2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

R.I.P Simon Laracy - Barnawartha FC champion clubman.

Terrible news, Simon was a fantastic person and a credit to his family and the town of Barnawartha. Personally only out at Barny for a short period but he certainly was a person who I respected a great deal through his actions. Very sad day for all who knew Simon.

What is happening around the league are there any clubs who have picked up many if any players, lets get this thread up and going the hume league is at least interesting to read, whos training, does any one fancy having a crack at the top 6, my tips are(even though i would not have a clue at this league)
1. Tallangatta
2. Mitta
3. Beechworth
4. Rutherglen
5. Thurgoona
6. Kiewa
What are everyones thoughts.

What is happening around the league are there any clubs who have picked up many if any players, lets get this thread up and going the hume league is at least interesting to read, whos training, does any one fancy having a crack at the top 6, my tips are(even though i would not have a clue at this league)
1. Tallangatta
2. Mitta
3. Beechworth
4. Rutherglen
5. Thurgoona
6. Kiewa

Jimmy i think you might find that tallangatta will be close to wooden spooners in 2010 i hear they spent 70k to win this year.

i've heard this about tallangatta many times this year, and i think even last year, even heard the coach was paying players out of his own pocket but if my memory serves me correct they still won the flag. i also remember people saying the same about kiewa a few years ago after they lost the gf to mitta and they are still goin ok. same has been said about mitta for years so i wouldn't be reading to much into clubs running out of dough.

1. Tallangatta
2. Mitta
3. Beechworth
4. Rutherglen
5. Thurgoona
6. Kiewa

Interested to hear why you think Mitta have shot up the ladder Jimmy. 6th last year so a bit of improvement required to get back to 2nd. Any recruits ? Same with Rutherglen - a fair way off the pace this year so what will drive the improvement required to improve 5 or 6 places on the ladder ??

Interested to hear why you think Mitta have shot up the ladder Jimmy. 6th last year so a bit of improvement required to get back to 2nd. Any recruits ? Same with Rutherglen - a fair way off the pace this year so what will drive the improvement required to improve 5 or 6 places on the ladder ??

I think Mitta will be up there because i am only going of what i have heard and that is they are recruiting some ok players, the names were mentioned but it was a while ago and have forgotten, but they are going to be very strong, conway has blokes coming in and out of the pub for meetings all the time(apparently) as for rutherglen they pushed a few top sides last season and from what i have heard they have picked up some handy players from corowa and may just be a sleeper among the pack, being a fair way off the pace one year is fair enough but if that side can keep them players all they need is 6 quality players to get them back into a good position the next year.

Jimmy i think you might find that tallangatta will be close to wooden spooners in 2010 i hear they spent 70k to win this year.

i've heard this about tallangatta many times this year, and i think even last year, even heard the coach was paying players out of his own pocket but if my memory serves me correct they still won the flag. i also remember people saying the same about kiewa a few years ago after they lost the gf to mitta and they are still goin ok. same has been said about mitta for years so i wouldn't be reading to much into clubs running out of dough.

I agree with you Stink, regardless of whether they spent $70k or $170k the end result speaks for it's self.
We see it all the time on here about what club spent what and who's got no money left and who will be paid however much a game but the reality is nobody really has a bloody clue and are just stirring things up for the sake of stirring things up. The bottom line is that every club spends money on attracting and keeping players and if they have (or haven't as people are suggesting) the money to do so then good on them. Nobody's business but the club in question.

Wahgunyah have picked up some handy players going on what you hear around the traps . Chiltern might be a bit of a smokie. Picked up a number of good players and players back from long term injures. Heard Oneill has them moving very slick on the track ,But they coming from a long way back.So it could tighten up a lot in 2010.All good for the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wahgunyah have picked up some handy players going on what you hear around the traps . Chiltern might be a bit of a smokie. Picked up a number of good players and players back from long term injures. Heard Oneill has them moving very slick on the track ,But they coming from a long way back.So it could tighten up a lot in 2010.All good for the comp.

Dale Andrews good to go?

Can anyone help fill the gaps on who is coaching and the losses and gains for each club...

Tallangatta
Coach - Brad Clough
Departures - Hansford, McGuire
Gains -

Beechworth
Coach - ?
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Kiewa
Coach - Richardson
Departures - J Bartel, L Cameron
Gains - ?

Yack
Coach - Lillis
Departures - ?
Gains - Lewington

Thurgoona
Coach - Hargreaves
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Mitta
Coach - Conway
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Barny
Coach - Demarte
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Rutherglen
Coach - ?
Departures - ?
Gains - Seymour

Wahgunyah
Coach - Robertson
Departures - Symons
Gains - ?

Dederang
Coach - Twycross
Departures - Cusworth, Dicketts, McMartin
Gains - B Packer, Dalkin, Hill

Saints
Coach - ?
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Chiltern
Coach - O'Neil
Departures - ?
Gains - Lamb, Way, Symons, Andrews.

My thoughts for 2010!!!!!!
Saints are stuffed. Most of them going to Murray Magpies.
Barny big improvers. Numbers are up.
Chiltern will win games. Young bunch with some willey veterans thrown in.
Tallangatta will slide down but not far.
Dederang wait and see.
Thurgoona will be tough and may make grand final???
Mitta will play finals but not sure who they have yet!!!!
Rutherglen to improve but near bottom.
The Lions will be very handy!!!!

Can anyone help fill the gaps on who is coaching and the losses and gains for each club...

Tallangatta
Coach - Brad Clough
Gains -

Beechworth
Coach - Pritchard
Departures -
Gains - ?

Kiewa
Coach - Richardson
Gains - ?

Yack
Coach - Lillis
Departures - Fulton
Gains - Lewington

Thurgoona
Coach - Hargreaves
Departures - Easdown
Gains - McGlynn

Mitta
Coach - Conway
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Barny
Coach - Demarte
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Rutherglen
Coach - Sarau
Departures - ?
Gains - Seymour

Wahgunyah
Coach - Robertson
Departures - Symons
Gains - ?

Dederang
Coach - Twycross

Saints
Coach - McKenzie
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Chiltern
Coach - O'Neil
Departures - ?

Sorry,couldn't add much. All a bit quiet.

My thoughts for 2010!!!!!!
Saints are stuffed. Most of them going to Murray Magpies.
Barny big improvers. Numbers are up.
Chiltern will win games. Young bunch with some willey veterans thrown in.
Tallangatta will slide down but not far.
Dederang wait and see.
Thurgoona will be tough and may make grand final???
Mitta will play finals but not sure who they have yet!!!!
Rutherglen to improve but near bottom.
The Lions will be very handy!!!!

Dederang have signed the Ohlin brothers from Wodonga.

Tallangatta
Coach - Brad Clough
Gains -

Beechworth
Coach - Pritchard
Departures -
Gains - ?

Kiewa
Coach - Richardson
Gains - ?

Yack
Coach - Lillis
Departures - Fulton
Gains - Lewington

Thurgoona
Coach - Hargreaves
Departures - Easdown,
Gains - McGlynn

Mitta
Coach - Conway
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Barny
Coach - Demarte
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Rutherglen
Coach - Sarau
Departures - ?
Gains - Seymour

Wahgunyah
Coach - Robertson
Departures - Symons
Gains - ?

Dederang
Coach - Twycross

Saints
Coach - McKenzie
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Chiltern
Coach - O'Neil
Departures - ?

Sorry,couldn't add much. All a bit quiet.

Hasn't Paul Tucker signed with Jindera, should be a reasonable loss for Thurgoona.

Tallangatta
Coach - Brad Clough
Gains -

Beechworth
Coach - ?
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Kiewa
Coach - Richardson
Gains - ?

Yack
Coach - Lillis
Departures - ?
Gains - Lewington

Thurgoona
Coach - Hargreaves
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Mitta
Coach - Conway
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Barny
Coach - Demarte
Departures -West, Nixon, Roche
Gains - Steve Ramage, Matt Tinkler, Ben Rogers, Troy Withers,
Cam McNeil

Rutherglen
Coach - ?
Departures - ?
Gains - Seymour

Wahgunyah
Coach - Robertson
Departures - Symons
Gains - ?

Dederang
Coach - Twycross

Saints
Coach - ?
Departures - ?
Gains - ?

Chiltern
Coach - O'Neil
Departures - ?
..................................................................................

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back