2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

well its easy to see if you want to find out something to come here...but what i find hard to believe is that 4 rounds in and creek are second on the ladder. Are they the real deal or is it just that they havent played anyone yet?...what does everyone think?........saw tigers and warriors sunday...terrible conditions which affected any skill whatsoever. Both teams i dont think will be in the 5 come years end.

well its easy to see if you want to find out something to come here...but what i find hard to believe is that 4 rounds in and creek are second on the ladder. Are they the real deal or is it just that they havent played anyone yet?...what does everyone think?........saw tigers and warriors sunday...terrible conditions which affected any skill whatsoever. Both teams i dont think will be in the 5 come years end.

creek get the dream draw all the time. play timboon, kolora and dennington once for the year and play the battlers a couple of times. how ironic andrew thompson who is creek is on the wdfnl board.
they wont threat top 3 from watching them first hand, but will challenge for 5 with rovers, allansford and panmure.

Brad Couch to Timboon. Blair Robertson will not play.

Good rumour, but hate to burst your bubble. Brad is taking a break from footy for an unknown period after purchasing a neighbouring farm that he must get in order and cannot afford a football injury during this time. You wont see him on any ground in the near future.

Power play rovers this week and i think they will pump them by that i mean 10 goals and that will signal the differene between best and 4th or 5th best.....paddy moloney has played every game in the ones so maybe just read the teams..haha and jake lee has had a knee operation and will miss the year im pretty sure....creek do always get the dream draw, you are right with that and i seen brad couch play against terang on the weekend so i dont no y he would walk out on cobden after a couple of games, maybe some1 who wouldnt play hampden seniors can go to the district league during the year but not some1 who gets a game!

Wow - finally some decent discussion. Let me add my little bit. Had herd the runour about couch to timboon early in preseason but i think power2 on the money. Also herd little whispa that baulch not that happy at cobden, either is trav graham playin 2s at warrnambool. Nothin may come of either but theyre the rumours.
Dont think rovers etc are on the slide, but they not in league of top three power sides. Creek - you take the good with the bad draws. They have nath millard and jono neville cleared to them. I rate them to upset somebody. Blues still devastated after massacre from demons. They still long way off. Fraser a freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to watch.
Who the hell knows what each team is spending!!! People have their opinions and it doesnt matter how hard clubs try to explain their situations, you are never going to change their minds. Demons last year were nearlly all locals, same as power and the dogs this year all have links to the club.
What is the go with this robertson character hacker. Will he play. Surely you know. Look forward to replies......;)

heard couch was going overseas and robertson isnt playing at all..silly as it seems but blues sharks could be match of the day. wots the bet its the game the standard will cover???!!!

New at this. Dennington is paying no where near the amount some think. You will find Monk, Stevens, Harris Etc have come to play with the coach, no cash to exchange hands. Also new signing with the Dogs Scott Day ex Koroit 22 year old ruck rover forward returning to the area. Been playing in Mildura area. Whats the go with the Nash brothers playing one game with Collegians then getting cleared back to Heywood. Heard after the Timboon game that they thought they may as well get flogged at their own club as travel over here to have the same done. All are right on Creek have look back over the past 3 years and see the draw they have got, protected specicies, still wont make the 5. Heard Johno Neville and Squeak Millard only home to play a game or two over the May Races then to be cleared back. This would be good for the morale of all that have doen the hard work and don't get a game.

Power play rovers this week and i think they will pump them by that i mean 10 goals and that will signal the differene between best and 4th or 5th best.....paddy moloney has played every game in the ones so maybe just read the teams..haha and jake lee has had a knee operation and will miss the year im pretty sure....creek do always get the dream draw, you are right with that and i seen brad couch play against terang on the weekend so i dont no y he would walk out on cobden after a couple of games, maybe some1 who wouldnt play hampden seniors can go to the district league during the year but not some1 who gets a game!

thanks for that members.. but thats disappointing to hear he has done his knee at that age.. good little player. power to beat rovers but a fair margain.
allasford to touch up collegians
dennington flog merrivale
timboon will blow east away
panmure creek not sure panmure just
nirranda just to beat deakin

Only really three games that have any chance of going either way.

Power will beat rovers by at least 10 goals. Although matthews backs so could be closer. Rovers backline a weakness and powers forward line awesome.
Demons by ????????????????? 30 goals
Nirranda must bounce back and will beat deakin, but not by much.
Cats will thrash collegians. Stenhouse to kick 8-10.
Creek (def make 5) over panmure (just mayb) - and i agree, fancy missing out on game for millard and neville if they only around for a couple. Could upset a few and bite them in the bum later on in year. Very unlike creek to do that but new coach has final say.
Dennington will smash tigers. Merrivale no backline without greenie, and dogs have plenty of options up there.
Spot on with nash boys. Why would you travel that far to get flogged. Remember collegians only beat east by 10 points!!!!
Couch and baulch wil only play for cobden if they play again this year...

i snuck down to noorat to see what all this hype of fraser is.. full credit to power there ground is in pretty good condition. Fraser didnt let me down anyway everything that has been said about him all very true.. probably kicked one of the goals of the year... i havent seen either team play this year and didnt no what to expect from merrivale.. but for a half they had power down to there standards. second half power took more control but for a team unbeaten turned it over a fair bit. The thing power will be happy with is they can play an average game for 2 and half quarters and still run away comfortable winners.. hate to meet them when they are completly on their game.. the scary thing is.. the whisper i heard round noorat on saturday is that they still have at least 4 senior players to come back in... tough times for the selectors all i can say...

fraser was good but luke mcinerney had the best of him for 3 quarters, best game ive seen this year easily besides the turn overs there was pretty good skill level merrivale lifted its game they will upset a few more than people think if they play like saturday, only thing that stopped them from winning on saturday was a key full forward! dom tieppo taking over from adam greene quite well already he chopped james hicks!

There is a bit of a rumour that one of the playing coaches got himself in a bit of trouble during the races last week. Can anyone shed any light on it?

you obviously no who it was?? so which coach?? Yeah i heard the power picked up to ex hampden players this week in stphen poole and sam stewart with stewart having played geelong falcons so must be pretty handy....i would also hate to be selecting the team..they gunna have a handy twos side...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you obviously no who it was?? so which coach?? Yeah i heard the power picked up to ex hampden players this week in stphen poole and sam stewart with stewart having played geelong falcons so must be pretty handy....i would also hate to be selecting the team..they gunna have a handy twos side...

agree with members why not just say who it is. someone on here might be able to answer it for ya..
on saturday i got to noorat and seen 1 and half quarters of the 2s. sam stewart looks like a real flashy type player and poole is the old work horse both look very good. jamie whitehead was running round in the 2s also and going on the way they went in the bit i seen all 3 of them should be in the seniors this week.. as i was at the bar a power local also filled me in that simon darcy still has to fit into this side that keeps gettin better and better.. 4 players to come in and dont no who to come out.. couple of kids probably... hate to be pickin powers line up.

agree with members why not just say who it is. someone on here might be able to answer it for ya..
on saturday i got to noorat and seen 1 and half quarters of the 2s. sam stewart looks like a real flashy type player and poole is the old work horse both look very good. jamie whitehead was running round in the 2s also and going on the way they went in the bit i seen all 3 of them should be in the seniors this week.. as i was at the bar a power local also filled me in that simon darcy still has to fit into this side that keeps gettin better and better.. 4 players to come in and dont no who to come out.. couple of kids probably... hate to be pickin powers line up.

Guys, if I knew who it was I would definitely say but that was all I heard, also was in that column in Standard on Saturday. Playing coaches are nearly in every club so I have no idea who?

Guys, if I knew who it was I would definitely say but that was all I heard, also was in that column in Standard on Saturday. Playing coaches are nearly in every club so I have no idea who?

For those who dont know it was Luke Attril from Merrivale, he and Adam Greene got in a bit of a punch up with the Bishop boys. From what i hear was not their fault they were defending themselves but thats just what i heard.

For those who dont know it was Luke Attril from Merrivale, he and Adam Greene got in a bit of a punch up with the Bishop boys. From what i hear was not their fault they were defending themselves but thats just what i heard.

Thanks supporter1. I hope he doesn't continue in that vein as they are starting to show some form and I'd hate to see his off- field behaviour start to impact on the team.
I think Merrivale can give Timboon a shake this weekend.

Not sure what others think but it seems Scholl is a little over-rated as a coach. I've thought that for a long time and he seems to look after numero uno at the expense of the team? I'm sure this will stir up you Timboon supporters who often can't look objectively at your own club!!

gee..strong words there. I cant understand that Timboon have played good footy but are still hanging on to the 5 by a thread. Maybe a top 3 position is slowly fading....early days yet but who knows. nirranda for the upset of the round. Merrivale are also a chance but the rest of the round will see the favourites...if youre playing stay warm its gonna be wet and cold. If watching do the same...

Some games this week that i will be interested to see wat happens.
Power Panmure will be a real physical game because panmure will see that as their only way of beating them...i think conheady will target players like nick kenna who he played at terang with and apparantly they shcrama boys dont really like the power so dont be suprised if there is a bit of biffo in the game.
creek to beat collegians
dennington to smash deakin
timboon to good for allansford but will be very close
merrivale will beat east
nirranda and south rovers should be a good game...does any1 no wat the go is with frankie matthews"? i was sure he would kick some big bags/?? i think rovers will win if frankie kicks a few...also is mark evans playing?

i seen a bit of panmure dennington last week and in patches panmure looked pretty good. panmure has as much chance of knocking off power as they are big rivals and will come out and hit power hard. panmure have a bloke who is capable of stopping fraser in simon schrama hopefully he plays.. panmure to win just have to slow the game down and stop powers running game... will not be surprised if panmure come through with goods but power should just win i think.
creek beat collegians
dogs to beat deakin
timboon will handle allansford
merrivale beat east
nirranda for an upset

i reckon if the esam medal count stopped now nathan murphy from rovers would have about 8 - 9 votes by now. big call i know but lets have a look on count night after round 7 and see whats going on...anyway the tip this weekend is nirranda

dunno why people saying nirranda winning will be an upset? there a good outfit with good recruits.
im a rovers supporter and i can invision a great encounter. nirranda won last time and it was out there like it is this week.
the inia boys are the key.
would have to agree with nathan murphy. not being biased but has been awesome but a lad nicholson and vetran wilson could take a few votes in there wins also.
mark evans and frankie will play. fair to say east targeted him with most times having 4 blokes smashing him in each contest but he will bounce back from that.
rovers 13 points over nirranda
power 20 points over panmure
merrivale 90 over east
timboon 60 over allansford
dennington 150 points over uni
creek 50 points over collegians. warriors will draw alot of confidence from last week

might as well start the finals now.....russell creek are just pretenders obviously, and with their draw they should finish top three if they were even half the side of dennington or power.....rovers may cause an upset in the finals but only to timboon, panmure are just to old and slow,,wasted alot of money they have, reckon its a pretty safe bet to lock in the grandfinal now..kolora v's dennington....should just call the grandfinal in round 18 when these two teams play each other...save alot of time...and the rest of the teams are a bloody long way off..

might as well start the finals now.....russell creek are just pretenders obviously, and with their draw they should finish top three if they were even half the side of dennington or power.....rovers may cause an upset in the finals but only to timboon, panmure are just to old and slow,,wasted alot of money they have, reckon its a pretty safe bet to lock in the grandfinal now..kolora v's dennington....should just call the grandfinal in round 18 when these two teams play each other...save alot of time...and the rest of the teams are a bloody long way off..

Your a wanka members! Why post such shit. Ya really think they're just gonna finish the season after round 18. Bloody idiot! No one listens to you..

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back