Delisted #2: Ricky Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2. Ricky Dyson

That was a really interesting read, actually.

Top 10:

1. Cyril Rioli
  2. Shannon Hurn
  3. Josh Drummond
  4. Colin Sylvia
  5. Andrew Lovett
  6. Nick Stevens
  7. Ash McGrah
  8. Ricky Dyson
  9. Joel Bowden
  10. Courtenay Dempsey

Hopfully last year was just the beginning.

I have been waiting for this guy to get the opportunity and repay the faith for years now.

I like the idea of him in a tagging type role off half back or in the midfield. Like Monfries, he seems to drift a fair bit and fall in and out of games. Dyson is probably not a prolific ball winner but he does have the running game to go with most. Add some weight to his frame and he will be a pretty good package.​

Ricky Dyson Profile :thumbsu:

Essendon+Bombers+Training+Session+7fOZddBnrJ1m.jpg

Born: 28/09/1985 Games: 87

Height: 184 cm
Goals: 39
Weight: 82 kg

Guernsey No.= #2

Recruited from: Epping/Northern Knights.
Draft History: 2003 National AFL Draft 3rd round selection (Essendon) No. 44 overall.

AFL debut: 2004 Essendon debut: 2004 Total AFL Games: 87 Total EFC Games: 87 Total Goals: 39

EFC Profile:
Ricky Dyson is a fast midfielder who likes to run and carry the ball. He has a booming left-foot and can also play forward. Ricky was a member of the AIS-AFL Academy in 2002 and All-Australian at U18 level in 2003, and is also known for his strong work ethic and leadership skills.

YEAR 2009
GAMES 23
KICKS 266
HANDBALLS 170
MARKS 79
GOALS 8
BROWNLOW VOTES 0

news_imagesize.asp

Dream Team- 09 avg. 70.5 $309,600
Supercoach- 09 avg. 73.3 $389,200

2010 preview:

After playing every game in a variety of roles last season, Dyson was recognised as the club’s most improved player. Was given extended opportunities by the coaching staff and rewarded their faith by finishing first in long kicks (73) as well as racking up 201 handball receives and pumping the ball inside 50 on 84 occasions. The 24-year-old will be looking to back up his effort in 2010.

Info from-
www.essendonfc.com.au
Fan Footy

Last night against the Cats....

Kicks- 10
Handballs-4
Marks-6
Tackles-4
Free kicks for-1
Goals-0

Was pretty ordinary last night Dyson... with McVeigh to come back into the side and with Howlett having such a strong debut... Ricky may find himself back at Bendigo next week.

Believe it or not, Dyson has the second best disposal efficiency in our team. Howlett had the worst.

He was back to his bad ways. Missing targets and not imposing himself on the game.

He got chased down by Selwood and for a guy that is supposed to have pace how the hell did he lose that contest.
1. look at skeeta's post

2. Selwood is f***ing fast, and pretty much all of our players got run down at some point last night

Keep developing him down back - he was far from the worst last night. Have we reverted back to Dyson being the whipping boy since Stanton was so good?

1. look at skeeta's post

2. Selwood is f***ing fast, and pretty much all of our players got run down at some point last night

Dyson had 4 clangers, second most in our side and only got it 14 times. He only had 1 contested possession. He goes missing when the big boys come to play too often.

Selwood is not quick and he's never been known as a quick player. Not sure where you get your info from but it's not right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood is no Watson.

As for Clangers; Watson - 5, Dempsey - 4, Neagle - 4, Pears - 3. Dyson isn't the only one.

Last night wasn't one of Dyson's best, but considering he was doing a tagging role on one of the strongest bodies in the AFL, you can't be too hard on him.

Like every other player in the team, don't judge them on one night, but judge them on four or five. I'm a big Dyson fan, but if he has 4 more games like this, he'll be dropped.

Believe it or not, Dyson has the second best disposal efficiency in our team. Howlett had the worst.

Disposal efficiency is one of the most flawed stats in football.

A 60 metre bullet pass that get's dropped by an incompetent teammate is inefficient whilst a hospital handball or a behind kicked while alone in the goal square is efficient.

He had a bad game, as a positive though he didn't get completely brushed off when tackling so he has obviouisly gotten a bit stronger or improved the way he tackles.

All stats are flawed, it never really shows how good a player is. Eg: Presti.

Stats don't show 1%ers, nor the ability a player has at holding someone else out of the game.

That's definitely true, as a sidenote though Selwood was in Geelongs top 3 players, so he didn't do too well in holding the other person out of the game either.

He had his best year last year easily, but I still think he has a bit to go before he can be classed as a B grade mid. And it has to happen this year otherwise guys like melksham myers howlett zaha prismall are going to overtake him like Watson and Stanton have...

I thought I heard during the middle of the game that he'd gained the most metres for us, followed by Stanton. It makes sense to me, he plays the most direct, and is important in stopping the midfield hot potato we sometimes devolve into. That's exactly what you want from an outside midfielder, someone to use their pace and kicking to go from a clearance to an inside 50, and it's why I'd keep him in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #2: Ricky Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back