2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed most of it with injury.

ffs why does everyone have to try and put him down after a good performance for a youngster. All these back handed compliments.

I love it how once he has a high possession game he all of sudden becomes an average accumulator yet has averaged less disposals than the other contenders. He is going to be a class player, not an accumulator. Go and watch the Hawthorn game from earlier in the year. He has more class than guys like Palmer did.

Up untiltoday I thought Scully was coming home strong, he still is. But geez the boy Hanneberry had an awesome game today, especially in an important game. Hanneberry has it in the bag I think!

He has had an extra pre season compared to those 2

Drafted a year earlier.

How could he of done an extra Pre Season with us when he stayed in Melbourne to complete his VCE at Xavier last year? Came up to Sydney during his two school holidays during the season to get an understanding for the club set up and play in our Reserves team and got called into the Senior Team on the last weekend of his school holidays after impressing in his 5th Reserves match and stayed in the team for the rest of the year flying to meet up with the team each week after the end of the school week.

So year he played a few Senior Matches last year, but he didn't have a Pre Season or anything past 4 weeks of training with the club to gain an improvement over this years first year players.

How could he of done an extra Pre Season with us when he stayed in Melbourne to complete his VCE at Xavier last year? Came up to Sydney during his two school holidays during the season to get an understanding for the club set up and play in our Reserves team and got called into the Senior Team on the last weekend of his school holidays after impressing in his 5th Reserves match and stayed in the team for the rest of the year flying to meet up with the team each week after the end of the school week.

So year he played a few Senior Matches last year, but he didn't have a Pre Season or anything past 4 weeks of training with the club to gain an improvement over this years first year players.

i understand he completed the pre season training he was able to over the summer holidays.... you know... the 8 week ones

Missed most of it with injury.

ffs why does everyone have to try and put him down after a good performance for a youngster. All these back handed compliments.

I love it how once he has a high possession game he all of sudden becomes an average accumulator yet has averaged less disposals than the other contenders. He is going to be a class player, not an accumulator. Go and watch the Hawthorn game from earlier in the year. He has more class than guys like Palmer did.
The Hawthorn game was better than today given Hanners effect on the scoreboard in that game compared to today's game. Scully's game against the Dogs - from a first year player was certainly quite incredible. Will be interesting to see how Scully finishes off the year.

What is certain though is that the judges will have not have seen enough of the potential winners, just look at the imbeciles on the panel.

If Garlett is top 5 I will be very surprised. I will use one of my players as an example (why not, everyone else does..) Ben Reid has held down CHB all year and looked very good which is an infinitely harder position to perform in than fwd pocket.

If Garlett is top 5 I will be very surprised. I will use one of my players as an example (why not, everyone else does..) Ben Reid has held down CHB all year and looked very good which is an infinitely harder position to perform in than fwd pocket.

Forward pocket is a very hard position to play. :confused:

Goal return from small forwards:
LeCras: 60
Johnson: 53
Milne: 45
Betts: 41
Didak: 34
Garlett: 34
Schneider: 33
Ballantyne: 32
Ebert: 30

Didak and Johnson I wouldn't classify as small forwards, while LeCras plays tall. So of the genuine small forwards, Garlett is 3rd or 4th for goals kicked.

He also has more tackles than all of the above, despite missing 3 games.

Underrated player, is Garlett.

Fwd pocket is the easiest position on the ground. Opportunistic goals are the key. He is good but nowhere near the other RS contenders.
Maybe I am underrating him based on how poorly he played against us twice this year though..

Talking more about the competition... that year there was also Rioli, Jack, Cotchin, Tippett, Kreuzer, Riewoldt... guess we know bugger all so far though..

You're combining a few drafts there.... Kieren Jack (2005)? If it's Grimes I'll give it to you. Tippet and Riewoldt were both in the previous draft.

Edit: Apologies... Talking RS not Drafts.

You're combining a few drafts there.... Kieren Jack (2005)? If it's Grimes I'll give it to you. Tippet and Riewoldt were both in the previous draft.

Edit: Apologies... Talking RS not Drafts.

Yeah.. talking the RS class.

Forward pocket is a very hard position to play. :confused:

Goal return from small forwards:
LeCras: 60
Johnson: 53
Milne: 45
Betts: 41
Didak: 34
Garlett: 34
Schneider: 33
Ballantyne: 32
Ebert: 30

Didak and Johnson I wouldn't classify as small forwards, while LeCras plays tall. So of the genuine small forwards, Garlett is 3rd or 4th for goals kicked.

He also has more tackles than all of the above, despite missing 3 games.

Underrated player, is Garlett.
I agree Garlett is underrated and has had a great year but from what you've said how many "genuine small forwards" are there in the league that he's competing with? By your definition the Dees don't have one this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannebery has pretty ordinary disposal. I would prefer Rockliff in my team than Hannebery.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back