2010 Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

We will be lucky to get to 41K by the 30th June which is the cut off date Harks.

No 41K this year, Aphrodite.
We knew we'd slip back somewhat for some of the changes over pre-season, but not too bad all considered.

On the back of a noisy finish to this season and a good recruit or two in the off-season and we'll break 45K easily, come next year. :thumbsu:

No 41K this year, Aphrodite.
We knew we'd slip back somewhat for some of the changes over pre-season, but not too bad all considered.

On the back of a noisy finish to this season and a good recruit or two in the off-season and we'll break 45K easily, come next year. :thumbsu:

It was inevitable that our numbers would be reduced this year due to our major change during trade week last year.

As you say Harks, we should get over 45K next year :thumbsu:

Good to see we made the 40k.

I would expect the club to have a target 50k slogan next year, and push hard for it. We are currently 6th in Victoria for membership. We have a massive supporter base and have finished 2nd in attendance the last 3 years....our first semi successful years since leaving PP. We must start chasing hard on signing these people up. My brother was a member last year and hadn't resigned for this year, said he hadn't heard a thing from the club in regards to resigning, no renewel letter, no sms. assumed he lost his seast and didnt bother...from my pushing he signed at a tent on match day, Melbourne game.

The 2009 campaign was great, cheeky slogan plenty of publicity etc and a record membership total. Yes the trade period was going to cost us a little, but we don't work hard enough in chasing up newbies, lapsing members etc, which may of offset that. This years was rubbish, can you smell what the blues are cooking? A slogan taken from a former wrestler. Get out there with something that people will notice and talk about, something that generates discussion like the "They know we're coming" one did.

With Collinwood,Hawthorn well into the 50k mark now, Essendon,Richmond and Geelong all getting bigger totals by the year & Saints at 40k nowadays too. We must get our membership numbers up. 40k seems to be the pass mark now, not that long ago it was 30k.

Anyway just my opinion.

Not necessarily - the way our department processes them we could be well ahead of last years total, but will have to wait until Grand Final day to actually find out.

We could be ahead of last years total as you say, BUT as I mentioned in my post, I doubt that we will get to 41K by the cut off date which is the 30th June.

Disappointing IMO.

Yes we got rid of Fev but so what? We are not a one man team.

The boys, whilst inconsistent (which is going to happen with a young team on the rise), have had a great start to 2010 and surely all supporters can see that.

Get out your wallets peeps and sign-up before June 30!

As at 30th June ............

anfu50.jpg

Hope the Fev frontrunners wake up in time for next season. Then again, maybe there is a groundswell of Fev fans that weren't really Carlton fans and only went to see the Fev show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the impact of the departure of Fevola on our membership numbers this year is bigger than the club realized - and was certainly not addressed by the membership campaign "can you smell what we are cooking". :rolleyes:

Whilst watching the replay last night of the Lions -v- Blues game there was a cut away shot of a member of the crowd cheering a Carlton goal - not unusual except this person was wearing a Lions jumper with Number 5 on the back - however when he turned to the front it was actually a Carlton jumper from the front.:eek:

There are approximately 8000 members from 2009 that have not renewed their memberships - and I wouldnt mind betting that most of them are these types who didnt think twice on spending $300 bucks on a Carlton and Lions Jumper ripping them apart to create the back and front look :rolleyes: - but wouldnt spend $150 on a membership.

The club seriously needs to address this issue for season 2011.

And for the life of me I cant understand these knob end so called "supporters/barrackers" who place the club above the individual - and I speak as a member of over 30 years standing who picked off his number 25 off his jumper 30 years ago when Jezza left the club - Jezza was my hero and absolute idol when I was growing up - but I would have cut my balls off rather than wear any part of a St. Kilda Jumper just because he went there.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Whilst watching the replay last night of the Lions -v- Blues game there was a cut away shot of a member of the crowd cheering a Carlton goal - not unusual except this person was wearing a Lions jumper with Number 5 on the back - however when he turned to the front it was actually a Carlton jumper from the front.:eek:

I would have cut my balls off rather than wear any part of a St. Kilda Jumper just because he went there.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Let's just put that down to this fellow inviting in, his 15 minutes of fame.
Dumb and unfunny and I hope he got home safe, last night.

For anyone feeling they made a statement by not renewing their membership for the sake of FEV: Shame, shame, shame.

I actually got my first membership because Fev left. Carlton are a more exciting prospect now.
Shame to all those 'supporters' who didn't renew because of this and, unfortunately, I know some of them :thumbsdown:

These are the official membership figures from the afl website as at 30th June .......

Our m/ship tally last year was 42,408 so we are down appr 1900 members on last year.

Membership tally

Collingwood 57,408
Hawthorn 53,978
Adelaide 45,545
West Coast Eagles 44,160
Essendon 40,589
Carlton 40,480
Geelong Cats 40,326
Fremantle 39,854
St Kilda 39,021
Richmond 35,960
Melbourne 33,358
Western Bulldogs 32,077
Port Adelaide 29,092
Sydney Swans 28,671
North Melbourne 26,953
Brisbane Lions 26,779

There are approximately 8000 members from 2009 that have not renewed their memberships -
Given that we are only down 1900, that would have to mean we picked up 6000 new members.

The club wouldn't be too upset about that, but we'd want to finish this year off and give a yelp.

I suspect the 8000 is overtstated.

I still think there was a significant "Fev" factor in our fall in membership this season - this can be addressed somewhat with a significant improvement "on-field (jury still out) and a better membership campaign.

These are the official membership figures from the afl website as at 30th June .......

Our m/ship tally last year was 42,408 so we are down appr 1900 members on last year.

Membership tally

Collingwood 57,408
Hawthorn 53,978
Adelaide 45,545
West Coast Eagles 44,160
Essendon 40,589
Carlton 40,480
Geelong Cats 40,326
Fremantle 39,854
St Kilda 39,021
Richmond 35,960
Melbourne 33,358
Western Bulldogs 32,077
Port Adelaide 29,092
Sydney Swans 28,671
North Melbourne 26,953
Brisbane Lions 26,779

It would seem that 40k is the norm now.

*bit of a worry there for the Roos, nearly 6k behind next lowest in Vic...the Dogs.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back