Collingwood 11.13.79 def by. Essendon 17.10.112

Round 8:
Adelaide 12.12.84 def by. Essendon 20.15.135

Round 18:
Essendon 18.11.119 def. Port Adelaide 11.13.79

Round 20:
Essendon 18.13.121 def. Collingwood 13.9.87

I've forgotten about Round 19. ;)

i'll do a more detailed assessment of my favourite games later, but by far the best isolated incident was the essendon vs hawthorn brawl.

VAN. DEN. BERG!

MOJOE said:
Knocking out the Dees... now I know how Carlton felt when they knocked us out in 1999. It was awesome!!!
let me assure you, essendon will never know that feeling, because essendon can't beat essendon.

you know the feeling a bit more similar to perhaps hawthorn knocking out port in 2001 or geelong knocking out carlton in 1994.

Eric Stratton said:
25 September 2004

Michael Voss saying "you little beauty" for the 4th time, with TWO medallions around his neck

Can only hope, but I'd be happier to see him smiling and talking about next week late on Saturday night. I want to get there before I talk like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashley Sampi's mark
Daniel Wells goal
St Kilda's first half
Fraser Gehrig's bags of goals
Nick Riewoldt's season
Collingwood not making the finals :mad:
Jonathan Brown get out of free jail card
Ben Kinnear's goal v Carlton, rnd 7
Ben Kinnears set shot v Port, rnd 6 :D
"the best $20,000 ever spent"
Chris Judd
David Teague's courage

Homer said:
I have a sad feeling he may a Stopeedie type. They are not the type we like, we wish to have nothing to do with arrogance like that.

Three in a row... probably four... I think you can afford yourself a little bit of arrogance. What's the point of being on top if you don't look down on everyone else.

NorthBoi96 said:
Ted, it was Geelong knocking out North Melbourne in 1994. :(
no i was comparing essendon vs melbourne to the geelong vs carlton semi of 1994.

but on reflection that's not quite accurate. essendon vs melbourne was almost a clone of adelaide knocking out melbourne in 2002, only the margain was less than a goal.

Joffaboy said:
Terry Danihers forward line coaching at the Saints.

Fantastic Effort.

The same man who coached Collingwood's forward line last year when they finished 2nd on the ladder? And was sacked by Mick after the Grand Final?

Amazing isn't it...

Homer said:
I have a sad feeling he may a Stopeedie type. They are not the type we like, we wish to have nothing to do with arrogance like that.

Not arrogance. Optimism.

Arrogance would be if i had made disparaging or disrespectful remarks about opposition teams or players (which i do not do).

Perhaps the Friday mood got the better of me. Please don't tar me with the same brush as stopeedie.

Lonie_from_50 said:
Ashley Sampi's mark
Daniel Wells goal
St Kilda's first half
Fraser Gehrig's bags of goals
Nick Riewoldt's season
Collingwood not making the finals :mad:
Jonathan Brown get out of free jail card
Ben Kinnear's goal v Carlton, rnd 7
Ben Kinnears set shot v Port, rnd 6 :D
"the best $20,000 ever spent"
Chris Judd
David Teague's courage

Geelong season improvement.
That Brawl :D I dont care what anyone says, I loved it!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

2004 Season Highlights thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back