jezza

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2004
Slobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Edgehead
Draft is underway, RAW has had their number 1 pick and guess who....

John Cena

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/2005draftnew1_0516.jsp

The 2005 WWE Draft Lottery

The 2005 WWE Draft Lottery has kicked off in a major way, as the WWE Champion John Cena was the first Superstar selected. As a result, Cena is now a member of the RAW roster. Use the below scorecard to follow the month-long Draft Lottery:

June 6: RAW selects John Cena
June 9: SmackDown! selects TBD

June 13: RAW selects TBD
June 16: SmackDown! selects TBD

June 20: RAW selects TBD
June 23: SmackDown! selects TBD

June 27: RAW selects TBD (two picks)
June 30: SmackDown! selects TBD (two picks)

Keep in mind that all picks will be drawn at random. RAW will draw from the SmackDown! roster. SmackDown! will draw from the RAW roster.

All RAW & SmackDown! Superstars can be drafted, including Champions, Divas, announcers and general managers. Everyone is eligible to be drafted.

General Managers are allowed to trade until Midnight on June 30th.

note from RAW:
Bischoff explained that if either Batista or Triple H happened to be drafted, the Hell In a Cell match would still take place

so I guess if they wanted to, they could have SD go without a World Champ until the Vengeance PPV at the end of the month, or have one of HHH/Batista drafted in the meantime.

another spoiler look away if dont want to see..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Chris benoit was drafted to smackdown

Cleavy said:
wonder if that makes him the superstar who has swapped brands the most?
Yep, he was already the most swapped wrestler before his latest move.

Drafted to SD --> Shows up on Raw for no reason (around May/June 2002) --> Defects to SD (With Eddie Guerrero) --> Back on Raw after the 2004 Royal Rumble --> Returns back to SD.

Don't mind the move, he's been stagnant on Raw lately and will have more chance of holding the championship on Smackdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think HBK will go to smackdown, continuing to feud with Angle, whilst Benoit will feud with JBL for a bit before moving on to a new feud with Guerrero. And then eventually a full Benoit v HBK feud which would be awesome.

Undertaker and Kane will probably swap, and i can see Batista moving after Vengeance, as well as Regal.

at the moment it looks like batista will be drafted or traded to smackdown and he will defeat triple h at vengeance and take the title to smackdown its just a swap of champions its smart becuase batista triple h is starting to get a bit boring.

Cleavy said:
*nods* the real world title (although it's somewhat difficult to say that with the belt all blinged out and everything)
I hope raw gets the dead man, so him and kane can start a tag team again, and maybe get some old wwe wrestlers back, like Jeff Hardy,Nathan Jones.And bring Sting in aswell

with this draft im hoping more for the wwe to fix up the tag team division. here's what they should do, put all the tag teams on one show, merge the titles and then finally you would have a tag team division worth watching. A tag team division with the likes of MNM, The Heart Throbs, Hurricane and Rosey and the Bashams. Makes for a more exciting match than MNM versus Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas :(

Roo Ted said:
maybe get some old wwe wrestlers back, like Jeff Hardy,Nathan Jones.And bring Sting in aswell

Hardy works for TNA. Jones is ********ing useless. And Sting's christian beliefs won't allow him to work for WWE.

re: tag teams. Just call up the new Thrillseekers from OVW already and have them fued with MNM. :)

My predictions are
Conway and Dupree will swap for one of the more minor changes. Kane and Angle will swap - i can see Taker and Kane teaming up for possibly the last time, maybe even a feud if Taker turns heel. HBK will stay at Raw. Batista will swap but i dont know who will go to Raw in his place, maybe Carlito so there can be some friction between him and Steve Austin.

I would like to see Edge and Christian go to sd to start a feud with mnm. Then bring back the Dudleys to have a WWE vs ECW TLC match for old times sake. Miss the days when it was E&C vs The Hardyz vs The Dudleys in tag team titles.

Remove this Banner Ad

2005 WWE Draft - Spoiler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back