2010 Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

The only calls I get from the club are to buy expensive raffle tickets.

the only calls i got from the club are stupid spam calls from energy and gas. when asked, how the F*** did you get my personal number, they respond "the club gave it to us". that gave me the shits...so i called the club and gave them a mouth full...no more calls after that......

Thats very sad that only 400 members in 3 weeks.I cant believe it is all due to Fev,something terribly wrong,cant our supporters see we are on the way up,and also annoyed that the tigers have more members than us :mad:

i think everyone should stop complaining about people not buying memberships coz of fev. im sure that is not the case with most people. i havent bought one this year because im a uni student who has just bought a house and needs every last cent that i can get atm. i also find it hard to get to games this year as im working long shifts over the weekends.

there are a number of other reasons why people may not have signed up, we just had the GFC, so it may have woken a few people up, and made them realize that there job isnt safe (if they didnt lose their job already) so they have reassesed their spendings and decided that the few hundred dollars isnt a viable option this year.

in the end, the problem is the club and their membership department. as many people have said, they are fairly average in the way that they work. the club should invest more time and money into getting more people to sign up and getting more people following the game. why is it that collingwood and hawthorne have been able to easily sign up 50000 members and we are struggling to get to 40000. the club has to stop relying on the loyalty of supporters to buy memberships, it should get off their asses and start to convince people to buy memberships.

yes on field success plays a role in buying memberships, but hawthorne didn't make the finals last year, and looked like they were going to be a bottom four side this year until 2 weeks ago, but they have well over 50000 members (who cares if they are crappy 3 game memberships for people from tassie, at least they are getting more supporters interested in footy, and more money flowing into the club). the club has come a long way in the past few years, and they are working really hard to get the club into a good position financial so that it can return back to the top, where it should be. but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done to get people spending their hard earned cash on a membership.

personally, i think that the best way to get people signing on is to make the supporters feel as though they are part of the club. i would say that the club hasn't made an effort to make me feel as though i belong to the club, but i have never really attempted to make myself part of the club. surely it cant be too hard to organise a few events throughout the year where all the members are invited, and there will be a couple of players attending (other than the usual B'n'F and jumper presentation night). it may even be a way of generating some sort of financial gain for the club.

anyway, thats the end of my little rant.

Very dissapointing effort buy our supporters. Those who have not signed on due FEV should be ashamed of themselves. Is our club diligent enough in this area pro active etc. We are doing all the right things and we should have close to 50 k.

Cmon guys join up good years ahead!!!

Very dissapointing effort buy our supporters. Those who have not signed on due FEV should be ashamed of themselves. Is our club diligent enough in this area pro active etc. We are doing all the right things and we should have close to 50 k.

Cmon guys join up good years ahead!!!

They can go & support the Lions as far as I am concerned chaser.

This time last year we had appr 41k members.

They can go & support the Lions as far as I am concerned chaser.
This time last year we had appr 41k members.

We'll get to 40K and should be reasonably happy to have done so.
We copped the punch in the mouth this year, but let's suggest next year should have us clock over in excess of 45K and a good chance to get it even higher.:thumbsu:

We'll get to 40K and should be reasonably happy to have done so.
We copped the punch in the mouth this year, but let's suggest next year should have us clock over in excess of 45K and a good chance to get it even higher.:thumbsu:

Spot on Harks. :thumbsu:

We are appr 2K down this year as to where we were at the same time last year.

Spot on Harks. :thumbsu:

We are appr 2K down this year as to where we were at the same time last year.

There were people making a mini statement of sorts by not renewing their memberships.
What happens after that moment is gone, it's gone.
Those people are all well and truly back on board but without the membership they may have well purchased in January.

They'll be back next year along with a swell of new signings.
The three amigo's may well have some say in that. The fun is back. ;)

the membership slogan was sh*t this year. this coming from a former wwe fan also.

WTF is "smell what we're cooking"? but what's done is done HOWEVER!

next year's slogan better be "17"

The slogan and imaging was ordinary by anyones standard but it would not have counted for the decline in numbers.

Sadly the AFL, and most of its clubs, largely set out to appeal to an older demographic by way of merchandising, marketting all the way through to that final day in September with the half time entertainment cringe-worthy at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the membership slogan was sh*t this year. this coming from a former wwe fan also.

WTF is "smell what we're cooking"? but what's done is done HOWEVER!

next year's slogan better be "17"

BOO!

If (when) we win the premiership this season, next year's slogan must be:
We came, we smelt, we conquered! :D

Keep it simple:

17_cover_web.jpg

*Pulls collar*

:eek: Just signed up.

Has been a pretty busy and rough year. I also couldn't just renew my membership online as my password hasn't worked from day one. Sent the club emails but never got around to rining the club during "trading" hours. Who is home from 9-5 anyway?

Hopefully a few more "jump on board" in the coming weeks. If we get to fourth I expect it will rise by a bout 400 in a week...

BOO!

If (when) we win the premiership this season, next year's slogan must be:
We came, we smelt, we conquered! :D

Alternately, 'We smelt, we conquered, we came!' :D

We're averaging nearly 60,000 to our home games this year and our membership will instantly jump (possibly as soon as next year) when our 'window' opens. Nothing to worry about. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back