Universal Love 2. Dylan Grimes Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember thinking that when Rance did his ACL we were headed back to being good ol Ninthmond again. Turns out Grimes had other ideas, proceeded to carry out whole backline on his shoulders and the rest is history. Loved watching him play - hard as a cats head too
If I remember correctly, the next game or two after the Rance ACL was tough and Grimes didn’t actually perform that well. And we all thought we were stuffed. BUT he dug deep and TURNED IT AROUND because he has massive cahoonas!!

Unquestionable unflinching commitment to the team & RFC. One of my absolute favourites in the modern era….. deserves every accolade. Congratulations Dylan all the very best in all that you do post footy!!

Listening to all the retirement speeches this week just shows what dedication players need. Dylan no less than anyone. And it's amazing how people will repay you in spades if you show faith in them when they need it most.

A deserving Captain of the club. His 2019 was phenomenal for what he was able to do after Rance went down. He was a great player before that but he lifted and became even better. What a champion.

Listening to all the retirement speeches this week just shows what dedication players need. Dylan no less than anyone. And it's amazing how people will repay you in spades if you show faith in them when they need it most.

A deserving Captain of the club. His 2019 was phenomenal for what he was able to do after Rance went down. He was a great player before that but he lifted and became even better. What a champion.

Yeah, he was a champion, is a champion and to do what he did overcoming his injuries then holding us together after Rance was not there, amazing and such a big heart!!

A great of our footy club and a little quite achiever that will never be forgotten and surprised a few outside I think.

One could depend on Dylan, so reliable

This photo makes me want to cry.

View attachment 2087193
Privileged to see a fair bit of the 2017 finals including the GF and 2019 live. Hard not to get caught up in it.

Two players stood out apart from Dusty, Cotchin and Grimes - only ever got to see them live a few times but geez what the did without the ball was truly inspiring.

Celebrate them long and hard. They were up there with the best of there type across any age 👍.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 2. Dylan Grimes Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back