2010 Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

a very touugh draw, very tough, playing the 2 gf twice the only interstate team we don't play away is sydney, we've been dudded a bit with out start but after that it gets better, the pies have been dealt a dream fixture once again, i dont understand why we always have to travel interstate at at least 5 times, ess only have to travel 3 times

If we are 3-4 from the 1st 7 games i will be happy one happy man. That's the toughest start to a season i have ever seen.

Richmond we should have covered,

Brisbane now with Fev will be a lot harder to get over the line, Revenge will be on the cards, but so will the nightmares.

Essendon we haven't beaten in 4 games, so that's no push over, but i think we should have them covered.

Adelaide, i think they will be right up there next year, and like Essendon haven't been able to break their game plan on us for a number of years.

Geelong, we got them at the "right" time this year. don't be fooled that was an un-realistic win this year.

Collingwood, well we had the wood over them in recent years, but they pulled our pants down and spanked us on the big stage this year. 50-50 at best in my opinion.

St.Kilda, got them to within 9 points this year, which was in my opinion one of our best games of the year. Will be a top 4 team again next year, so i think the odds are stacked up against us.

A win over Richmond is the only one i can say with any distinction. Essendon & Collingwood, well anything could happen, but I'm more confident in getting a win over the better side in Collingwood than Essendon.

If we can somehow have 3 wins in the 1st 7 games with the draw that we have coming home i have more than enough confidence that we will make the 8 again.

Having said that, you can have all the luck in the world with your draw, but if INJURIES come about, were f__ked again.

a very touugh draw, very tough, playing the 2 gf twice the only interstate team we don't play away is sydney, we've been dudded a bit with out start but after that it gets better, the pies have been dealt a dream fixture once again
Their run home is a tough one. other than Richmond & Essendon, all other games are 50-50 at best.

First 7 weeks are bloodsport, then it comes good.

If we are 3/4 after 7, we are well on the way.

Round 22 in Perth is a worry, but the new improved Flexi Draw should help us out.

What round is the mid season bye?

Round 13 numbers, then we have a week off and face the Lions in Round 14 ;)

Rnds 2 > 7 suck, but we should beat the bombers in rnd 3. So we should beat Rich, Ess and if we can win one more in there we should be O.K. We could then potentialy win 11 out of 15 from then on. With a upset or 2 in amongst that and we will be right up there. Call me an optimist if you wish but I think it is quite achievable.

Being the 'off-season' I'm very optimistic atm that we can go 3-0 b4 our captain is available.

Brisbane at the gabba will be the toughest in the first 3 rounds although we are missing juddy (and of course our former ff) we are getting back waitey. Warnock hopefully will be ready to go, we should have jamo back at fb and I'm assuming on what they've shown in their careers already our kids will naturally improve. Throw in a couple of decent off season pickups already, i can see us beating brissy. I still feel someway fev owes us for what happened because there were no winners so im praying that he 'sprays' a few, has an off night/starts getting shitty with the delivery, stops chasing cause the lions midfield is only kicking him the ball 50% of the time compared to the 95% he was use to and really introduces himself to the gabba crowd.

It's really pants wetting exciting times at our club, our high draft picks are nearly about to fully develop into their bodies (kreuze and some of the other kids from more recent drafts still have 2-3 years to fill out). We have the kpf we needed for the post fev era which has been fast tracked a few seasons.

Main part of the draw im not happy about as a supporter is that we have to travel twice to perth at the end of the season including rd 22. But yeah with the flexible fixture hopefully that helps a bit.

Cant wait till 2010. Go blue boys.

p.s. when will collingwood get a 'bad' draw?

If we can't beat a Lloyd-less, Lucas-less and Lovett-less Essendon twice next year I will seriously consider giving up football and following rythmic gymnastics.

it will be funny seeing you in a tutu later this year .:D

seriously you do have a good draw , it depends on how much losing Fevola will have re your fwd set ups

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Swann's comment on the Draw ...............

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86520/default.aspx

"It is great for our supporters that 19 of our games will be shown on free-to-air television, 10 of those being in prime time. This is a positive reflection by the broadcasters on the development of the club in recent years.

"The home game against Geelong at the MCG on the Anzac Day Monday holiday is a stand-alone game and should be a great game with a huge crowd and big television audience.

"The five interstate matches are spread throughout the season and they are certainly balanced out with eight matches in a row in Melbourne during the middle of the season, seven of these being home games." - chief executive Greg Swann

Starty me likey.

Tough assignment but more than capable of putting off some upsets.

Ratts better be fine tuning that game plan. Lose Fev but still have some very nice cattle that would do Farmer Joe very nicely.

1 Richmond MCG WIN
2 Brisbane Lions Gabba WIN
3 Essendon MCG WIN
4 Adelaide AAMI Stadium LOSS
5 Geelong Cats MCG LOSS
6 Collingwood MCG 50/50
7 St Kilda Etihad Stadium LOSS
8 Port Adelaide AAMI Stadium WIN
9 Hawthorn Etihad Stadium 50/50
10 West Coast Eagles Etihad Stadium WIN
11 Melbourne MCG WIN
12 North Melbourne Etihad Stadium WIN
13 Fremantle Etihad Stadium WIN
14 Brisbane Lions Etihad Stadium WIN
15 Western Bulldogs Etihad Stadium 50/50
16 Sydney Swans Etihad Stadium WIN
17 West Coast Eagles Subiaco Oval WIN
18 Collingwood MCG 50/50
19 Essendon MCG WIN
20 Richmond MCG WIN
21 Geelong Cats Etihad Stadium LOSS
22 Fremantle Subiaco Oval WIN

So my guess is around the 14 wins.

I'm optimistic about our run home, which makes up for the tough start.

Our forward line might need a bit of time to function properly together, so you could argue that it is an advantage to have our tough games during this period, to ensure we don't drop any games we should win.

Still, those first 3 games are really crucial now, which makes it that much more frustrating that we will be missing Judd.

Even if we don't win too many in that first third of the draw, our run home should see us sneak into finals at least. If we manage to cause a few upsets in those early rounds, then watch out - top 4 here we come.

EDIT: None of our first 3 rounds can be pencilled in IMO. While I can see us winning all 3, I can also see us walking away with just 1 win.

1 Richmond MCG Another Great Start (W)
2 Brisbane Lions Gabba Tough game but winable (L)
3 Essendon MCG Hoodoo breaker (W)
4 Adelaide AAMI Stadium Cant see us winning (L)
5 Geelong Cats MCG Tough but winable (L)
6 Collingwood MCG Another tough but winable game (W)
7 St Kilda Etihad Stadium Yet another tough game (L)
8 Port Adelaide AAMI Stadium Definately back on winners list (W)
9 Hawthorn Etihad Stadium Could be season defining (W)
10 West Coast Eagles Etihad Stadium Too strong for them at home(W)
11 Melbourne MCG Cant see them troubling us (W)
12 North Melbourne Etihad Stadium Rebuilding hold no fear now(W)
13 Fremantle Etihad Stadium So long as we dont get too cocky (W)
14 Brisbane Lions Etihad Stadium The roll continues (W)
15 Western Bulldogs Etihad Stadium Their hoodoo broken (L)
16 Sydney Swans Etihad Stadium The bounce back (W)
17 West Coast Eagles Subiaco Oval We should still have eneough (W)
18 Collingwood MCG Could go either way (L)
19 Essendon MCG The monkey off (W)
20 Richmond MCG Percenertage boost (W)
21 Geelong Cats Etihad Stadium Toughen up for September (L)
22 Fremantle Subiaco Oval Gentle warm down for finals (W)

15 wins, massive respect by round 13 after a huge mid season run that puts us up near the top and we then fall away a little to finish 4th.

Optimistic but very do able. GO BLUES

Like a few posters have already suggested - a tough run early, but a terrific run from round 8 onwards when we play Port in AAMI, through to round 13 vs Fremantle at Etihad, a winnable game against the Doggies in round 14, and no reason why we could win more that we lose all the way to round 21 vs Geelong.

Also great to hear that of the 22 games, 19 of ours are on FTA. :thumbsu:

Hi guys and girls.

I've updated my fixture builder with the 2010 dates.

It builds CSV, iCal and PDF fixtures to import into Outlook/Thunderbird/Google Calendar/etc. Obviously the PDF is for printing!

You can customise your calendars, set reminders, categories, etc.

I have also built iCal (ics) calendars you can subscribe to, which will be updated with scores etc. once the season has started.

To create a customised calendar, go to: http://www.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?start=2010&end=2010&type=ha&code=afl

and to subscribe to 2010 calendars, go to: http://offsite.thismonkey.com/fixtures/afl/calendars/aus/2010/index.html

Please leave feedback if you like it, hate it, or think it needs improvement.

(You can find other football codes at http://www.thismonkey.com)

Thanks,
Go Pies,
Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back