2010-11 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently the NHl is in its "home and away" part of the season..

Teams are playing for points. the home and away season finishes in april.

you get 2 pts for a win, 1 pt for a loss in overtime a 0pts for a loss in regualtion time

there are two conferences, the top 8 teams with the most points in each conference make the playoffs, there is conference quaterfinals, semi finals and conference finals..then at the end an eastern conference winner plays the western conference winner in the stanley cup finals. All playoff series are 7 games series including the stanley cup finals, which isnt unitl late May..

Pittsburgh played on Sunday in a special outdoor game..and i think they play tomorrow.

Currently we are half way through the season with about 40 games left..each team plays 82 games a season

Pittsburgh are probably stanley cup favourites..

for better undertsanding of the standings go to espn.com/nhl/standings

Thanks Catters078......Much Appreciated:thumbsu:

Rumours are heating up that jamie lanengbrunner is about to be traded..

Dallas is apparantly the leading candidate with San Jose, LA and Philly all in the mix..

I hope Dallas can nab him..

he would be a great compliment to play on either our second or 3rd line..a solid veteran presence who can play PK, PP and on a checking line if needed...wouldnt mind it at all, and if we get it it shows the GM niewy has been given clearance to be a buyer, so playoffs are really on the cards..

No reason for us to get him, we don't need him.

Do you reckon the sharks will have a crack at Commodore on re-entry waivers??

he was terrible in columbus especially for his price, but on re-entry for half the cap hit could be a good bottom pairing defenseman to a contender..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i reckon he will go to Dallas. Can't see Philly getting him, apparently Lou asked for JVR or nothing.

Will be interesting to to see what the Stars will give in return.

Rumours are heating up that jamie lanengbrunner is about to be traded..

Dallas is apparantly the leading candidate with San Jose, LA and Philly all in the mix..

I hope Dallas can nab him..

he would be a great compliment to play on either our second or 3rd line..a solid veteran presence who can play PK, PP and on a checking line if needed...wouldnt mind it at all, and if we get it it shows the GM niewy has been given clearance to be a buyer, so playoffs are really on the cards..

I've watched 4-5 Devils games this season and he's been awful in all of them (obviously not the only one). I wouldn't want to give up anything of worth for him.

I've watched 4-5 Devils games this season and he's been awful in all of them (obviously not the only one). I wouldn't want to give up anything of worth for him.

if the trade goes through, it will likely be a conditional pick..

probably a second that turns into a first depending on how far the stars go..(and if he re-signs) and if the stars go far, the pick will be in the 26-30 range, which, in a supposed weak draft isnt an overly big price..but if that happens it means the stars have 1 or maybe even two playoff round wins which will help the sale of the team

Its quite important for the stars to keep winning, attendance to keep rising and generating revenue, its more likely the team will have more money to play with once they see the revenue generated from a potential playoff drive..

I think all devils have been terrible this year, langenbrunner still has something to offer and would be a decent third liner with the stars and can always step up to the top 6 to cover an injury/slump..and he does offer veteran leadership of a player who has won a cup. Currently only Brad Richards has won one on our team, and Morrow is the only other to have played in the SC finals...

he may still end up in philly, st louis or even LA..

but im hoping the stars get him

On another note, Dreger is saying that Steckels hit in the winter classic is the main cause of Sid's concussion, interesting

On another note, Dreger is saying that Steckels hit in the winter classic is the main cause of Sid's concussion, interesting
I'd hardly call it a hit. Steckel had no idea Crosby was there and was just skating to join the play, Crosby basically skated into his path. Good old media trying to say that someone did something dirty to golden boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010-11 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back