2009 Melbourne Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

im going with...PRECEDENCE, all the way back in...august..only! wow it is so close again! cant wait:thumbsu: but yeah precedence, not many know about yet but it's bart cummings and the horse can go the journey i reckon. keep an eye out for it

im going with...PRECEDENCE, all the way back in...august..only! wow it is so close again! cant wait:thumbsu: but yeah precedence, not many know about yet but it's bart cummings and the horse can go the journey i reckon. keep an eye out for it

Saw its last win.....massive. Bit like Lonhro in the Australian Cup, ran into all sorts of trouble at the turn, ended up getting a run and brained them. I made a mental note of it that day and the fact its a JBC horse got me a touch excited. :thumbsu:

Incredibly brave of the TAB to put this horse up at a massive $21
In August........

seth

Sarcasm :)

It's a promising horse. I remember after seeing that win others have spoken about, everyone wanted to tip it to you for the Cups and he was stiff not to win the St Leger. But still... it's the St Leger :| Have to respect it just on the back of being Bart's - but $21 in August for a race in November is a joke.

Sarcasm :)

It's a promising horse. I remember after seeing that win others have spoken about, everyone wanted to tip it to you for the Cups and he was stiff not to win the St Leger. But still... it's the St Leger :| Have to respect it just on the back of being Bart's - but $21 in August for a race in November is a joke.

Inkster won the St Leger in 2008 where's the $ 21 for her in the cup :confused: :p

Seriously it was only the St Leger and remember eye catching runner from that race The Zeustar couldn't beat the hurdlers last week at Sandown. Most of the good distance horses would have been in Sydney for the Derby when the St Leger was on big query on form from this race but it is Bart and I may be eating my words in 3 months :eek:

Every year theres one or two with a huge spruik on them (usually a 4yo).
Last year it was Kibbutz who the books put up fave based on the fact he won the Derby,although he had been injured & missed the Autumn.

Not many actually make this Race,already we have the usual media crap that Profound Beauty has been well backed.
"She is joint favourite due to the heavy weight of money for her"...Betstar
How long has their market been up,3 weeks?

Derby & St Leger form is usually diabolical for Melb Cups,remember the race has been downgraded
from a Gp 1 to a listed race over the last 30 yrs

Personally Id want $21 about any horse actually getting to the race but if you are desperate to back Precedence,theres $44 @ Betfair.

seth

If it wasn't trained by Bart, it'd be 100-1.

As Seth said, the majority don't even get to the big race, meaning every horse is essentially unders at this stage really.

If you're smart you'd stay away for at least the next couple of months.:cool:

Inkster won the St Leger in 2008 where's the $ 21 for her in the cup :confused: :p
Haha. Like the maggot said - it's pretty much just the 'Bart factor'.
Inkster opened up 100-1 in last years MC after nominations. I do think this years St Leger edition was stronger though.. but still.. it's the St Leger.

And gotta say, I'm not really on the Unsung Heroine bandwagon yet, I haven't really been hearing much to excite me since she's been with Hayes.
Although the Cup in ages away still and she has plenty of time to put the runs on the board I guess. A forum winter elect for the Cup never hurt anyone :cool: I don't know much about o/s racing, but it looks like it'd be a safe guess to say she's better quality than Kindjhal.. and he went alright in the Cup.

Leica Falcon in there again, shame we'll never see him at his best, but surely he has no chance of even getting close to a start this year.

Black Mamba is an interesting one, i know very little about it, other than it races in the US. Will be interesting to see how it does here.

Way too early to call a winner, even calling a starter at this stage is game, but for something which i reckon is decent odds at this stage is Big Col. 100-1 or thereabouts is good odds for a horse which could be half a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of Luca Cumani's 2 nominations Cima De Triomphe ran 4th in the Arlington Million over the weekend.
"He ran on well in the straight but by then it was too late.We will bring him home now & see where he goes next"

seth

Incredibly brave of the TAB to put this horse up at a massive $21
In August........

seth

They are probably trying to recoup some of their losses from opening him up at $11 the Thursday before he won at Caulfield.

Pretty sure he was into about $3.20 when they jumped.

Haha, I was more like:

1st year: "Woohoo, I picked the Cup winner"
2nd year: "Man it's wet - she's got this on a plate"
3rd year: "I'm living overseas and haven't followed form as much as previous - let's get on her for a third. She did win you a ton in the Aus Cup just before you left & the Cox last week."

Profound Beauty continued on her winning ways overnight
It certainly is a pleasant change not to have the usual "will he or wont he" game from Dermott,thats as definite as Ive ever heard from him this far out.
seth

Profound Beauty won again overnight,spoke too soon on the mind games though.
www.racenet.com.au/news/523/52332.asp

seth

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Melbourne Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back