Senior 2. Zach Tuohy (2017 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuohy will be very handy in your side.

He's like Ruggles but 40% better in every aspect, particularly his kicking which is a thing of beauty.

Anyone on your board still hold out hope for smedts being any good? What happened to him? I remember ppl saying he was the best school footy player ever seen??

Tuohy will be very handy in your side.

He's like Ruggles but 40% better in every aspect, particularly his kicking which is a thing of beauty.

Anyone on your board still hold out hope for smedts being any good? What happened to him? I remember ppl saying he was the best school footy player ever seen??
He's got good vision and kicking ability obviously he's had injuries which have hampered his career but he also gets a bit lost sometimes in games. He plays best as a forward or midfield but his body doesn't allow him to play as much through the midfield. He had shoulder injuries that meant he hasn't put on much muscle there he needs to be given clear roles and instructions and keep his game simple.

As The Old Dark Navy's says, he's still underrated at Carlton - don't think he will be any longer - gonna leave a pretty big hole I reckon, although if we have strength on any line it's down back - one other thing - pencil him in for getting caught with the ball at least once a game - not cause he's slow just has a habit of getting ahead of himself every now and then - small price to pay for a flawless character and nut-hard backman with a rocket launcher boot.
Don't worry if you are looking for a player that gets caught witht the ball often you've got one in Smedts

If he can stay on the park he'll prove his talent either forward or back. He was just unfortunate to be the fourth least lucky player on our list.

I wish him all the best but there has been no indication that he'll prove his talent if he's played in the backline. I hope he does but he was completely at sea playing there for Geelong.

He's got good vision and kicking ability obviously he's had injuries which have hampered his career but he also gets a bit lost sometimes in games. He plays best as a forward or midfield but his body doesn't allow him to play as much through the midfield. He had shoulder injuries that meant he hasn't put on much muscle there he needs to be given clear roles and instructions and keep his game simple.
sounds like a special needs kiddie

Beats our former strategy of recruiting broken down 30 year olds. With recent trading the age profile of the list is much healthier than it was 2012-2015.

As for Touhy, fills a need. Losing Boris hurts us no matter what, but Thurlow and Touhy in for Enright and Mackie/extra tall squares things up a bit.

Only four more players to poach before we have our dream team Carlton backline.
Have we ever recruited a 30 year old?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without a doubt, GFC, you have smashed this trade. I am sooo going to miss ZT. Just a heads up he loves to receive a handball from someones HF mark on the run 60-65 out ..... what a boot on him, its borderline lethal.

Look after our little Irish Fella, great culture, great work ethic, hard as nails.

I'm pretty pleased with this acquisition, Tuohy has a nice combination of skill and hardness and will be a very handy addition to our backline.

With Tuohy coming in and Jackson Thurlow presumably overcoming his knee injury to return to the senior side, we should see a defense that is better able to rebound and set up attack with good foot skills in 2017.
Get the ball into the hands of these two as much as possible!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back