Autopsy 2023 Round 1 DRAW. Ugly Blues still can't close out games

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the difference in this case is that it's not about our football performance or the governance of the club or anything like that. It's just gossip.

It’s not the 80s anymore. Coverage of the club extends far beyond governance and on field performance.

If they’re uncomfortable with that, that’s fine, but they’re in the wrong industry.

Past champions and their relationship with the club is a talking point. This case is obviously magnified given the surname and the occasion.

Now there are some people out there (the Kardashians of the world) who like nothing better than to have others gossiping about them. But when someone makes it clear they don't want to be gossiped about, as Ben has in this instance, I consider it good form to respect their wishes.
And to that I say bad luck.

Club legend, most famous surname in club history, significant occasion.

They’re naive if they didn’t think it was going to be talked about.

And they’re plain dumb if they thought anyone would genuinely believe Stephen was “too tired”.

Stephen is old enough to fend for himself, he doesn’t need his son - who, frankly, comes across as a complete moron - defending him on social media.

Are people capable of being disappointed about a result, and then constructively criticise without adding hate or being nasty anymore?

A player makes a mistake as many players on all teams often do, and its like theyve personally done it to spite you.

I dont get it

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
According to some of the "experts" i've been reading around the place, Collingwood are certs for the flag and we are apparently doomed to another season of failure!

Well last year we only lost twice in our first ten games, only to win just four more games for the rest of the year. This team has it's issues which need to be rectified, but there's plenty of time to fix them.

I'd imagine the plan is to have this team firing on all cylinders for the latter half of the year imo.

It’s not the 80s anymore. Coverage of the club extends far beyond governance and on field performance.

If they’re uncomfortable with that, that’s fine, but they’re in the wrong industry.

Past champions and their relationship with the club is a talking point. This case is obviously magnified given the surname and the occasion.
That's not the result of some inevitable force of nature. It's the result of individual fans making choices about what they want to talk about (and yes, the media who then try to cater to the choices of individual fans). For my part, I choose not to elevate any personal desire to engage in gossip above the wishes of the subject of that gossip.

Clearly you have a different perspective though, so happy to leave it there.

And we sure as hell know it’s not because he was “tired”.
Do "we"? I would prefer it if you didn't include me in your statement.
he doesn’t need his son - who, frankly comes across as a moron....
That is an unacceptable insult to use for any human.

Do "we"? I would prefer it if you didn't include me in your statement.
Yeah we do. We being the majority, but obviously I can’t account for everyone.

I did provide that caveat in an earlier post.

You’re more than welcome to believe he was too tired, if you so choose.

That is an unacceptable insult to use for any human.

Ok. Thanks for the feedback.

Our midfield is still not fleet-footed enough.

Add Walsh and Cunners, suddenly we become well balanced.
2 Midfielders and 2 Medium forwards, two areas of requirement we need an injection of scoreboard impact class skill and speed which IMO we have a clear deficiency in, drafting in these types should be the list areas focus…
With a handful of long term recurring injured players on their last chance we will also definitely need to replace other positional types for the long term betterment of the list as well…

Yep. SOS is a former player and former list manager. The key word is “former”. I don’t have the energy for anyone that isn’t employed by this football club. I also think that JSOS gives less of a s**t about it than some of our supporters or members of the media.
Jack has enjoyed the benefit of the history, the club promotes it, and we have been drawn into the romance and heritage surrounding it

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

“It’s one thing to teach, it’s another thing to learn. Lochie O’Brien had no idea what he was doing late in the game. No idea. ‘Dumb players get you sacked’ is a Robert Walls-ism. He would’ve been furious this morning.” I just read this, quite telling. I feel that Carlton do not have many players that posses a high football I.Q. In fact, we seem to have more than our fair share of dumb footballers.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree. I think it's why Holland and Cowans got a game. Seeing them live you can tell they just have high footy IQ. Was exciting to watch them

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

A fair bit of over reaction to Thursday’s first game.

Listening to a few podcasts you’d assume the world had ended.

We played poorly in a scrappy game - Richmond pride themselves on not providing a rhythm teams can work with & it showed.

Let’s move on - we didn’t lose our promising list after one week.

FYI - in the 8 after week one.

Move on!
Disagree. In isolation maybe, but after the way we finished last year I wanted to see them burning for the win. They looked like they didn't care, hadn't learned anything and it really stunk! Cripps laughing after the game aggravated me too.

Look how some of our rivals approached their games. Even my wife mentioned it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. In isolation maybe, but after the way we finished last year I wanted to see them burning for the win. They looked like they didn't care, hadn't learned anything and it really stunk! Cripps laughing after the game aggravated me too.

A woman having an opinion? On sport? Come on.....

Yes I wanted that also, I’m sure the players intent is strong, it will come. Cripps admitted he didn’t know how to feel - I wouldn’t tie him up by his toes for that :).

Last edited:
Was his first competitive game other than a praccy.
He probably needed the run.

Yeah he made some mistakes but he also saved us just as many times.

Give the bloke a chance

We've given him a stack of money for years for basically doing nothing.

Think he's been given more than a fair chance to perform.

LOBs kick would have to have travelled 60m and hit him lace out.

Those Richmond defenders were there. They didn't just appear when the ball was about to land on H's head.

An earlier kick wouldnt have got to H.
Also considering the ball rolled as he was bouncing it too.

I was hoping LOB would let it roll OOB.
(Same as a ruckman or tall killing a late down the line kick)

If i was critical of him it would be for that.

None of us were in the moment though and sht happens.

Round one!
We'll be ok

Yeah, I was harsh in the moment. Acres takes that mark and it’s a different story too. Motlop hold on to the ball. And the band plays on…

We need to be better in close games, there will be a lot of them.

Too tired to walk in and be part of the celebrations even a 15 minute cameo? Please

Loved SOS as a player, but these grudges he holds onto are childish, especially considering the circumstances
Some people take longer to build bridges..but I hear ya.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 1 DRAW. Ugly Blues still can't close out games

Back