AE 2010 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone (2010): Discussion & Updates

Holding Page.
I think that the Holding Page has been one of my most visited pages over the weekend.

Firstly, sorry for the holdup. Found a problem and got called out on a job so I didn't have time to fix.

Anyhow, until we get that update fixed, I've put up a temp page to give some results. I've also disabled the save functions so we don't get any data errors. If you want to change a tip for tomorrow's game before the update, PM me or email tips@armchairendzone.com

Now I haven't added the results page to any link on the site (I'd prefer to spend my time getting the proper version up), but you can cut&paste the url once logged in.

Login, then go to : http://www.armchairendzone.com/ae/results

The "Score" column is . . . the current score (der) and the "Max. Possible" is what you can potentially get with the next two games (thought this was a useful way of giving you a status without telling their picks)

I should be online now for the rest of the night so let me know if you see a problem.

All good JD. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gee dropping my 11 , 12, 13 CR Games really puts a hole in your score. :(

Still won my matchup though which i am happy with regardless of tomorrows results and thank god the unpredictable week 1 is over!! :)

There is a few pro tipsters who give the Chiefs a red hot chance tomorrow and there has been a fair bit of money for them in punting circles with the line of +6.5 recently reduced to +5 for the Chiefs in the states under the weight of the bets and money stacked on. Not that this means the Chiefs will get up but gee you cant ignore betting trends and they are a show against the Chargers.

All good JD. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gee dropping my 11 , 12, 13 CR Games really puts a hole in your score. :(

As does a 1, 2.... 13, and 16... still trying to workout why I'm so far behind. I thought 4 incorrect was solid (avoided SF and Atlanta) but it all comes down to confidence pts I guess

Great stuff JD!

I'm not looking too bad atm.:thumbsu:
Guaranteed the win and should be in the top few overall provided the Charges get up. :eek: Knowing my luck they'll probably lose.

dont you know the Chargers are perennial slow starters?????

It doesnt matter who the opposition is...........THEY WILL LOSE!

:D

Jags and Bucs you got lucky on. I wouldnt be making selections like that every week.

On second thoughts go for it. :cool:
I just can't decide on 2 tactics at the moment
1) When highly confident, go with the shitter teams (like jags and Bucs) and keep those powerhouses available for next week
2) Just lose 2 of those X's asap, and use that remaining 1 jumping around the NFL for the rest of the year

If say someone came out this week and went
Saints, Colts, Packers

who would you have for next week?
you would have 2 tips, but the good teams are unavailable for you

I looked at these things when doing my tips, IIRC I highly considered a few teams but didn't take them because I thought i may need them next week.

Decent point's DB and this logic had me change on the Colts with an 3XKO tip this week!! I looked at next weeks schedule and the Colts stood out for a 3XKO in week 2 but if i gave them one this week that goes out the window and i was confident enough in the Saints , Titans and Giants. In the end it was a bullet dodged as they got rolled on the road and while i did have concerns about them at Houston i did not expect them to get done and i was wrong!!

Dropped my 3,9,13 and 14 CR games. Dam Colts and 49ers. Still got my 16CR game to go tomorrow with SD.

At least got 2 of my XO games correct, just need SD tomorrow and i'll be keeping all three.

Just need the Chargers to get up, will be the difference between a really good week and a pretty average one! If only Megatron had not fallen fowl of that stupid rule I would have been looking really good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^
Don't you know Ryan Mathews was only drafted this year????

It doesnt matter who the opposition is........... HE WILL RUN OVER THE TOP OF THEM

:D

you forgot the exclamation mark!

IT DOESNT HAVE THE SAME EFFECT WITHOUT THE EXCLAMATION MARK!

;)

I should have read about the confidence thing at the start, oh well, it all makes sense now :D

you'll enjoy these comps, Osmodiar. lot's of fun, and the CR (confidence rating) adds an interesting twist than simply selecting a winner.

Hang in there. Rookies usually do well in AE. And the results in the NFL generally go every which way. Not predictable at all.

A few people have asked for next week's spread games.

We haven't worked out a formula for determining these games and which odds we should use (although most are pretty similar)

For instance if I set next week's games now, these odds could change dramatically over the next few days. Personally I think the games should be based on the most interesting odds (i.e. home teams given a start)

Thoughts?

Generally I think we should avoid Thursday Night games as they're too early in the week,

Who is TC Raiders? On the results page at all?

TC Raiders definately submitted his picks.. have fwded them to JD as well. What's the link to get to the Wk1 Selections?

Post #227 Woodson

After logging in, go to : http://www.armchairendzone.com/ae/results

(I got his tips in, I'll have to work out why they're not showing)

Remove this Banner Ad

AE 2010 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back