2010 Fixtures

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, we've only got one Friday night game. The round 22 fixture has everyone currently on Friday, it's unlikely we'll end up getting that slot.

And no Saturday night home games either. :confused:

Pretty shit fixture from a marketing perspective IMO.

We got 2 Friday night matchs @ Subi

Collingwood & Carlton

We got 2 Friday night matchs @ Subi

Collingwood & Carlton

Round 22 is the floating fixture NF, all 8 games for round 22 are currently listed as Friday night. The only way we'll end up playing that game on a Friday night is if we go in with 11+ wins and Carlton are top 4 and kick up a stink about travelling in round 22.

No games at the MCG is a complete farce. As a Freo supporter in Melbourne -- that is always the highlight -- doesn't matter who we play. Etihad is like a basketball stadium. Shattered. Wonder if the players feel the same?

Im with you SG, pissed off about the 6 games at Etihad... We cant even win one game there let alone 2 or 3 that we need to be competive on the ladder in the coming years.

As a Melbourne based memeber, only 6 games next year does that mean my memebership will be cheaper becasue of fewer games? I doubt it..... :(

If we go on this years form, rounds 4 to 12 is going to be very painful:(

Round 4 - Saturday, April 25 - St Kilda (Etihad Stadium)
Round 5 - Sunday, May 2 - Richmond (Subiaco)
Round 6 - Sunday, May 2 - West Coast (Subiaco)
Round 7 - Saturday, May 8 - Brisbane (Gabba)
Round 8 - Friday, May 14 - Collingwood (Subiaco)
Round 9 - Saturday, May 22 - Sydney (SCG)
Round 10 - Sunday, May 30 - North Melbourne (Subiaco)
Round 11 - Saturday, June 5 - Adelaide (AAMI)
Round 12 - Sunday, June 13 - St Kilda (Subiaco)

Why do we play WC then go up to Brisbane?? Come back to Collingwood and then have to get on a plane to Sydney! North Melbourne will just have to run out to win, we'll be stuffed.

Round 22 is the floating fixture NF, all 8 games for round 22 are currently listed as Friday night. The only way we'll end up playing that game on a Friday night is if we go in with 11+ wins and Carlton are top 4 and kick up a stink about travelling in round 22.

that kinda sucks... a floating round. At least we'll be at home though

It is very shit we don't play at the MCG at all. Thats were all the most important games are played... piss weak AFL

The amount of Sunday games at Subiaco is my only major gripe. As far as the rest of the draw goes, well, it's pretty much par for the course. The AFL don't care about fairness in the fixture, it's all about the Benjamins baby.

The first 22 rounds look tough but we should be right after that.;)
We would want to get better at playing Etihad Stadium, no Peake might help. We played our worst footy at the MCG this year (Melb/Coll) so maybe it's a good thing - we probably won't need the finals practice anyway.
SCG against a new look Swans doesn't seem so bad (except if Goodes kicks 8 again) with our developing contested ball style of play. I don't think the players ever believe they can win against J Brown at the GABBA so I might tape that one and erase it later.:p
And what the hell did we do to have our persona non grata status withdrawn in Tassie???

1. ADELAIDE - SUN - Subi
2. ESSENDON - SUN - Etihad
3. GEELONG - SUN - Subi
4. St.Kilda - SUN - Etihad

5. RICHMOND - SUN - Subi
6. WEST COAST - SUN - Subi (A)
7. BRISBANE - SAT - Gabba
8. COLLINGWOOD - FRI - Subi
9. SYDNEY - SAT - SCG
10. NORTH MELBOURNE - SUN - Subi
11. ADELAIDE - SAT - AAMI
12. St.Kilda - SUN - Subi
13. CARLTON - SAT - Etihad

Red = loss .... Green = win .... Grey = 50/50

I think Harvey would be very nervous about the first 3 months. To play both Saints and Adelaide twice in the first 13 rounds is not ideal.

The only games above I would pencil us in for a win would be Richmond and North. And of all the others the only games I give us a chance are WC and Collingwood, and even then they would be favourites right now (however meaningless that might be).

It might be worst case scenario, but I can easily see us being 2-11 at Round 13, and I think that would be the end of Harvey. If we get to 4-9, that might be the par score for him to keep his job at least until the end of the year.

I reckon we can (theoretically) win our first three.

Adelaide at Subi - yeah they thumped us at AAMI, but earlier in the year we played awfully for 2.5 quarters, and they only really overcame us in the end.

Essendon at Docklands - WHY we can't beat this lot at Docklands confuses me. We're better than em, IMO. We just don't have the bottle.

Geelong at Subi - been very close to them the last two games there.

If things are going pear-shaped to that point then I fear for what St Kilda will do to us at Etihad.

Floating fixture will never work because you can't pick who is going to finish where.

That's the point though. Instead of locking in the matches 10 months in advance leave it open and settle on who plays when at the end of July/start of August.

It's probable that two of the 8 teams that will play finals will have to play on Sunday in round 22 anyway but atleast the sides in the top 4 will be looked after unlike this year.

Pencil in the Melbourne v North Melbourne match as the twilight game on Sunday round 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just goes to show you how little the networks in Melbourne care about showing our games. 1 Friday night and one on Sunday on 7, another Sat night game on TenHD. The rest are on Fox.

Happy we got the Anzac game though, we might actually beat Richmond this year.
And if we do OK in the first half on the year, our run home isn't looking too bad.

As always, we have to travel to QLD. Sorry QLD Freo supporters but I'm sick of having to go there! (Well, sick of the team having to go there)

Well i'm just sick off watching a go-through-the-motions pathetic effort that EVERY single game we have ever played in Brissy, has been. Nothing wrong with the place at all. The ground is fine. The weather is usually good. But our players treat going to Brissy like a mid season break and don't show up. (Please guys prove me wrong!!!!) No wins ever v Brisbane (and only our first ever win in Qld this year against Carlton at Carrara) is an ABSOLUTLEY PATHETIC effort. No other words can describe it. PATHETIC.

If we are to be taken seriously as a football team then we have to win games such as this one in Brisbane.

I'm calling this one early. I dont care if J.Brown and ten of his mates are out and we are at full strength, mark this one down as a win for Brissy.

:eek:
Adelaide, Geelong and St Kilda in the first month..

Ripper has said before, and it's a good point, that it's sometimes beneficial to play the good teams early before they get going.

That may or may not be true but I think I'd still rather the eagles first month and a bit:

Brisbane
Port
North
Ess
Sydney

The AFL has done their best to spoonfeed them some early wins. Lucky we'll be there in R6 to give them a reality check.

Wow, could we get a worse start to the season? Absolutely unlucky as. The only thing I like about it is that we start and finish with home games.

No games at the MCG just plain sucks, and it isn't fair.

But the positive is that we should be very comfortable at Etihad. Our first 5 games go Subi, Etihad, Subi, Etihad, Subi. And we play all 4 away games between rounds 13 and 19 at Etihad. So it should almost become a home away from home. And in the end, while it would be nice to get more experience at the MCG, it should be better for our record to play at the one stadium.

Also on a more personal note, only one game at AAMI Stadium. We've played in Adelaide twice a year for ages now, but now it stops, which is a bit odd given it is the shortest away trip for the WA teams. Suffice to say I'm not particularly happy....:mad:

Hi guys and girls.

I've updated my fixture builder with the 2010 dates.

It builds CSV, iCal and PDF fixtures to import into Outlook/Thunderbird/Google Calendar/etc. Obviously the PDF is for printing!

You can customise your calendars, set reminders, categories, etc.

I have also built iCal (ics) calendars you can subscribe to, which will be updated with scores etc. once the season has started.

To create a customised calendar, go to: http://www.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?start=2010&end=2010&type=ha&code=afl

and to subscribe to 2010 calendars, go to: http://offsite.thismonkey.com/fixtures/afl/calendars/aus/2010/index.html

Please leave feedback if you like it, hate it, or think it needs improvement.

(You can find other football codes at http://www.thismonkey.com)

Thanks,
Go Pies,
Scott

1. ADELAIDE - SUN - Subi
2. ESSENDON - SUN - Etihad
3. GEELONG - SUN - Subi
4. St.Kilda - SUN - Etihad
5. RICHMOND - SUN - Subi
6. WEST COAST - SUN - Subi (A)
7. BRISBANE - SAT - Gabba
8. COLLINGWOOD - FRI - Subi
9. SYDNEY - SAT - SCG
10. NORTH MELBOURNE - SUN - Subi
11. ADELAIDE - SAT - AAMI
12. St.Kilda - SUN - Subi
13. CARLTON - SAT - Etihad
14. PORT ADELAIDE - SAT - Subi
15. RICHMOND - SAT - Etihad
16. MELBOURNE - SUN - Subi
17. BULLDOGS - SUN - Etihad
18. WEST COAST - SUN - Subi (H)
19. NORTH MELBOURNE - SAT - Etihad
20. Sydney - SAT - Subi
21. HAWTHORN - SAT - Aurora
22. CARLTON - FRI - Subi

Overall, I'm not too diappointed with the draw. Yes yes I know we've got those 6 day breaks again and to Brisbane and Etihad after the derby, I get it, that sucks. But it would be tough to win at the Gabba regardless. We only play 3 finalists from last year twice which is really good. We should win a fair few of our home games this year, especially Richmond, West Coast, Melbourne and our record against Carlton is very good. Anywho, overall I'm fairly happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Fixtures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back