2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Bastinac is getting no love because he plays for North and wasn't a top 5 selection. He has been every bit as impressive as Trengove this year. But make no mistake i think Trengove is a jet and is sure for a long, prosperous career.

gb:eek:

Bastinac is getting no love because he plays for North and wasn't a top 5 selection. He has been every bit as impressive as Trengove this year. But make no mistake i think Trengove is a jet and is sure for a long, prosperous career.

gb:eek:
This is not a knock on Bastinac but Hannebery was a lower pick than Bastinac and plays in Sydney so why is he favourite alongside Trengove? Because has been good enough where as Bastinac will most likely come 4th or 5th.

ha ha - touchy little ****er, aren't you? Made all the more funny considering the way eagles supporters carried on about their young guys over the past couple of seasons...the same young guys who are proving to be quite obviously poo.

Anyway, back to topic. Bastinac and Trengove have performed at a very similar level this year from what i have seen. This is backed up by the key stats (i.e. inside 50s, goal assists, goals contributed, kicks).

You are entitled to a different opinion, but holding onto that opinion will not change the fact you are wrong.
Interesting. I'll just check.

Seems Bastinac averages fewer: disposals, marks, goals, tackles and hit out per game than Trengove.

I’ll just go check Basta vs. Scully out of interest. Oh dear, same result.

Seems Bastinac averages fewer: disposals, marks, goals, tackles and hit out per game than Trengove.

I’ll just go check Basta vs. Scully out of interest. Oh dear, same result.

Hit outs? LOL.

Scully averages 2 more disposals, Trengove 1.1 more disposals. Big difference.:rolleyes:

Bastinac averages more trivial stats, like clearances and has had less TOG than both Melbourne players.

BTW, both Melbourne boys lead the way in skill errors.

Otherwise, there's bugger all between them.

Hit outs? LOL.

Scully averages 2 more disposals, Trengove 1.1 more disposals. Big difference.:rolleyes:

Bastinac averages more trivial stats, like clearances and has had less TOG than both Melbourne players.

BTW, both Melbourne boys lead the way in skill errors.

Otherwise, there's bugger all between them.
And both those Melbourne players stand out more than Bastinac for a reason - because they are better players. From what I've seen of Bastinac he doesn't have any great qualities. He's not tall, he's not fast he can win the hardball yes but wow you've got another Priddis :rolleyes:

Bastinac averages more kicks, more inside 50s, more goal assists and more goals contributed. He is doing things with his possessions and doing it by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dustin Martin has been most impressive but is ineligible.
I really have liked Jack Trengove so I will go him.
Dont write off Freos Nat Fyfe he is a real smokey and has been much better than plenty on the list. He has been very good for Freo, absolute freakish talent

Where's the Tom Swift option ?

Didn't he win the corresponding poll preseason ?:eek:

He has been a bit of a let down.

Most of us thought it would be out of Swift, Hurley and Ziebell.

None of those three look like finishing top 5.

Anyway, the whole thing looks to be down to 4 players. Hanneberry from Trengove, then Scully with Bastinac nipping at their heels. I can't see the winner coming from anywhere else and I would be surprised if those 4 don't fill the top 4 places.

Rockliff.

2rmvamd.jpg

Don't know if he'll win it but Scully has impressed me the most. Love how quickly he moves mind and body, absolutely see him becoming elite.

Very open this season, anyone of 4-6 could win it: Melbourne duo, hanners, bastinac, Fyfe

Anyway, the whole thing looks to be down to 4 players. Hanneberry from Trengove, then Scully with Bastinac nipping at their heels. I can't see the winner coming from anywhere else and I would be surprised if those 4 don't fill the top 4 places.

I think you're right, but I doubt Hannebery will win it as he's been less consistent than the other three. You must be very happy with Bastinac as he's given the best value for money.

It will be interesting to see how Naitanui finishes now that the ridiculous hype has diminished.

I think you're right, but I doubt Hannebery will win it as he's been less consistent than the other three. You must be very happy with Bastinac as he's given the best value for money.

It will be interesting to see how Naitanui finishes now that the ridiculous hype has diminished.
You sure? Hannebery was a lower pick than Basta

Just out of curiosity guys.. I believe that Supercoach stats do actually tell us about how much of an impact a player is having..

Supercoach takes into account 'everything' about 'the stat itself'..

With this in mind, here are some of the top players supercoach averages for the year.

13 Games Played:
Nicholad Naitanui - 72.8
David Zaharakis - 71.7
Jack Redden - 71.6
Ryan Bastinac - 71.5
Jack Ziebell - 66.4
Todd Banfield - 61.0
Anthony Morabito - 50.2

12 Games Played:
Dustin Martin - 79.1
Jack Trengove - 74.9
Tom Scully - 64.3

11 Games Played:
Daniel Hannebury - 81.7
Ben Stratton - 62.8

10 Games Played or Less:
Tom Rockliff (10 games) - 79.9
Nate Fyfe (9 games) - 79.4
Mitch Robinson (8 games) - 78.6
Chris Schmidt (8 games) - 74.0
Jarrad Grant (9 games) - 70.6
Jordie Mcenzie (10 games) 70.1
Jeffrey Garlett (10 games) - 67.1
Jordan Gysberts (3 games) 67.0 * watch for 2011 ;)
Ben Reid (10 games) - 66.0
Michael Hurley (10 games) - 64.7
Christopher Yarran (10 games) - 64.6

So with that in mind, the 'supercoach' report would be in favour of a Dan Hannebury win, with Tom Rockliff second and Dustin Martin a close third.

Have a look at the supercoach totals, this may be a bit more accurate.

1. Dustin Martin - 949
2. Nicholas Naitanui - 947
3. David Zaharakis - 932
4. Jack Redden - 931
5. Ryan Bastinac - 929
6. Jack Trengove - 899
6. Dan Hannebury - 899
8. Jack Ziebell - 863
9. Tom Rockliff - 799
10. Todd Banfield - 793
11. Tom Scully - 772

13. Nat Fyfe - 715
19. Michael Hurley - 647

That could be a better way to see the kids..

Take it as you please but Hannebury is clearly a better, more consistent player than the Melbourne duo, the wild Eagle and a couple of Melbourne based teams..

**NOTE: 2009 Stats for the rising star was this**
TOTALS

1. Daniel Rich
2. Andy Otten
3.Callan Ward
4. Tayte Pears
5. Stephen Hill

Rich was the ultimate winner with the double being picked correctly

interesting hey :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad