2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who has Trengove ahead of Scully obviously hasn't watched a heap of the Dees this year. Sure Trengove has player some great games, but over the journey Scully has been much more consistent as well as having a few monster games like Trengove.

Hannebery the clear winner. Scully and Rockliff battling it out for second place.

It's interesting to see that in a few weeks Trengove has gone from potential winnner to not even in the votes for some people.

i understand he completed the pre season training he was able to over the summer holidays.... you know... the 8 week ones
I'd be interested to know how you understand this given he only had a visit before the Christmas break and had to leave before the second part of preseason was even halfway through to go back to school.

After last nights game I couldn't give a shit about Hanners getting 2 possessions less than whoever on average a game or 4% differences in disposal efficiency. He got seriously worked over all through the game and didn't falter at all.
Didn't falter at all - only had 8 clangers out of 28 possessions, only 2 inside 50s and zero assists. People just looking at the 28 possessions and thinking shit Hanners killed it again - surely what you do with the ball matters.

I'd be interested to know how you understand this given he only had a visit before the Christmas break and had to leave before the second part of preseason was even halfway through to go back to school.

well, i know that because my cousin went to school with him (year below at xavier) and he told me hannebery said he did pre season work throughout the holidays with sydney.....

Really? I swear he played a couple weeks ago? My bad. Undersatndable then.:eek:

he has played the last 2 weeks, but before that missed 4 games, which is why he will probably not place IMO, his form for the last two games has been alright, but nothing special.

Didn't falter at all - only had 8 clangers out of 28 possessions, only 2 inside 50s and zero assists. People just looking at the 28 possessions and thinking shit Hanners killed it again - surely what you do with the ball matters.

Oh Lord. Didn't watch the game did you? he had 4 disposal clangers out of 28. Definitely a lot worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well, i know that because my cousin went to school with him (year below at xavier) and he told me hannebery said he did pre season work throughout the holidays with sydney.....

So between being drafted, the end of year 11, the week and a bit player break over Christmas and New Years and the start of school again at the start of February he managed to fit in 8 weeks of pre-season training?

pfft....yer and just last week your mob were talking up Garlett to win, how did he go on the weekend against quality opposition?

4 disposal clangers, a couple of which were the result of the intended recipient falling over, not a bad kick.

Add to that the fact that he had 5 clearances and 9 contested possessions, and Hanners' performance was really very good. Not borderline-BOG like a few of his games this year, but I'd say he was in our top 5.

hanners had 63 champion data points, his disposals were not very damaging, that said it was a solid game, but i wouldn't have had him in my top five... think about it this way, Jack Watts had 47 champion data points, but had 19 disposals less than hannebery..... i think he will be a classy player, but this game was not one of his best IMO ( i did watch it, just using champion stats to back it up) ... on another note i think Scully is pushing his case, but i still think hanners has it wrapped up

1. Hannebery
2. Scully
3. Rockliff
4. Bastinac
5. Trengove (hopefully they take into account his early season form)

hanners had 63 champion data points, his disposals were not very damaging, that said it was a solid game, but i wouldn't have had him in my top five... think about it this way, Jack Watts had 47 champion data points, but had 19 disposals less than hannebery..... i think he will be a classy player, but this game was not one of his best IMO ( i did watch it, just using champion stats to back it up) ... on another note i think Scully is pushing his case, but i still think hanners has it wrapped up

1. Hannebery
2. Scully
3. Rockliff
4. Bastinac

He had 63 CD points because FAs, some unlucky disposals and a poor set shot at goal which went OOF added up. Sure, his disposal wasn't super damaging, but it was solid (far more so than his Freo game).

hanners had 63 champion data points, his disposals were not very damaging, that said it was a solid game, but i wouldn't have had him in my top five... think about it this way, Jack Watts had 47 champion data points, but had 19 disposals less than hannebery..... i think he will be a classy player, but this game was not one of his best IMO ( i did watch it, just using champion stats to back it up) ...

I think that is a pretty fair assessment. Watching the game live I thought he'd been relatively ordinary, not realising quite how much of the ball he'd had and with his handful of disposal clangers quite apparent. Watching the game on replay, I actually think he had a pretty good game because the huge amount of work he did around the packs and his first releasing handballs became more apparent. But overall, it wasn't his most damaging game - he has certainly played better games.

1. Hannebery
2. Scully
3. Rockliff
4. Bastinac
Not sure whether Trengove will get any points ooks like either Garlett, Reid or Stratton will take them away from him. Shame he looked liked winning it for a period.:thumbsu:

I think Martin would be a pretty clear 2nd if eligible. Hannebery has been the best of them though.

Ok well that's that wrapped up IMO. Would take a big game by either Scully, Trengove or Bastinac to change the placings.

Here my final votes:

5. Daniel Hannebery
4. Tom Rockliff
3. Tom Scully
2. Ryan Bastinac
1. Jack Trengove

37 goals from 19 games for Garlett. A phenomenal achievement for a guy in his second season of football.

To put it into perspective, he's averaged more goals this season than the following players ever have:

Best efforts:
Milne: 2.54 goals/game, 2005
Garlett: 1.94 goals/game, 2010
Betts: 1.90, 2010
Didak: 1.78, 2006
Cloke: 1.74, 2008
Schneider: 1.62, 2010
Davis: 1.53, 2006

His tackle numbers are better than all those bar Schneider's and Davis's too.

Lot of good players this season but as far as small forwards go, his season has been brilliant. Wouldn't look at all out of place in the top 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back