2010-11 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really that dirty. He was playing the puck as Kostopoulous came in. Didn't raise an elbow or anything, just went straight through him. Yeah it was in the head, so he'll get the mandatory 2 game.. but it wasn't that dirty.
Yeah, Stuart is playing at the puck so he should reasonably expect some contact. Might be a case for charging there but it definitely wasn't an intentional head hunt.

Just watching the canucks wings game, its a good game and even though the wings have kept it close with some man power down...boy its hard to see the west going through anywhere other than Vancouver this year..

Their power play is deadly, have a fantastic top two lines, deep defense and great goaltending duo..even if luongo slumps, schneider is ready to be a teams number 1, he will be a stud.

The acquisition of Ballard and Hamuis were great signings and they havent even had Sami Salo on the ice to load up the power play even more yet

Get ready for a deep playoff run Doof:D:thumbsu:

My tip is the team who finishes 8th, gets swept..(Hope it not Dallas:p)

Maybe it's my bias showing but I thought it was a bit of a head hunt from a rubbish 4th liner.:D

Huge, huge win in the shootout over the Nucks to make it 3 from 3 on the Western Canada road trip. Howard with a very strong game for the first time in a while. Two great saves on both Daniel and Henrik.

The Crosby-less Penguins have scored just one goal in 125 minutes of hockey.

For anyone one wants to have a laugh check out sore loser cheap-shot Chara after the Habs game.

**** off, Frankenstein! Funny stuff. :D

Today was just plain ugly. Was painful to watch.
Tell me about it. I closed down my stream after the second period. We're just taking bad penalties and generally just making bad decisions going forward.

Which Canadian team is the worst right now??

I tell you what its hard to ****ing split them(Leafs, Sens, Oilers, Flames)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the canucks wings game, its a good game and even though the wings have kept it close with some man power down...boy its hard to see the west going through anywhere other than Vancouver this year..

Their power play is deadly, have a fantastic top two lines, deep defense and great goaltending duo..even if luongo slumps, schneider is ready to be a teams number 1, he will be a stud.

The acquisition of Ballard and Hamuis were great signings and they havent even had Sami Salo on the ice to load up the power play even more yet

Get ready for a deep playoff run Doof:D:thumbsu:

My tip is the team who finishes 8th, gets swept..(Hope it not Dallas:p)

did you see the save on Sedin's shot in the first??

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=548895
Calgary Flames forward Tom Kostopoulos has been suspended for six games and will forfeit $29,569.92 in salary for delivering a blow to the head of Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart in NHL game #609 on January 7, the National Hockey League announced today.

"A number of factors were considered in reaching this decision," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. "Kostopoulos delivered a blow to the head of an unsuspecting and vulnerable player. As well, he targeted the head of his opponent and, while the hit was not from the blindside, the head was the principle point of contact. The fact that Brad Stuart was not in possession of the puck when the blow was delivered and the serious nature of the player's injury were also considered in my decision."

:)

I see Colin's "Wheel of Punishment" landed on 6 games for Tom K.

With Kostopolous being a 4th line player I reckon the wheel was stacked. I'd like to see Colin's wheel if it were AO8 or a player of similar ilk.

Another solid game from Niemi.

Starting to think goaltending is the least of the Charks' problems. Somehow show them a road map to the net.

Road map to the net? We're the highest shooting team in the league currently.. so that is just silly to say we need that. We do need better shooting chances, but in 2 of the last 4 games we've had goalies play out of their skins against us (usual for Miller though) and then against Minnesota Niemi played pathetic.

Road map to the net? We're the highest shooting team in the league currently.. so that is just silly to say we need that. We do need better shooting chances, but in 2 of the last 4 games we've had goalies play out of their skins against us (usual for Miller though) and then against Minnesota Niemi played pathetic.

I'm talking about getting players to the net. If the goalie sees every shot you can shoot all you like, you’re not going to score very often.

wow can't believe the Ducks inked Hiller for 4 years at 18 mill after a pretty average year. Oh well, just makes them worse for the next 4 years divisionally.

I see this one has bitten you in the arse again. :D

I'm talking about getting players to the net. If the goalie sees every shot you can shoot all you like, you’re not going to score very often.

I see this one has bitten you in the arse again. :D
Yeah well we are paying $21m for guys who don't want to stand infront of the net. Marleau is playing shit like normal.

Hiller is still shit, just not when he plays the Sharks ;)

Speaking of AWESOME, Jamie Benn scores a lovely goal with a dangling effort straight out of chapter 1 from the Pavel Datyuk book of undressing NHL Defenders.

[youtube]7FORIUdqqIo[/youtube]

Nah it was a nice dangle hehe.

Edited for what you MEANT to say:p

:thumbsu::D

Remove this Banner Ad

2010-11 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back