2008 NAB Cup jumper ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Mine arrived yesterday.. Pretty happy with it! Good work by the club to get it in the post so it arrives the day after ordering, the club's always been good on processing, Ive never had to wait more then a few days..

HawkPreSeasonJumpers.jpg

I think it stacks up well against these past jumpers!

HawkPre2008.jpg

I designed this jumper back in December. The new one is kinda similar. I think they did a good job!

Great work, T**ty. Quality post with lots of thought.

:D
hawthorn-clashgold.gif

... No, No. edited today

This is the one that was actually submitted months ago.
h7f.jpg

Not Quite.
What I did get correct though was the change in collar design which I predicted would be changed to the PUMA t-shirt shape.
Anyway, I do hope that these colours are used one day, whatever the design, to get maximum benefit from our unique club colours. I reckon the current green with gold australian cricket one day uniform looks very neat and it seems to be selling well too.
I would definitely spend money on that one.
10 x better than our new one. Understated, yet bold and mean.
Kids love the metallic gold, like (as mentioned ) on the aussie cricket shirt.
Unfortunately though they pay a shed load of money to some designer whom they have to believe in because they have paid them a shed load of money.
Looking at T**ty Mc's post it is bleedingly obvious that over the years we have wasted a truckload and been very poorly advised.
The only one of those that looks any good (gold v) is a remake of a jumper we wore over 70 years ago!!!!

I must say guys! I love the look of the new jumper, it's just a shame that we are only going to be wearing once in the regular season agaist West Coast in round 21

Im going to be picking mine up today from the club, can't wait to put it on.

I dont know why everyone is complaining about all the white on the gurnsey? Its a dam clash gurnsey? Why would we keep the same colours for the majority of the gurnsey? Thus why our gurnsey, and teams like Carlton, and Bulldogs wear predominatly white

Talking perfect sense Roughie, i made the same comment about 3 pages ago but no one seemed to pick up on the bleeding obvious. Sure some other posters designs may look better, but white seems a pretty essential element of a clash jumper these days.

I dont know why everyone is complaining about all the white on the gurnsey? Its a dam clash gurnsey? Why would we keep the same colours for the majority of the gurnsey? Thus why our gurnsey, and teams like Carlton, and Bulldogs wear predominatly white

Our gold clashes with West Coast's gold, blue and white so we wear white. :rolleyes:

We don't need white in our clash jumper because we do not have a problem with a dark colour causing a clash. Our clash is the light colour - gold - which we are replacing with another light colour - white - which the other team uses anyway. Makes little sense to me.

On the positive side the good thing about this fashion white top is that fashions go out of style so we won't have to see it for long. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our gold clashes with West Coast's gold, blue and white so we wear white. :rolleyes:

I never said we clashed with West Coast, thats an AFL/Hawthorn/West Coast Decision. But to say our clash gurnsey and their home gurnsey will clash because they both have white, is ridiculous to suggest.

HomeGuernseySSThumb1.jpg

And

burnie_clash430.jpg

Come on now? Maybe your just against the idea of clash gurnseys. It is more for marketing then anything, kids will go bananas for it!

Come on now? Maybe your just against the idea of clash gurnseys. It is more for marketing then anything, kids will go bananas for it!

Yeah I just don't like the colour. I thought we could have a decent clash guernsey using brown. Maybe we can, maybe we can't. It's not a bad design the current one, colour excepted for mine. I hope the kids like it and more importantly I hope it helps bring in more supporters.

I'll be buying a clash jumper for certain!! doesn't matter to me as long as we win ball games. tis not about looking good tis bout performing well. anyway i think we'll look good and perform well so we wont have to worry then.
Anyway are we the last team to switch to a clash jumper??

I'll be buying a clash jumper for certain!! doesn't matter to me as long as we win ball games. tis not about looking good tis bout performing well. anyway i think we'll look good and perform well so we wont have to worry then.
Anyway are we the last team to switch to a clash jumper??

No, Sydney are also listed as not having a jumper clash with another team, and don't have an alternate.

As of 2007, all clubs had two uniforms, one Light, the other Dark.
Hawthorn's Dark uniform for 2007 was the Brown jumper Gold vee.
The Home uniform is the Light uniform.

It is supposed to be worn with White shorts. (Like Geelong on GF Day)
But some people can't get past the now out-dated traditions of teams wearing a certain colour shorts at Home.

As a rule, (collingwood excluded) its usually the away team that wears the clash strip, so itll most likely be worn with white shorts. Eg. the round 21 away game Vs WC. if we were at home i doubt wed be wearing it that game

bought mine today , they maybe sold out by family day as having trouble getting more there is a shipment due in march and brett is trying to get it moved forwards so there are plenty for family day .

i love it

To be honest, I love this new jumper. I wasn't quite sure initially, but it looks forceful and has a presence about it.

Possibly a little bit too much like a training jumper (due to the white), but I can't wait to see it during the NAB.

meh..I dont really like it. Thankgod it was only for the NAB Cup. If I remember correctly we are wearing it again in Round 20..i think..when we verse West Coast. Thats what I heard.

OK, call me old fashioned. I really like (adore) our brown and gold striped jumper. It is unique, immediately identifiable and does not clash with any other AFL club. The (clash) jumper illustrated in this thread is predictably over designed. Might be good for cleaning floors and bathrooms.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 NAB Cup jumper ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back