NFL 2008 NFL Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course there are always rumours flying around left right and centre (especially involving Dallas), but the talk of Pacman being traded to Dallas has heated up a bit lately, and this is one deal I have a strong feeling about that Pacman will end up here. Talk is of a mid-to-late round pick (conditional!). Jerry didn't hesitate in bringing in TO and Tank, although Pac is ten times the risk...

Steelers signed up C Justin Hartwig from Panthers after he was drafted by Titans in 2002.

Also Chris Kemoeatu (Faneca understudy) will compete for OG Alan Faneca's position.

Also Steelers to play Bills in Toronto as a pre-season game.

Niners got their 5th pick taken away from them by the NFL for tampering in the Lance Briggs (Bears) case.

Goodell also said the teams will switch picks in the third round of the April 26-27 draft. Chicago, which had the 12th pick, will get San Francisco’s seventh pick and the 49ers will get Chicago’s choice.

This kind of decision could have quite a number of teams worried. If you look at all the free-agent signings a couple of minutes after free-agency opened, then how would it be possible to arrange such a deal without tampering.

Asante Samuel was reportedly signed within minutes of the free-agent signing period starting. How a team and player could agree on a $57 million deal such a Samuel's without contact being made outside the free-agent signing period is beyond me.

It's a strange one.

I really don't see why the Bears should get any compensation.

I tend to agree, and its nothing to do with NFC North rivalries, Briggs is still at the Bears, having just re-signed. The Bears didn't lose anything, but get their 3rd rounder upgraded....

This kind of decision could have quite a number of teams worried. If you look at all the free-agent signings a couple of minutes after free-agency opened, then how would it be possible to arrange such a deal without tampering.

Asante Samuel was reportedly signed within minutes of the free-agent signing period starting. How a team and player could agree on a $57 million deal such a Samuel's without contact being made outside the free-agent signing period is beyond me.

I agree with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denver apparently interested in 34yo kicker Olindo Mare, whom I think JeffDunne labelled as a dud in New Orleans last year. Still can't quite work out what was going on with the Elam deal.

I slightly bigger story coming out of Denver is the news that Brandon Marshall is going to be out for at least 3 months after putting his arm through a TV. Cut the sh ite out of his nerves, tendons etc which is definitely bad news, who knows if he'll get full feeling and movement back this year. Still not convinced this is what really happened, as this guy can be quite a clown so who knows?

I slightly bigger story coming out of Denver is the news that Brandon Marshall is going to be out for at least 3 months after putting his arm through a TV. Cut the sh ite out of his nerves, tendons etc which is definitely bad news, who knows if he'll get full feeling and movement back this year. Still not convinced this is what really happened, as this guy can be quite a clown so who knows?

Yeah what a bizarre story.He says he fell right?

Denver apparently interested in 34yo kicker Olindo Mare, whom I think JeffDunne labelled as a dud in New Orleans last year. Still can't quite work out what was going on with the Elam deal.

He was shocking kicking FG's last year but was excellent on kickoffs.

He's got one of the best legs in the game (possibly the best) but the last 2 seasons he's been woefully inaccurate kicking FG's.

On the Marshall one, didn't he trip over Macca's bags and fall into the TV?

Potential lawsuit? :p

He was shocking kicking FG's last year but was excellent on kickoffs.

He's got one of the best legs in the game (possibly the best) but the last 2 seasons he's been woefully inaccurate kicking FG's.

On the Marshall one, didn't he trip over Macca's bags and fall into the TV?

Potential lawsuit? :p

I think everyone knows the Macca's bag story is complete BS. Story was that he was wrestling around with some of his homies...

I think everyone knows the Macca's bag story is complete BS. Story was that he was wrestling around with some of his homies...
That's what I heard as well. Don't really care how it happened though, I just hope that he's back to 100% by Week 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2008 NFL Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back