2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

obviously a timboon follower so i guess we will see whether u tip with ya heart or ya brain...i definatley think its ya heart not ya brain...only cause kolora beat dennington by 10 goals and dennington beat use by 6 goals...cause your a demon follower where is this blair robertson character!? i will have to take a weekend to go watch this fella if he gunna be better than beinke!

We will see. I follow Timboon but due to living in Melbourne, I don't get to see too many games. Comparing results against an opposition does not mean much. Alot of variables to consider each week. Kolora may well be the better side, but Timboon tend to get them off their game occasionally.
Not sure what the go is with Blar Robertson. I did not see him in Timboon last week (wasn't looking either). Someone here thought he was injured so I'm not sure. I don't expect him to replace Bienke, but also a very different player from my understanding.

Went to watch panmure and blues. Got that one wrong!! Blues have good smalls and are dangerous around goals. Panmure couldnt match them on ground. Schrama good for panmure, but the blues mite rue the loss to the cats last week when last round is done.
Creek too good for tigers and i will be interested to see how they go against one of the top three sides. They could upset, and still good players to be cleared there.
All the hype about power and demons was just that. Power way too good with some good players still not in side. Fraser unmatchable and bourke another 3 votes. Demons face blues this week. Need to be on their game, but should win by heaps.
Not much surprise with east and dennington. Monky with 9. Cant really say much but 'keep encouraging them joey'.
Deakin disappointing against cats, or the cats way too good. Dont know much about game. Thought stenhouse would kick more than 5 but that a good sign for them.
Rovers - a good win with matthews hot early, then hood took over. Nicholson good in ruck and around ground. Mite be the back up they need.
Waste of time comparing weekly results. Footy is a week to week game.

Waste of time comparing weekly results. Footy is a week to week game.

I think you missed my point on that. I meant to say that for example. Team A beat Team B by 30. Then team C beat Team A by 30. It does not automatically mean Team C is a 10 goal better side than Team B. Kapiche?;)

dont forget this weeks games are all on sunday because of anzac day....i reckon this weeks highlight may be just how much the power will win by. Any takers on a league record score??? Just a liitle side issue here is the papers coverage of the games. I accept the fact it does a fantastic job of covering the WDFNL each week but my question is about which games they decide is the match of the round!.For example, this week it covered cats and the sharks as the match of the day whereas 99% of followers would decide it should have been power v demons. I understand they try to cover each team a number of times a year but if a team is in the match of the day 3 - 4 weeks in a row well so be it. Yes i know its not a major issue but just an observation. But the bottom line is the media coverage is excellent

Well pointed out there mate, last weekend saw russels creek vs East when clearly match of round was kolora v Dennington, and once again kolora v demons. its only the lazy pricks at the standard dont want to travel outside of warrnambool to do their jobs. piss poor effort standard. all the warrnambool with the exception of dennington are no good this year anyway. Timboon, Kolora, NIrranda, Panmure way better

i wish peter fletcher covered wdfnl, kate butler is horriable with local football. i actually think (and i never thought i would say it) andrew thompson should cover wdfnl.

match of round this week could be any of the games except kolora and east id suspect

Hey come on orange peeler, do you seriously want to see that much of the power. I would imagine you will be seeing a fair bit of them come finals time. Maybe even a full spread in the middle come gf day.
Fletch does a great job, but he very qualified whereas butler is just starting. I think her articles read ok and the games i have been at, her summaries are good. Thommo doing the district league. Leave him to the gossip piece!!!!!
I agree - bottom line is the standard provides the best coverage of local footy compared to colac and geelong papers. Every team deserves the opportunity to be in the paper. Sponsors on jumpers pay money for that privledge. Just because east will struggle doesnt mean they dont deserve coverage. Not all about the tall poppies of the league.:thumbsdown:
Big Blow Hard - im on your side when it comes to comparing games and teams!!:)
Orange peeler - dont get up the warr teams - one mite come out and bite you on the bum........

Hey come on orange peeler, do you seriously want to see that much of the power. I would imagine you will be seeing a fair bit of them come finals time. Maybe even a full spread in the middle come gf day.
Fletch does a great job, but he very qualified whereas butler is just starting. I think her articles read ok and the games i have been at, her summaries are good. Thommo doing the district league. Leave him to the gossip piece!!!!!
I agree - bottom line is the standard provides the best coverage of local footy compared to colac and geelong papers. Every team deserves the opportunity to be in the paper. Sponsors on jumpers pay money for that privledge. Just because east will struggle doesnt mean they dont deserve coverage. Not all about the tall poppies of the league.:thumbsdown:
Big Blow Hard - im on your side when it comes to comparing games and teams!!:)
Orange peeler - dont get up the warr teams - one mite come out and bite you on the bum........

Andrew Thompson doing paper reports!! Give me her reports any day. He is a yobbo idiot who fantasises about being important. His columns on a Saturday are embarrasing and full of 'in-jokes' only he and his yob mates get a laugh out of. Get a young bloke doing a column who is up on the footy scene.
I think the standard does a great coverage of WDFL and lucky to have their commitment.
I think even coverage of all teams is fair and come finals you get a really indepth look at the better teams.
Don't bank on Power too early they have stumbled alot over the last few years. Maybe a different coach wil help them overcome the Collywobbles..........woops, I mean the Powerwobbles!!

Predictions

Weather may save east from a huge flogging but power still far too strong.
Blues will be rite in contest against demons. Demons struggling with injury and discipline. This could be an early headline, but demons for me.
Dennington should be too strong for rovers in and around clinches. If rovers have a weakness it is their backline. Dennington for me.
Creek and allansford to battle out a great wet weather game with the cats forward maybe a bit big for conditions. This game will sort out who is really in running for 5th.
Panmure over the tiges - not for any other reason than schrama and s heffernan great in the wet.
Deakin to open account against warriors.
I hope ive got the round right. No paper or draw around to check.

Power is a much better side this year, and were beaten by a good side last year. I dont think there any wobbles to be worried about.

have to agree on most of that. apparently wagstaff walked off the feild during timboon training because sholl slagged him off in front of the group. not very rosey down there i hear.
Creek and allansford will be very close, both teams good in wet so i will only say creek by 1 kick because its at mack
Collegians to beat merrivale, a few back for warriors. only based on that reason
dennington to strong for rovers. agree no back line with doyle and bowman leaving.
power will be way to strong for east
the blues will give timboon a scare but the reigning premiers will have to much quality and get up no more than 5-6 goals
panmure to beat deakin in a sloppy encounter at the pond

Sorry got a couple of games wrong.
Panmure play sharks. Panmure for the same reasons as i mentioned before.
Tigers will beat warriors. Greenie playing a milestone. He been a solid backman for years. Hope they win for him. Warriors struggling.
Interesting to hear probs at timboon. I dont think thats exactly correct. People just like to think there are probs down there. Its a fair way out of warr and nobody really has any idea of what happens down there. Bit the same at the power and panmure;););)

danny harris from south signed with dennington....another ruckman to back up monky........starting to think dennington power and timboon way ahead of the rest but we knew that anyway. i reckon whoever grabs 4th and 5th at the end of the year will be just making up the numbers. mite be a big call but it seems to be heading that way!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back hacker. Dunno which wagstaff, but i think dons2good starting rumors. Sholly certainly wouldnt pull any punches. he would tell it like it is!!!
Harris got a bit of age on him but will be welcome relief for dogs as keane has broken leg. is another tall that can be used down back. keep an eye on clearances as there is a good hampden player not happy at the moment with ties to a couple of district clubs, actually make that two hampden players.
what a day for footy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could easily be upsets today.

Welcome back hacker. Dunno which wagstaff, but i think dons2good starting rumors. Sholly certainly wouldnt pull any punches. he would tell it like it is!!!
Harris got a bit of age on him but will be welcome relief for dogs as keane has broken leg. is another tall that can be used down back. keep an eye on clearances as there is a good hampden player not happy at the moment with ties to a couple of district clubs, actually make that two hampden players.
what a day for footy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could easily be upsets today.

Dont say that and not say who they are?? who cares if it doesnt happen thats wat this forum is for..discussions?? if u say the names some1 might no more about it and fill us all in...who are they/.

Dont say that and not say who they are?? who cares if it doesnt happen thats wat this forum is for..discussions?? if u say the names some1 might no more about it and fill us all in...who are they/.

Here, Here Members.
Newman, easy to say that as you have a fair chance with over 800 Hampden League players. Pointless even saying it unless you put a name to it.

thanks Newman, been away and have sorely missed the talk on here. whilst some of me agrees with members and the like that you really should put a name to it, perhaps newman was simply trying to generate interest in the story before he tells you who it is lol. its a long week between games and if we run out of stuff to talk about it gets boring. Anyway most results went the way people seemed to have tipped, fraser almost got his dozen and dennington are still spending big money, no sign of robertson or the other big name at timboon (dont ask cause i dont know who it is lol) allansford and rovers on a downhill slide... nirranda think they could have won, just had one of those bad days. creek improving but not sure how high they can go

thanks Newman, been away and have sorely missed the talk on here. whilst some of me agrees with members and the like that you really should put a name to it, perhaps newman was simply trying to generate interest in the story before he tells you who it is lol. its a long week between games and if we run out of stuff to talk about it gets boring. Anyway most results went the way people seemed to have tipped, fraser almost got his dozen and dennington are still spending big money, no sign of robertson or the other big name at timboon (dont ask cause i dont know who it is lol) allansford and rovers on a downhill slide... nirranda think they could have won, just had one of those bad days. creek improving but not sure how high they can go

Dennington arent actually spending as much money as everyone thinks, most of the recruits this year come through family or friends of the club or players who played there in the junior days. I can understand the outside perspective but its frustrating to see when good players step up to hampden to play quality football and the return to their roots or go somewhere to play with mates and everyone assumes they are chasing dollars! Same thing happened with Timboon last year the majority of the talent in the group was home grown or had a genuine reason for playing there yet everyone assumed they were spending up.

hi, new member here but been reading these for a few weeks now.
ok hacker. please explain how rovers are on a downhill slide? im a rovers supporter. we lost to dennington who have been touted a genuine premiership threat and all of a sudden we are on a downhill slide. allansford lost to creek by 4 points, and there on a downhill slide.

the rumor about wagstaff i have heard also but i see he played and kicked 4 goals i think.

the rest on you stop being soft and tell us who you support, whats the shame?

hi, new member here but been reading these for a few weeks now.
ok hacker. please explain how rovers are on a downhill slide? im a rovers supporter. we lost to dennington who have been touted a genuine premiership threat and all of a sudden we are on a downhill slide. allansford lost to creek by 4 points, and there on a downhill slide.

by downhill slide i mean in my opinion they will continue to slide further down the ladder from this point on. i cant see them really challenging any of the top 3 or 4 sides

didnt rovers have a few key players out for sundays match? that could have made a bit of difference,maybe. they will push a few teams as year goes on, its still early on in season.
just because dennington have had players come to club through friends or family connection, i am sure they would still be getting paid......this is the district league and money talks!! if you want a premiership, spend the money and hope it pays off.

i like keeping a look out for the up and comers of the league.i seen a fair few under 17 games last year. i had a look at allansford and creek.. young paddy eldridge is one to keep an eye on.. played a real solid game.
but can someone tell me what paddy moloney and jake lee from power are doing this year?
from what i seen of them last year which was only 4 or so games they were firing.. are they still at power?

The talk I am hearing now is suggesting that Brad Couch and Brad Wiggins from Cobden will both be taking over coaching duties at Timboon. Duel playing coaches. Both local boys.
Also talk of Adam Roberts from Camperdown, (original Timboon) possibly signing up as well.

Well at least the rumour mill got that part right, cept for the coaching bit.

Two out of three not bad if it is true about Couch. This rumour is looking good now for one posted in December. lol

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back