2010 - Captain Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 14 Captain

Will go Ablett but Pendles is very tempting against the eagles

Ablett (c) Judd (vc)

It would be funny of me to pick a non-Ablett player seeing I've had 13 weeks of pain....

Held back on getting Ablett until the Saints game due to the expected tag...LOL Ablett came out with 150+

Yeah that was like a couple of seasons ago when I dumped him as captain for the cats swans game and he scored 250.....

No matter what form he is in I am never making that mistake again!!:rolleyes:

Gazza permacapt for me.

My bigger issue this week is whether to bench a premium to cover Bartel or just risk the 0 if he doesn't play, as thursday will be too early to know.

Gazza permacapt for me.

My bigger issue this week is whether to bench a premium to cover Bartel or just risk the 0 if he doesn't play, as thursday will be too early to know.

In what could be good news, Bartel is not even listed on the AFL sites injury update

But he could just as well be a late omission too

Sorry guys bit slow here but just wanna make sure
If I make Murphy VC and have Gaj as captain, I can do the same trick as last week, or is there no partial lockout?

Sorry guys bit slow here but just wanna make sure
If I make Murphy VC and have Gaj as captain, I can do the same trick as last week, or is there no partial lockout?
No partial lockout.

Round 15 Captain

My love for Gary Junior has no end, but surely if we're going to switch the captaincy off the great man then this week would be it.

Swan vs the terrible, terrible Port Power????

Goddard vs the Lions?????

Re: Round 15 Captain

Has got to be Goddard against the Lions surely... Goddard's last 5 rounds average have been 148 compared to Ablett's 123.20. I would captain Swan if I had him but damn his price his skyrocketed recently :S

look at the weather forecasts folks - adel fri nite will be very windy - might rain too. quality of possession will be down - and swan quality aint that good as it is.

even worse in melb on sat arvo - will rain and blowing a gale.

goddard in sedate, balmy brisbane for me.

Mind you Brisbane weather prediction is possible showers too..

Still the dilemma is there. Like Perfect Pussies I love Ablett with all my heart, but Goddard is pretty hard to ignore this week :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't matter what the weather predictions are. Good players play well in the wet too. Still 3300 points on offer if its rain, hail or shine.

Goddard only cracked the tonne once from 6 attempts against the Lions though.

Currently on GAJ. Everytime i've thought about moving it and haven't his scores haven't been all that flash. Should take the risk and go Goddard though, but GAJ will pull out a 170+ or something. :D

One out of the box... NDS, avg'd 150+ against the Lions from 5 games between 05-07

Ablett, dal santo, pendles or Montagna? Leaning towards Dal Santo, he has been in good form and no one in Brisbane will tag him. Same for Joey though.

Whoever i move it too...they'll fold like a pack of cards. Better keep Ablett.

I'm sticking with GAJ - not because of any logical reason - I'm just sht scarred that the week I take the captaincy off him he will come out and score 250 odd...while his replacement gets a 60...:eek:

Wow this is hard. I'm actually leaning towards Brian Lake under the roof with his sublime skills and contested marks. Also i'm thinking against Carlton they'll throw him forward to exploit their backline.

Other then that, it's out of Swan or Goddard... GAJ in possible showers against the hard hitting Hawks looks bleak.

HELP!

Like the idea of Goddard too but until his average surpassess Gazza's it's staying on Gazz. In other words, Godds will be my perma capt as of next week lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back