2010-11 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So you are saying that Howard is worth as much as a shit goaltender in Shitty Nitty? Ok.. I'm sure Howards agent will be asking for 2.5mill :rolleyes:. Takes Detroit deep into the playoffs and he will be up around 4 mill. I'd be looking at a Jonas Hiller number.
Maybe a little more than 2.5, but you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think he's getting 4.5.

Typical Bradesmaen trying to get into an argument again. :thumbsu:

Maybe a little more than 2.5, but you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think he's getting 4.5.

Typical Bradesmaen trying to get into an argument again. :thumbsu:
Trying to get into an argument? you were the one who argued with my statement. I pity the fool.

Early indications that the salary caps will go up around $2m next season. Plus Hudler will probably be traded so take another 3m out.

I'm with Drummond regarding Howard's new contract. 3m is what he'll get I reckon.
Datsyuk 6,700
Holmstrom 1,875
Zetterberg 6,083
Franzen 3,954
Filppula 3,000
Bertuzzi 1,937
Hudler 2,875
Abdelkader 787
Cleary 2,800
Eaves 1,250
Helm 912
Mursak 750
Emmerton 750

Lidstrom 6,000
Rafalski 6,000
Kronwall 3,000
Ericsson 2,000
Stuart 3,750
Kindl 883

Howard 3,000
Larsson 750

SALARY: 59,056
CAP: 59.4

:thumbsu:

So with the following personnel changes:

In: Mursak, Emmerton, Larsson ($2,250 mil)
Out: Miller, Modano, Draper, Osgood ($5,399 mil)

And the following rough salary changes:

Howard 716 → 3,000
Larsson (Osgood 1,416) → 750
Ericsson 900 → 2,000
Eaves 750 → 1.25
Lidstrom 6,200 → 6,000

Quick job but pretty accurate, hard to see the issues Brady, especially if the cap goes up which it's rumoured to.

Disappointing to lose to that rabble in calgary, ahh well at least we geta point in a game we didnt deserve one..

Looked tired after a busy month, the Stars will enjoy the Christmas break im sure
Will you guys stop that? You keep getting bloody points!

Might want to rethink the goalie situation.
Ummm you might want to get familiar with the Wings pbefore trying to teach me. He signed with HV71, but has an out clause if he could make the Wings. Osgood is done, we're now completely comfortable with Howard, and Larsson is tearing it up in the SEL, so it's looking promising for Dan to return.

:thumbsu:

Well if he does come back, he'll be on more than 700k, given he's earning around 1mill in the Swedish league. Red Wings will have to make a trade unless Lidstrom, or somehow magically some cap numbers drop.

From what I have read, the Cap is going up but not by that much. About a mill from what I have read.

Well if he does come back, he'll be on more than 700k, given he's earning around 1mill in the Swedish league. Red Wings will have to make a trade unless Lidstrom, or somehow magically some cap numbers drop.

From what I have read, the Cap is going up but not by that much. About a mill from what I have read.
Fine, put Larsson up to a mil, heck, just for you Brades, put him at 1.25. We're still good, no? ;) ;)

Fine, put Larsson up to a mil, heck, just for you Brades, put him at 1.25. We're still good, no? ;) ;)
It'll take many bottles of fine wine from Mr Holland to agents and players ;) It will be interesting to see what he does with the 3rd/4th lines, usually the Wings have gone with an experienced lineup, so will they go with that? (which will cost more) or go with the inexperienced players like Emmerton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll take many bottles of fine wine from Mr Holland to agents and players ;) It will be interesting to see what he does with the 3rd/4th lines, usually the Wings have gone with an experienced lineup, so will they go with that? (which will cost more) or go with the inexperienced players like Emmerton.
They'd better go with youth over guys like Draper and Modano just because they're experienced. :mad:

Mursak and Emmerton are both out of options next year and have shown enough to suggest they have NHL futures, especially Mursak. Holland loves his vets though, so who knows. Miller, Draper and Modano are all either no good or washed up though, so replacing them shouldn't be too hard.

Anyone watching the Oilers - Kings game? Have a look at Scuderi's face.

Apparently he has been a stick magnet over the past few games, copped another one from Linus "Spin-o-rama" Omark tonight. Not a pretty sight...

Great Fight between Jarome Iginla and Jamie Benn today.

The commentator calls it great "the young buck against the old bull"..Benn Busts iginla open with an early right, but Iginla goes on and they have a good long scrap..i think because he drew blood, Benn wins, but Iginla got some good ones in, not sure if its youtube'd yet, but worth a look

Great Fight between Jarome Iginla and Jamie Benn today.

The commentator calls it great "the young buck against the old bull"..Benn Busts iginla open with an early right, but Iginla goes on and they have a good long scrap..i think because he drew blood, Benn wins, but Iginla got some good ones in, not sure if its youtube'd yet, but worth a look

The guy on www.hockeyfights.com almost always has them up within an hour.

[YOUTUBE]LX3g4WMwOvU[/YOUTUBE]

Great scrap, I'll go the draw. Benn was holding on and out of puff at the end.

They'd better go with youth over guys like Draper and Modano just because they're experienced. :mad:

Mursak and Emmerton are both out of options next year and have shown enough to suggest they have NHL futures, especially Mursak. Holland loves his vets though, so who knows. Miller, Draper and Modano are all either no good or washed up though, so replacing them shouldn't be too hard.
Do you get to watch many Griffins games? I havne't seen one from this season yet so I only know from what I've been reading on LGW and the box scores on the Griffins site. I wonder if Tatar could possibly make the roster next season... especially if Hudler keeps on struggling. Seems to be holding his own for a little fella against the big bodies. Couldn't do a worse job than Happy right? And at league minimum too.

Do you get to watch many Griffins games? I havne't seen one from this season yet so I only know from what I've been reading on LGW and the box scores on the Griffins site. I wonder if Tatar could possibly make the roster next season... especially if Hudler keeps on struggling. Seems to be holding his own for a little fella against the big bodies. Couldn't do a worse job than Happy right? And at league minimum too.
Yep I've been watching a few of their games. Tatar started slowly but has been playing incredible lately. He's so skilled, but also an extremely hard worker, and to me he's Hudler but with a little more hustle, or, he's Hudler of 2008/09. Definite second line player down the track, but as he's got another year of waiver exemption, I'd keep him in the AHL, not that he deserves it. Mursak's cooled off lately, but he'll burst out soon, I'm sure, and Emmerton was playing terrific hockey, the best of his pro career until he hurt his knee which is still keeping him out.

Yeah well it would all be dependent on Happy's situation but if he's (Tatar) good enough then he's good enough. Helm and Abby spent about 1.5 to 2 seasons in the minors I think. I remember Mursak played well in the intraclub game and in the preseason games that I managed to catch. Pretty excited about him.

jesus!!!
we're doing alright here, 2-0 up after the 1st against the conference leaders.

now I'll just sit back and watch us piss it away(probably)

Remove this Banner Ad

2010-11 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back