Lloyd, Zoogoolas
Hardie-Grant, Vickers-Willis, Kemp
Wood, Swan, de Fegely
McPherson, Austin, O'Hare
Kent, Sleigh, Kerr
Symonds, O'Keefe, Ireland
any suggestions? only a rough idea.

Gissa said:
Geelong Grammar
Edwards, J.Lloyd, Zoogoolas
Hardie-Grant, Vickers-Willis, Kemp
Wood, Swan, de Fegely
McPherson, Austin, O'Hare
Kent, Sleigh, Kerr
Symonds, O'Keefe, Ireland
any suggestions? only a rough idea.
Can't say many sides would be loosing much sleep at night over that team. Zoogoolas will spend half the season on the pine after getting sent off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Sam Arthur on the wing? I played with/against him many years ago but don't remember him being a standout then. Late developer perhaps?

Arma said:
Is that Sam Arthur on the wing? I played with/against him many years ago but don't remember him being a standout then. Late developer perhaps?

Yeah i have played with Sam Arthur over the last few years and he has always been a good player. Great athlete, great bloke aswell.

ball1 said:
yeah alright team most new guys from year 10 prob coz the person who posted that is in year 10. good team this year as the young footballers will level out well with the big year 12s.
i think the team will be
cannon, annis, rolls
coglan,conney,stacy
mc cowan, calder ,jack davis
w pickering, trivett,tickell
j pickering, mc leod,pascoe
rucks- dawes, tregier,sargent
int-banner martin,dewar,watts, kennett
thats an alrihgt side but not bets from bgs

AHAHAHA THAT HASLAM KID IS AN ABSOLUTLE WAN*KER!!!

you think thats the first 18 carey team??? that being the case, why have you added urself, even though you havent been to one training session this year or the footy camp, where 44 players got invited and you didnt! ahahaha funny stuff haslam, look foward to seein u at school!

Carey's Team yet to be finalised, just my best team:

B:Chiucharelli, Henry, Paraskevas

HB: O.Reed, Murray, -

C: Arthur, Suckling, Fong

HF:Lisle, J.Reid, N.Thompson

F: Macready- Bryan, Dean, De'Layer

Foll: -, Pocklington, Cruickshaink

Notice how i have not added either a bench, ruck position or a hbf, as i need more time to assess carey's talent depth and to see where each boy will play. I will get back to you in short notice with further additions to that team. I wouldnt write carey off mind you. Of all those players;

- 13 of that starting team are year 12's (with potential further additions)
- One has tasted senior football, and in addition club success at Swan Hill Senior First 18 (Cruickshaink) in the VCFL
- 2 of those players have been recently selected on TAC cup lists (Murray, Reid) with a further two trying out and have had U16 tac experience (Arthur, Chuicharelli).

dutchy12 said:
MGS 1ST XVIII

FB: J.Eaves N.Batten R.Peake
HB: C.Peake T.Beaumont S.Peake
W: R.Read T.Davis H.Webb
HF: J.Harrod T.Hawkins M.Collister
FF: J.McArthur B.Vance W.Harris
R: B.Bainse B.Hanish M.Weston

B:X.Ellis G. Ellis A.Ellis L.Ellis

What about M. Mccoy? He would surely be a shoe in to play 1sts this year?

What's Bryan Vance's (MGS) chances of getting drafted come seasons end?

I have heard that one club is pretty keen on him but I know he's also a pretty decent cricketer so is there a decision to be made or will he just stick to cricket???

blue&gold fever said:
What about Tom Hawkins from MGS, I heard his dad played for Geelong so is there a chance he may be drafted by father-son?

Just about signed sealed and delivered. Currently at the AIS / AFL Acadamy and will spend his time playing for MG and the Sandy Dragons.

See below post by Mojo31 who has him around pick 14 if he wasn't father/son.

"Hi everyone.

I might put up some more detailed information on the draft board about Hawkins later. But at this stage he is a giant and has a huge body already. Is listed at 198cms and 97kgs. The thing with him was when he played TAC last year in the last 3 games he looked very comfortable at the higher level and playing against most players who are older than him.
He got a lot of the ball in the last game he dominated. I have seen that game
and they played him at full forward. He took a number of very strong marks and kicked 5 goals. They also played him at CHF in the other 2 games.
Warncock was the ruckman for Sandringham.
He is big but athletic and moves well and takes a mark like a key forward and not a ruck."

Understandably cats fans are pretty keen for him to pull on the hoops!!

Thats great news for Cats fans, though you have to think there may be a chance he wouldnt want to go to Geelong. This reason being they have Playfair, Ablett, Lonergan and Gamble who r all tall key position forwards and all at a fairly young age, but still i think he would b a sick recruit.

Remove this Banner Ad

1st XVIII Aps teams for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back