Scotch 1sts as i see it:

FB R. Mcdougal R.Porter E.Whitelaw
HB T.Yeo D.Sheetz T.Burnett
C T.Mead N.Djekkura L.Hill
HF W.Davis S.Sherwen J. Rioli
FF A. McDonald P.Jacobs S.Rioli
Fo R.Njoku N.Smith C.O'Shannesy

A very competitive side.
Great on ball depth with Mead, Burnett and Rioli who can play in there with the best of them. And Njoku whose a massive unit with a equally massive leap.
Good talls with Sherwen and Scheetz who can interchange with ease.
Great experiance with 14 of these 18 with 1sts games under their belt.

Got no bench mate....
Good team, question mark is at Porter at full-back, dunno who else there is, but Porter would be better somewhere else

Backs: McIntyre Erikson Luxa
C.H.B: Driscoll Chadwick Tunic
Centre: Lynch Gilder Hill
C.H.F: Collins Comben Sheldon
Forwards: Hellier Francis Smith
Rucks: Andrews, Beckwith, Succuzzo

Bench: Keady, Lillie, Martin

The underlined players are at TAC cup teams, as you can see 15 of the 21 are playing tac cup footy this year or next (Erikson, Andrews, Collins and Luxa would all be at Tac Cup teams if it wasnt for injury during pre season or rowing committments!)

Makes for an amazing team,(If anyone thinks they can beat this team i would probably think again, it would take an amazing effort and some amazing players to win, only person who comes to mind is Ellis/Hawkins duo, but lets just say Haileybury have a few plans up their sleeve to keep them quiet!) It is probably the best and most all rounded team Haileybury have fielded for 15 - 20 years, especially the fact that Francis the FF is 196cm and weighs 90kg and played basketball last year, but has now changed to footy and is down at Sandringham. Look for him to bag 40 goal this year. He is a angry machine, is quick, good kick and super hands!
Haileybury = Underfeated Premiers :thumbsu:

Ive played against Francis in bball, good player and definetly a big boy
is he playing footy this year?
will have to say gday to him while im watching from the sidelines not coz im injured jus coz im ******** at footy

An alternative Scotch first XVIII

B: Bowman Chatres Harris
HB: Colman Red Homewood
C: Carter T-Train Brougham
HF: Mitch Scott Squizza Chez
FF: Baird B-Train Jane
R: Abro Alan Tang Moreshead
Int: Moulds, Rees, Jones

Should go alright this year, with Tang being mentioned in the 'Up Country Punt' Thread.
With the forward line of Baird, B-Train and Jane there will be a lot of goals coming from pack marks as none are the most nimble.
Abro and Colman are back and ready to toil away again. Bowman will give his new 'buffed' body a work-out.

Note that this team is a prospective team, without the established stars, such as Smith, Rioli, O'Shannessy, Scheetz etc etc.

APS_talentscout said:
Brighton Grammar First XVIII...

FB S.Connelly R.Annis B.Pascoe
HB H.Stacy B.Trivett T.Cooney
C D.Sargent A.Calder J.McCowan
HF J.Cannon Banner Martin M.Roles
FF J.Pickering Macleod-Smith W.Pickering
Fo C.Dawes S.Trigear J.Davis

Not so bad, top midfield.....

lucky banner martin is up forward cos hes the only bloke there who can take a grab, i think bgs will rely on trig and calder kickin lots of goals for them, wheres tickell? chuck him up forward. good luck guys biz

macca69 said:
hmm, haven't heard of Jacobs, would u mind telling me what he is like as a player?

edit - did Jacobs play FF last year? My mate told me that Scotch's FF last year had an excellent pair of hands, best in the APS in fact. Also kicked a bucketload of goals last year too apparantly. How good do u reakon he is?

Jacobs is a good forward, one of the best on offer at Scotch College.

For those who haven't heard, there's a player best referred to at Scotch College by the name of the 'B-Train'. I could be wrong but I think someone mentioned him in an earlier post as part of an alternative Scotch XVIII team.

He's quick, agile and can take a towering mark. He is also a pretty good kick for goal, probably even better than Jacobs. Jacobs has teh size, but the B-Train has the general football nous and agility.

However, I cannot confirm or deny whether he has actually completed a full pre-season, as he has been known to take a very lax attitude towards football at times.

The fellow can play, and be ready to see him lining up in teh Scotch College team this season.

The X Factor said:
Jacobs is a good forward, one of the best on offer at Scotch College.

For those who haven't heard, there's a player best referred to at Scotch College by the name of the 'B-Train'. I could be wrong but I think someone mentioned him in an earlier post as part of an alternative Scotch XVIII team.

He's quick, agile and can take a towering mark. He is also a pretty good kick for goal, probably even better than Jacobs. Jacobs has teh size, but the B-Train has the general football nous and agility.

However, I cannot confirm or deny whether he has actually completed a full pre-season, as he has been known to take a very lax attitude towards football at times.

The fellow can play, and be ready to see him lining up in teh Scotch College team this season.

Anyone know who Scotch play in their next practise game and which one of Jacobs or the B-Train will lineup at FF? Cheers.

macca69 said:
Anyone know who Scotch play in their next practise game and which one of Jacobs or the B-Train will lineup at FF? Cheers.

They play Geelong College down at Geelong. Geelong College will be keen to avenge their loss at the Head of the River yesterday, but won't get anywhere near Scotch.

I woulda thought Jacobs would get the nod, as the B-Train has had a limited pre-season and will be eased into the side. In recent times, the B-Train has had committment and weight issues, lets hope he can overcome these as watching him play our great game is like poetry in motion.

Chooker mate have you seen geelong college play?
We played this morning against Camberwell, 1st half we had our 1sts side without our falcons players and rowers and they didnt even kick a goal. And in the 2nd half we put our 2nds on and we still beat Camberwell, im not sure what Camberwell are likes in terms of footy but i got told they are a all boys school so they should be better than that. itll be closer than you think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ozzie25 said:
Chooker mate have you seen geelong college play?
We played this morning against Camberwell, 1st half we had our 1sts side without our falcons players and rowers and they didnt even kick a goal. And in the 2nd half we put our 2nds on and we still beat Camberwell, im not sure what Camberwell are likes in terms of footy but i got told they are a all boys school so they should be better than that. itll be closer than you think

Every APS side bar a couple would beat Camberwell by 10 goals at least. there not much chop buddy

Matthew Roach is the worst player i have ever seen. he is slow, fat untalented. the only reason he would even be considered is because of his name. he is a tragedy to the roach family. But Rich and Cam Jones will be star players for the Carey 1st's and will go on to play for essendon.

What is everybody's opinion on the MGS 1st XVIII for this year? Who is performing, who's not? Are they genuine premiership contenders? What will the lineup look like?

chooker said:
They play Geelong College down at Geelong. Geelong College will be keen to avenge their loss at the Head of the River yesterday, but won't get anywhere near Scotch.

I woulda thought Jacobs would get the nod, as the B-Train has had a limited pre-season and will be eased into the side. In recent times, the B-Train has had committment and weight issues, lets hope he can overcome these as watching him play our great game is like poetry in motion.

When is this game?

jcats#6 said:
What is everybody's opinion on the MGS 1st XVIII for this year? Who is performing, who's not? Are they genuine premiership contenders? What will the lineup look like?

No, for the sheer fact that they lack hardness.

Hawkins is the key obviously, as fellas like Vance are mentally soft.

Ellis, whilst we all know that he's a fantastic footballer, has proved he is weak minded by not committing to the Hawks! :)

The X Factor said:
No, for the sheer fact that they lack hardness.

Hawkins is the key obviously, as fellas like Vance are mentally soft.

Ellis, whilst we all know that he's a fantastic footballer, has proved he is weak minded by not committing to the Hawks! :)
how is Vance mentally soft mate? Ellis is not weak minded at all he wanted to commit to melbourne grammar and finish school mate. He probably isnt physically ready for afl yet. The mgs team is looking very good and the sheer fact is that they are a hard team you hack. Measures is a absolute superstar and he will be well supported by players like Mclardy,Beaumont,Slade(will slades brother) and Harry Webb who, some would say is the hardest at the ball as they come. so don't write of mgs just yet mate they will hit you harder then ever

macca69 said:

Most likely the B-Train, as Jacobs appears to have a serious knee injury which could sideline him for weeks.

Jacobs has most likely done an anterior-cruciate ligament, meaning a full knee-reconstruction needs to be performed. Shocking news for the guy as he was set for a massive year and was slimming down to his playing weight of 115kg, hence the massive pressure on the ligaments in the knee. Hopefully it is just a medial ligament strain, which would be approx 4-8 weeks. I wait with baited breath.

He came down in a sickening incident on the first day of footy 'camp' on Monday, landing on it awkwardly. This leaves a massive gap in the Scotch spine most likely to be filled by the B-Train, if he can regain his fitness as it has plummeted during cricket season.

Geelong College beat St Josephs in a praccy game last night. But both teams didnt have full teams. Joeys had 2 sides playing one in the 1st half one in the 2nd. College and Joeys were both missing there falcons players, college has 6 falcons and joeys has 12 or more i think also college were missing their rowers.

chooker said:
Jacobs has most likely done an anterior-cruciate ligament, meaning a full knee-reconstruction needs to be performed. Shocking news for the guy as he was set for a massive year and was slimming down to his playing weight of 115kg, hence the massive pressure on the ligaments in the knee. Hopefully it is just a medial ligament strain, which would be approx 4-8 weeks. I wait with baited breath.

He came down in a sickening incident on the first day of footy 'camp' on Monday, landing on it awkwardly. This leaves a massive gap in the Scotch spine most likely to be filled by the B-Train, if he can regain his fitness as it has plummeted during cricket season.

Jacobs played against Wesley on Thursday (although he only played a quater). Scotch outplayed Wesley in the first quater, but then took a few players off at quater time and Wesley were able to come away with a win (60-67 I think the final score was). Both teams had a few players missing, but Scotch definately had more quality players out. Scotch will be there or there abouts at the end of the year and Wesley may surprise a few schools IMO.

macca69 said:
Jacobs played against Wesley on Thursday (although he only played a quater). Scotch outplayed Wesley in the first quater, but then took a few players off at quater time and Wesley were able to come away with a win (60-67 I think the final score was). Both teams had a few players missing, but Scotch definately had more quality players out. Scotch will be there or there abouts at the end of the year and Wesley may surprise a few schools IMO.

Yeah, my sources must of been off re: Jacobs, but he did come off at qtr time looking abit proppy.

I attended the match, fairly lacklusture game. Scotch took off a number of its stars after quarter time where it lead by 6 goals. With Jacobs, Smith and Mead all dominating the 1st quarter then sitting it out. Wesley came back and played quite well in spurts, slowly erasing the Scotch lead. Numbers 4 & 7 for Wesley looked the goods, and i agree Macca that they'll surprise a few this year. And with Scotch easing into the season with its first practice game, with still approx 6 out of the starting 18 not playing yesterday will improve.

my BGS team:

B: Cooney Annis Sargent

HB: Conlan Dawes Stacey

C: Buntz Calder McCowan

HF: Rolls Trivett Graham Bowman

F: Tickell Mc.Smith Dewar

R: Banna Tregear Davis

IC: Burns Pascoe Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

1st XVIII Aps teams for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back