2010-11 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pens being blanked by the Senators and Habs by the Islanders.. who'da thunk it.
Elliott is standing on his head.....although some of our shots are weak and right at him. Has been real good though. Game getting a bit nasty as the Sens go after Letang for his hit on Spezza earlier.

Today's game was insane. I have NO idea how Colorado didn't win, they dominated. Osgood gave up two pretty weak goals early, as he always seems to do, but afterwards was sensational. His second period was the best I've seen in 2 years, an he had about a 3-4 minute period where he absolutely stood on his head and was saving everything, some quality chances amongst them.

Lidstrom was amazing, a 4 point night for him. Great to see Hudler find some form with a goal and assist, and Helm's energy was key. Impressed with Mursak on debut too, had a brilliant backcheck in the 1st and he actually drew the penalty which resulted in Lidstrom's PP goal.

Can't believe we came away with 2 points, huge!

I haven't seen many Minnesota games this year but Cal Clutterbuck is a beast. He hits with nasty intentions. He just missed with a big one earlier in the period and almost dislodged 4 panes of glass.

seen enough of him and he is just a goon who thinks he can score, will continue to be such until a coach relegates him to his rightful checking line.

Yeah I like Clutterbuck. Good player, even better name.

Oh and Ozzie finally got career win 400 with a massive 46-save game at the Pepsi Center. Makes him the 10th netminder in history to get to 400.:thumbsu:

and not too much disrespect to ozzie, but if you throw enough sh!t, some is bound to stick. well done old mate!!

Today's game was insane. I have NO idea how Colorado didn't win, they dominated. Osgood gave up two pretty weak goals early, as he always seems to do, but afterwards was sensational. His second period was the best I've seen in 2 years, an he had about a 3-4 minute period where he absolutely stood on his head and was saving everything, some quality chances amongst them.

Lidstrom was amazing, a 4 point night for him. Great to see Hudler find some form with a goal and assist, and Helm's energy was key. Impressed with Mursak on debut too, had a brilliant backcheck in the 1st and he actually drew the penalty which resulted in Lidstrom's PP goal.

Can't believe we came away with 2 points, huge!
Yeah that 5-minute period was nuts. Couldn't believe some of those saves he was pulling out lol. Saint Nick is just clearly not human. He is my god. Mursak was good too and like you said did well to draw that penalty that resulted in Nick's PPG.

Hope Hudler can pick up the pace now, really need him to with Dats and Cleary out.

and not too much disrespect to ozzie, but if you throw enough sh!t, some is bound to stick. well done old mate!!
Future Hall of Famer tbh.:D

Apart from the two fairly soft goals he gave up early I agree with you both. Was the best game I've seen Osgood play for some time. That second period, and that 4-5 minutes you guys are referring to was insane. The stops he was pulling out had me double checking it was infact Ossy in net. Mursak impressed me too.

Getting wins without Cleary and Datsyuk can't complain. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Eaves with his first career trick (PP, EV and EN):D

Crazy game in Dallas though. Stars scored 3 in just over 1 minute in the 2nd to take a 3-1 lead and looked like running all over us. Then we put in 6 straight lol.

Could have been soo much different if Zetterberg and Rafalski weren't able to play which was rumored pre match but 3 from 4 on a pretty tough road trip considering the injuries is great.

I love Patrick Eaves.

That is all.

But while I'm here I might as well add that I love Filppula too, and Hudler of late, and Lidstrom is a freak! And Mursak had a very solid game too, forechecking like a mad man out there!!

This probably doesn't refer to anyone on here but for anyone wondering why the linesmen in the NHL don't break up fights (I get that question often) one should watch the Spengler Cup (EuroSport) where the linesmen do attempt to break up fights right away.

It results in players and officials falling over, skate blades everywhere, players swinging fists blindly in the air. Extremely dangerous.

Idiots... :D

Disapointing loss for Dallas, to hold a 3-1 lead in the second at home...you should win..not lose 3-7.

cant help but respect (and at the same time HATE:p) detroit, even with stars out they just win...very impressive..

at least from a pacific POV, LA and san jose lost too, so dallas didnt give away ground.

Really looking forward to the Vancouver game on new Years day for us..Vacnouver along with Detroit are this years west measuring stick, i want the stars to show they are for real, despite tonights effort.

Hey guys, massive NHL fan, only just realized this thread existed!

Been following the mighty Penguins since 96. Surprised to see the Pens lose to the Islanders today, but mainly SHATTERED to see Crosby's streak finally broken. I've loved every minute of it, this kid is a true superstar!

Can't wait for the Winter Classic!

As much as it is sad to see the streak end, it was probably for the best. Could you imagine if the streak was still on going into the Winter Classic? The media would just hype it out of control and be asking Sid non-stop about it and take away his focus from the game. Maybe not lose focus as such but just put enormous pressure to perform on an already big stage. Just let him play.

Forget the streak, get on with the game and beat those Crapitals!:thumbsu:

As much as it is sad to see the streak end, it was probably for the best. Could you imagine if the streak was still on going into the Winter Classic? The media would just hype it out of control and be asking Sid non-stop about it and take away his focus from the game. Maybe not lose focus as such but just put enormous pressure to perform on an already big stage. Just let him play.

Forget the streak, get on with the game and beat those Crapitals!:thumbsu:

Yeah, spot on mate. I really hope Sid & Geno come out firing!

Very happy to see Pens v Caps on Fox Sports, and then another Pens game on later in the week. Only been able to stream a few games this year due to SHIT Internet out my way. Just relying on iPhone apps has been very frustrating!

Remove this Banner Ad

2010-11 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back