2005 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

For the 3rd year in a row we are playing only 1 game, an Away game v Essendon at The Dome - which creates very limited opportunity for our supporters to attend. Three years straight is a bit much - this year it should have been our home game, which probably would have been a sellout.

Would've preferred more Friday night games, more games at the MCG, and less games on Sunday.

Back to back visits to Adelaide is very strange.

I wouldn't take too much notice of the sides that we've drawn. At the start of 2004, games against Geelong and Melbourne would've been considered to be easy whilst games against Fremantle and Collingwood would have been put into the more difficult category. The main issue for us are venues and when the games are played.

I agree leroy16 its about that it was a north home game against essendon another year and they get another ticketed game sucks for north melbourne fans and members or at least play the game at the MCG where more people can show and you dont have to pay to reserve a seat :(

Shinboners said:
At the start of 2004, games against Geelong and Melbourne would've been considered to be easy whilst games against Fremantle and Collingwood would have been put into the more difficult category.

Unfortunately it looks like our Collingwood games can be circled as losses these days...

I guess they want us to own Adelaide.. as for the travel thing- least its not a long flight- we could just stay up there the whole week.. go up before the Adelaide game.. and go back after the Port game.. good chance for the boys to change routine a little.

And if anybody wants a week off work, you know when to have it.

11 Sunday games.. truly pathetic.. more friday night games is what we should have- bastards.

Travel everywhere bar Tassie.. Subiaco again :mad:

Go Roos

Re: 2005 BS Fixture

Shinboners said:
Um....I think Laidley said some nasty things about St.Kilda and the river of tears still hasn't stopped flowing from Moorabbin.

That qualifies for rivals eh? I think Starboy has given us the real answer and it's another backhander to North :mad:

Once again the incompetance and inconsistancies of the AFL have reared thier ugly heads!! How can we play Essendon ONCE for FOUR F***** YEARS in a row ??? Explain ?? Absolutely F****** BS !! no system ...the AFL have exposed themselves AGAIN !! :mad: :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shinboners said:
you know the AFL - if they can't explain something, they just ignore it.

I can't tell you how much that irritates me...whether it's the AFL or anyone else...mostly it's a 'so-called professional organisation or person' who is always profiting from these 'gutless / spineless' situations.

:mad: losing faith has alot to do with 'principals' ...not that the AFL have an iota know what 'principals' are ? Just can't wait for more 'balls-ups' to occur.... the AFL have a overwelming reputation for poor communications.

Demetriou is a dud, after all the handouts St Kilda got under Oakleigh and the interstate clubs under Jackson I was hoping to see some serious bias in our favour. Disappointed. :p

Shinboners said:
Um....I think Laidley said some nasty things about St.Kilda and the river of tears still hasn't stopped flowing from Moorabbin.

Yes, the truth is often bitter.

St Kilda reminds me of a prostitute living it up and being snappy when reminded that she is just a .......

They milked the system, they got a lot out of it, they are just in denial why they are where they are today.

Saints sunk to all-time lows in their attempt to secure as many concessions as possible in a short period of time, including the mid-season dumping of Cappuano just to elevate a rookie.

They seem to expect some kind of respect for using and abusing the system, not in my lifetime.

Absolutely bent over once agiain. But hey, whats new?

Games in Melbourne: 3 Fri, 5 Sat, 6 Sun. Sunday Games SUCK!!!!! I FREAKEN HATE SUNDAY GAMES!!! #$%@^$!!!!

5 interstate trips & a trip down the Highway to Geelong. Most teams who cant travel for $HIT (like Essendon) would pencil in 6 losses before The fist ball is even bounced.

Once again we only play Essendon once this year. For the 3rd year in a row it is their home game at the Telstra Dome, which provides extremely limited opportunity for our supporters to get a ticket. If the AFL want to persist in us playing the bombers once a year (has been the case most years for a decade) than alternate who gets the home game.

Yep we are playing everywhere next year, but look at it from my point of view.

I am putting my house on the market tommorrow, and fingers crossed i will be in Melbourne before the end of the year, and me seeing more than 1 game every year like i do over here in Perth is going to be brilliant.

PS So who runs our BF grog squad in Melbourne during the season then?

Wet toast on a friday night is a disaster.
It doesn't matter how many turn up, only a small percentage of the crowd will be paying customers. What a waste of a friday night. The only positive would be if we thrashed them on national TV.

As for the essenscum game, I refuse to go to a ticketed game and give my hard earned to those scumbags.

NorthBoi96 said:
Here's from an off field financial point of view in terms of crowds for 2005. HOME GAMES:

Saturday 26th March
Kangaroos vs. Carlton at Telstra Dome: Should draw well, expect minimum of 42K.

ROUND 2
Saturday, 2nd April
Kangaroos vs. Sydney at Manuka Oval: Sell Out at Manuka, 14.5K

ROUND 4
Friday, 15th April
Kangaroos vs. Collingwood at M.C.G. (Night): Our One huge chance! Hopefully 50K+

ROUND 5 (Anzac Day)
Saturday, 23rd April
Kangaroos vs. Hawthorn at M.C.G. Generally Draw well, when playing well. Around 35K

ROUND 8
Saturday, 14th May
Kangaroos vs. Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome (Night) If playing well around 30K, if Not around 25K.. Will be a very much Pro- North Crowd.

ROUND 11
Sunday, 5th June
Kangaroos vs. Melbourne at Manuka Oval (Early Start): Hrmmm Not sure why we're playing Melbourne there... Lucky to draw 10K

ROUND 12 (Queens Birthday)
Sunday, 12th June
Kangaroos vs. Richmond at Telstra Dome. Sunday Match, somewhere around 35K

ROUND 15
Friday, 8th July
Kangaroos vs. West Coast at Telstra Dome (Night) Another HUGE chance to stamp our authority. if we can't draw 28K to this match, we don't deserve them. Simple! 30K

ROUND 17
Sunday, 24th July
Kangaroos vs. Adelaide at Telstra Dome... Tough slot... Pushing 30K if playing well.
ROUND 18

Sunday, 31st July
Kangaroos vs. Port Adelaide at Manuka Oval (Early Start) Lucky to pull 10K.

ROUND 20 (Heritage Round)
Saturday, 13th August
Kangaroos vs. St. Kilda at Telstra Dome, Hopefully same turn out as this year, 42K+

All in all if things go our way in terms of on field success, we really should do well in terms of off field financial matters... Attendances etc...

A Profit is certainly not our of the question.

it is bull******** when are the afl going to give us a break i mean come on 2 games in adelide in consecutive weeks give us a break.and how many sunday games do they want to give us.and only 2 friday night games when last year we beat essendon on a friday night so that we can get more big games and they still dont give them to us.

In all honesty, we are going to have to fill Telstra Dome ourselves on the 8th of July vs West Coast.
They have around 50 fans in Melbourne. It will be shocking if there is less than 28,000.
If we get 32,000+ i wont stop smiling!

u guys may have already realised this but with not making the eight.....the AFL give us the raw end of the stick on that one......even though we started those great friday night games and had them taken from us.....once we make the eight or even better we will get those games on friday nights back.....eg: the saints and the cats got the friday games and more of them than north due to there side improvements over recent yrs in making the eight and playing good footy in the finals..

Remove this Banner Ad

2005 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back