Scarbrough Eagles
who will go at the end of 07?

my opinion

mcmanus
cook
parker
walker
campbell
murphy (will ask to be traded so we will trade reluctantly)
Webster
browne
bell (will retire, devestated)

thats a lot of players i believe will be in the gun, maybe more rookies will be elevated next year

who will go at the end of 07?

my opinion

mcmanus
cook
parker
walker
campbell
murphy (will ask to be traded so we will trade reluctantly)
Webster
browne
bell (will retire, devestated)

thats a lot of players i believe will be in the gun, maybe more rookies will be elevated next year

Browne was playing so well in pre-season, would hate to see him just get cut. Cambell did nothing wrong at senior level, Webster played 80% 'good' games while he was in the side.

mcmanus - Is a chance of staying on
cook - Certainty to leave
parker - Certainty to leave
walker - Delisted maybe?
campbell - No, he has a future
murphy (will ask to be traded so we will trade reluctantly) - I dont think he will be asked
Webster - Trade/Delist
browne - Retire probably lol Nah, he will stay
bell (will retire, devestated) - Certainty to leave:(

I agree on browne i think he has a lot of potential, however he hasnt shown the ability to stay injury free. i think he will be like daniel haines, a player which has a hell of a lot to offer, but injuries stop him from ever showing it. if murphy goes i think campbell will get one more week, if murphy stays campbell will go.
i think webster out of the lot, murphy excluded is the player most likely to stay.

Murphy and Webster to stay on. To trade or delist will be very stupid.

Browne- Pending on Bell if he retires Browne will stay if Bell stays Browne will go.

Campbell traded
Thornton another to be traded

Parker- GONE
Walker-GONE
Macmannus- GONE
Cook-GONE

also on the list pending on injury
Haddrill
Longmuir.
if they come good then keep. if not go.

Mcmanus - May stay on, should retire (out of contract)
Cook - Retire
Parker - Retire
Walker - Re-sign (1 year contract)
Campbell - Re-Sign (2 year contract)
Murphy - Is signed up until the end of 2008
Webster - Re-Sign (1 year contract)
Browne - Delist
Bell -Retire

With Walker I'm not fussed if he's retained or not, but we need experienced depth players as well as youngsters on our list.

Just a quick comment on Browne, I agree he has some talent, but he's never going to be great. I'd much rather see more opportunities given to the likes of Ibbotson, Foster, Collard & Dunn (hopefully). The reality is Browne is 24 next season, he's highly injury prone, he's short (only 174cm) and very replaceable.

I also think Copping is in trouble as is Rumble.

If i had my way

Bye bye;
Longmuir
Parker
Cook
McManus
Hadrill
Walker
Browne

Trade
Murphy (Has good value - Campbell is the backup tall forward)

Keep as Depth
Dunn
Webster

Bell needs to play one more year

We must draft
1 Ruckman
1 Key Backman
4 or 5 midfielders

The worst case scenarios is that one of Murphy/Campbel will be traded at most. They wont get rid of both. Webster will stay, Bell is 50/50, and much to the disgust of some on here I have a good feeling that McManus will stay on for another year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't understand the lack of respect for Scotty too Hotty.

The bloke is a real weapon and just about the perfect utility.

He is tall enough to cover a key position and has the pace of a midfielder.

He won't be going anywhere IMO.

If we lose him we will deserve every bit of flak we would get. The guy runs down the guts delivers then finds his man like a blood hound.

On another note, i'm glad Happy may have ducked a bullet. He is probably going to be someone who will be a back to the future player. When we had ruck/rovers he is about re invent the position. He is still a few years away hitting his peak but when he does i'll dig up all the posts that caned him. :cool:

Not football smart. Gets constantly beaten by opppenents and sells his team mates into trouble with 99% of his disposals.

Even Healy was good enough to say the bloke is a good player, he totally gives his all (putting aside a few costly clangers but honestly most defenders are prone to the odd malfunctions) and if anyone want him delisted then they are not even a footy spectator's sunnies cause the bloke gives 100% win loose or draw i for one would be gutted to see a player like Scotty gone cause i would love to death to be cheering on his 200th

Scott Thornton is one of my favourite players, or as I like to call him
8121wi1.jpg

Thornton always gives 100% and is a good runner, but he's prone to giving his player a nice push in the back when he's beaten. I still like him though.

Good to see there is no more talk of ditching Gilmore, he's stepped up this last month.

I thought bell was still contracted next year? Does this mean nothing if he retires?

It means we are f***ed. Longmuir and Bell would be on about $800,000 between them in the salary cap next year. That's a lot of money for a couple of blokes who look more and more likely not to be available for selection. If they were both out of contract we could delist them both (assuming they don't want to go on) along with Walker and Cook, and take 4 picks in the draft while retaining Browne. If Longmuir and Bell pull the pin they will be on our list next year which is bad news for Browne and possibly Webster too.

Thornton always gives 100% and is a good runner, but he's prone to giving his player a nice push in the back when he's beaten. I still like him though.

Good to see there is no more talk of ditching Gilmore, he's stepped up this last month.

The Great Scott Thornton...The GST. Always with that extra 10%.

Gilmore is fast becoming a sensational big bodied, quick midfielder. I never thought I would say this, but he could be something special.

Remove this Banner Ad

2007 departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back