Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

McDowell got a good writeup pre tourny as a sleeper in some of the golf websites I read, probably was good odds too.

Europeans finally break their 40 odd year drought. Maybe that means we are due at Augusta soon:eek:

Johnson shoots 82 and still managed to crack the top 10.

The europeans were due and good on him.

I think tiger would be happy with this week. He went from spraying it every where to playing controlled golf. I think he is looking forward to playing at st andrews and he looks like he has got look in his eye back

That thought would send shivers down the spine of every man on the planet married to or the father of a 'hottie'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, what a second round at the Open.

Felt sorry for McIlroy, an 80 after leading the Open, ouch.

Louis out in front, by 5 no less.

Will be interesting to see how the weather hits over the final 2 days.

I would love it to be nasty, makes for such a demanding test.

And also great to see the "old girl" that is St Andrews has some bite in here, under the right conditions. Still the standout golf course on the planet.

Awesome achievement and not trying to take anthing away from it, but,, it seems a 59 is treated the same regardless of whether par is 70, 71, 72.
Should this be the case?
The five 59's couldnt all have been on Par 70's like Apples?

11 under par is still a carzy round but eyah i agree with what you are saying, a 59 on a par 72 is a much more larger accomplishment than on a par 70.

Great time for Apples to find hsi form, he needed that win badly. Couldn't be happier for him.

Not only was it a par 70 but it was just over 7000 yards with fairly wide fairways and very soft greens.

When you've got professionals hitting wedges into 10 or 11 of the greens 11 under is not the miracle round the media is making it out to be. Still a bloody good round, just not the historic round people associate with "that number".

Hell, if he had putted better on the back nine he could easily have shot 57 or 56... now that would have been something to really write home about.

EDIT: The fact blokes like DA Points and JB Holmes came very close to breaking 60 in the same week puts the historical context of the round into perspective.

I disagree. The higher the par of the course, the easier it is for todays pro to shoot a low number (conditions permitting of course).

Most pros reach the majority of par 5's in two. The more par 5's, the more eagles and birdies. To do it on a shorter course (less 5's), means that his iron play was superb and he made putts. Anyone can birdie a par 5 when you are putting for a three!

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back