Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

It's embarrassing for the club and surely they will make changes. Rules are rules but reputation is a reputation.

I agree with this, the course is fantastic and have loved both time they gone there for the PGA, has provided some very interesting golf but as Stuart Appleby summed it up in his Twitter feed, no where else in the world would you see the gallery standing in bunkers and to be treated as hazards.

Love the course, looking forward to going back there in 2015.

Before:
index.php

After:
whistling-straits-pga-championship-bunker_t620.jpg

I can understand how DJ wouldn't recognise he was in a bunker, but once you see his surrounds with no spectators, there is no question he was in a bunker.

If Tiger or Phil were in the same situation you could guarantee the gallery wouldn't be as close.

Rookie mistake (Rookie meaning rookie in major contention).

This is a stupid rule.

I dont understand why you cant place you club on the sand if it doesnt disturb anything with the ball.

Also, if there was sand and he wasnt sure, then he should have asked.

Also, why are people in the bunker.

There are sooo many things which are wrong.

This is a stupid rule.

I dont understand why you cant place you club on the sand if it doesnt disturb anything with the ball.

Also, if there was sand and he wasnt sure, then he should have asked.

Also, why are people in the bunker.

There are sooo many things which are wrong.
The rule is there so you cannot test the surface ie Depth / Consistency of sand / mud etc. It makes complete sense.

You are right he should have asked.

People are in the bunker because there is limited space for the spectators to walk.

Feel sorry for Dustin, but he will certainly win a major sooner rather than later. With his game i believe he will get to Worlds Number 1 at some stage.

The rule is there so you cannot test the surface ie Depth / Consistency of sand / mud etc. It makes complete sense.

You are right he should have asked.

People are in the bunker because there is limited space for the spectators to walk.

Okay then. Tbh, that is the first time i ever heard that rule.

Then organisers should have moved those ppl.

The rule is highly overrated in terms of its effect. It should be penalty enough being in the bunker/water hazard etc in the first place and you can test the surface with your feet in any case.

The Tour is losing a lot of face this year due to innocuous rules infractions costing players tournaments. For example Brian Davis losing that tour event a few weeks back due to clipping a weed on his backswing in a hazard does not do a lot to broaden the appeal of the game.

The rule is highly overrated in terms of its effect. It should be penalty enough being in the bunker/water hazard etc in the first place and you can test the surface with your feet in any case.

The Tour is losing a lot of face this year due to innocuous rules infractions costing players tournaments. For example Brian Davis losing that tour event a few weeks back due to clipping a weed on his backswing in a hazard does not do a lot to broaden the appeal of the game.
Yes you can use your feet to test the surface. Therefore you don't need your club to do it, there is also a decent distance from your feet to clubhead and many things in regards to surface can change. I don't agree it is penalty enough being in a hazard, the penalty is being unable to ground your club whilst addressing the ball.

In regards to the Brian Davis ruling that was pretty straight forward also and I commend him for calling it on himself, there is a very good chance he would have got away with it. The fact of the matter was he moved a loose impediment on his backswing, which could have potentially improved his ability to contact the ball.

All these things can be avoided if you stay out of hazards, that is why they are hazards to start with.

Divorce finalised = Tiger time

???

Maybe we have seen the best of him but being a single guy again, which he should be, might see him return to his best or maybe even better it.

I hope not, I want him to fail. What he did was a dog act and I cant wait till he loses his #1 ranking.

Was an interesting playoff. Unlucky for Percy, would of been a career changing win for him. Least it gives him an outside shot of keeping his card but more likely he'lls tay top 150 and conditional status.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back